Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacramento moved him for a trade exception & 2nd rounder :smh:

At the time, his numbers, not per 36, his actual per game stats, were on par with Kyrie, who went #1 in that draft.

28 points on 61% TS, 53% eFG for a 5'9" dude is just silly though. I don't think people understand how skilled you have to be at that height to pull that off.

Last edited:
If you go straight up in the position Baze was in, you might as well take a seat. That might bother IT's shot more than that strategy.

I mean it's almost common sense. In that pic he's completely under the flight path of the ball, not bothering the shot whatsoever. When you go diaganol like that you shrink yourself and you still won't be close enough to block it anyway so it's a waste. If he goes straight up instead of wasting time trying to close out and lunge he can reach a higher point and actually interfere with the flight of the ball. No shooter can jump as high as a defender who gathers himself, swings both arms back and gives a legit vertical leap. And on that shot IT kinda lost his footing and barely got off the ground. A good shooter will figure it out and adjust if you keep doing it but you're still forcing him into a tougher shot and if he doesn't know it's coming he WILL miss. If you actually hoop don't just knock it..Try it.

Based on the distance the defender was originally away from Thomas, unless he was on a trampoline, he wasn't altering the shot that way either :lol:

Last edited:
Based on the distance the defender was away from Thomas, unless he was on a trampoline, he wasn't altering the shot that way either :lol:

Exactly....talking about going straight up with a guy like 5 feet away on a jump shot :lol: maybe if he was 7'2 with a 40 inch vert

I'm telling yall it works :lol:. Baze has a freaking 8 inch pause height advantage. I'm not saying don't close out at all, I'm saying instead of taking the 2-3 steps to run and lunge at a shooter use that time and just take 1 step to gather yourself and go straight up. Also you get in their line of sight and block his view of the rim. I bait dudes into this all the time and I'm not even a whole human taller than them.

Last edited:
If you go straight up in the position Baze was in, you might as well take a seat. That might bother IT's shot more than that strategy.

I mean it's almost common sense. In that pic he's completely under the flight path of the ball, not bothering the shot whatsoever. When you go diaganol like that you shrink yourself and you still won't be close enough to block it anyway so it's a waste. If he goes straight up instead of wasting time trying to close out and lunge he can reach a higher point and actually interfere with the flight of the ball. No shooter can jump as high as a defender who gathers himself, swings both arms back and gives a legit vertical leap. And on that shot IT kinda lost his footing and barely got off the ground. A good shooter will figure it out and adjust if you keep doing it but you're still forcing him into a tougher shot and if he doesn't know it's coming he WILL miss. If you actually hoop don't just knock it..Try it.

Are you basing this off the pic or video evidence?

Cause there was no way Delaney/ Baze was going to contest that shot after that mean hesitation

Are you basing this off the pic or video evidence?

Cause there was no way Delaney/ Baze was going to contest that shot after that mean hesitation

The pic and video. When I watched the replay I noticed zeek slipped and barely jumped. I thought to myself there's no way a 5'9 guy should be able to get that shot off even tho he broke him with the stepback.

Sacramento moved him for a trade exception & 2nd rounder :smh:

At the time, his numbers, not per 36, his actual per game stats, were on par with Kyrie, who went #1 in that draft.

28 points on 61% TS, 53% eFG for a 5'9" dude is just silly though. I don't think people understand how skilled you have to be at that height to pull that off.

He's having the third best season of any player 6'1 or shorter behind CP3's two best years.

I don't know man ask DMBRS or Antidope or Shoeking and they'd Welcome the Grizzlies I think.

Who's their teams? Idk man I'd especially not want to see the Grizz if they had the same Chandler Parsons of Houston but that player is probably long gone. I think they play up to the comp and the defense is amazing plus Fizdale makes adjustments. They've pretty much played every top team perfectly (GSW, Rockets etc) Multiple times at that.

Playoffs is a whole different story so we'll see

IT really should've been a first rounder man

I remember watching him at UW and it was clear he was an NBA player but you just knew that 5'9 listing was gonna KILL his draft position :lol:

Last edited:
I don't know man ask DMBRS or Antidope or Shoeking and they'd Welcome the Grizzlies I think.

Who's their teams? Idk man I'd especially not want to see the Grizz if they had the same Chandler Parsons of Houston but that player is probably long gone. I think they play up to the comp and the defense is amazing plus Fizdale makes adjustments. They've pretty much played every top team perfectly (GSW, Rockets etc) Multiple times at that.

Playoffs is a whole different story so we'll see

I mean, the Clippers are an inbounds pass away from being 3-0 against them on the season. Y'all make it seem like they swept the Clippers :lol:

Easy to say that now lol

But seriously good to see him flourish. He's never even mentioned when it comes to the wall vs Lowry arguements

Easy to say that now lol

But seriously good to see him flourish. He's never even mentioned when it comes to the wall vs Lowry arguements
I think most people in here know a solid NBA prospect when they see one. Hell even Nate was a first rounder and Isaiah has shown more than him.

I will say I had no idea he'd be anywhere near this good.

Zeke being the 60th pick in the draft just further proves just how much of a crapshoot the draft is, honestly.

Honestly that doesn't prove anything. He's an outlier when it comes to 2nd round draft picks.

Last edited:
Been some really great 2nd round picks the last 5/6 years

IT2, Draymond, Jokic.

**** Gobert was almost a second rounder too, got picked 27th.

All those guys showed crazy unique skillsets regardless of their shortcomings, so while the draft is a crapshoot, evaluation is still king.

Mann shut the hell upppppp..

Been some really great 2nd round picks the last 5/6 years

IT2, Draymond, Jokic.

**** Gobert was almost a second rounder too, got picked 27th.

All those guys showed crazy unique skillsets regardless of their shortcomings, so while the draft is a crapshoot, evaluation is still king.

Yep. DJ was a second rounder too

Yep. DJ was a second rounder too

Yup, forgot about him, he was more than 5/6 years ago though.

Once again, were their really that many players with more upside than a true 7 footer who jumps out the gym, rebounds everything and can defend the rim?

But HOLD THE **** ON CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW LOADED 08 DRAFT WAS? :x

Rose, Russ, Love, Gallo, Gordon, Brook Lopez, Hibbert, Ryan Anderson, Ibaka, Batum, George Hill, DeAndre AND Dragic.

Bruh....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom