Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good draft, I don't know if I'd call it loaded though. Likely only one HOFer from that group.

I think it was "immaturity issues" that messed up Jordan's draft status.

He put up 8 & 6 in 20 mins, he was raw overall but still contributed. I seem to recall him and his coach getting into it and him slowly losing playing time as the year went on.

Beas woulda got me fired :lol: I woulda took him first. Rose had a bunch of single digit nights at Memphis while Beas over there putting up 26/12 every night at 18 :smh: several 30,40 point nights & everything. I'm still in awe at how his career has gone.

Last edited:
It's so difficult to truly gauge what the Grizz are. I just know they come to play against elite competition and will rarely lose in close games. There is a reason why they have one of the best (if not the best) record against the playoff teams in the West. We're 4-0 against the 2 teams everyone seems to think is going to the WCF. Everyone else is 13-65 against those teams .

It's cool the Clippers won 2 games against us but 1) the first game was obviously early in the season when the Grizz didn't have anything going and started slow and 2) they played down to the comp in the last game when Blake/CP3 was out. I don't even want the Grizz to take much credit in the game they won against LAC because we still didn't have everyone out there.

In all of this, let's not forget Brandan Wright returning soon. He's injury prone, but he's very efficient and a good role player when he's out there. That's just an additional piece to add come playoff time. Parsons also looks like he's going to be on track to being his self soon.

Last edited:
Find me another draft with that many quality rotation players recently.

It's loaded, just not top heavy.

96 immediately comes to mind (AI, Camby, Marbury, Ray, Antoine, Kobe, Peja, Nash, Kittles,Jermaine O'Neal, Big Z, Fish) all quality rotation players and several HOFers in the group as well.

96 immediately comes to mind (AI, Camby, Marbury, Ray, Antoine, Kobe, Peja, Nash, Kittles,Jermaine O'Neal, Big Z, Fish) all quality rotation players and several HOFers in the group as well.

When you have to use the best draft ever as a comparison that lets you know what you need to know.

Beas woulda got me fired :lol: I woulda took him first. Rose had a bunch of single digit nights at Memphis while Beas over there putting up 26/12 every night at 18 :smh: several 30,40 point nights & everything. I'm still in awe at how his career has gone.

Dude may have been the best freshman ever. :lol:

Too bad that was his peak, game just came too easy for him and he didn't find the discipline to be a great one.

When you have to use the best draft ever as a comparison that lets you know what you need to know.

Just citing the difference between a loaded draft that has all time greats vs a good one.

Blake
Steph
Magic Harden
Holiday
DeKobe
Rubio
Teague
Neck tat
DUI Ty
Collison
Taj
Demarre dollars
Sergio llul
Meeks mills
Pat bev
Almost finals MVP Danny green
Patty mills

Blake
Steph
Magic Harden
Holiday
DeKobe
Rubio
Teague
Neck tat
DUI Ty
Collison
Taj
Demarre dollars
Sergio llul
Meeks mills
Pat bev
Almost finals MVP Danny green
Patty mills

This is more "loaded" than 08 given Blake, Steph, and Beard. Even could throw Derozan in there to a lesser extent.

I think it was "immaturity issues" that messed up Jordan's draft status.

He put up 8 & 6 in 20 mins, he was raw overall but still contributed. I seem to recall him and his coach getting into it and him slowly losing playing time as the year went on.

Yea he was projected to go as high as 15th, guess some noise around him during draft time + the quality of the pool allowed him to slip.

maybe not down to the 60th pick, but I would have a hard time talking myself into using a 1st rounder on a 5'9 shoot first guard who couldn't defend.

If this was my career? Come on fam.

Reminder: The Lakers had four second round draft picks in 2012 and used two on projected guards and two Create A Player prospects.

Last edited:
maybe not down to the 60th pick, but I would have a hard time talking myself into using a 1st rounder on a 5'9 shoot first guard who couldn't defend.

If this was my career? Come on fam.

Conversely, why not select an efficient scorer who is always going to put pressure on the defense?

What's he difference in selecting ty Lawson at 5-11?

He's having the third best season of any player 6'1 or shorter behind CP3's two best years.

Tiny Archibald, AI, Mark Price, Kenny Johnson, Calvin Murphy, Isiah Thomas, John Stockton......

Just say "of recent" mane :lol:. You know your ****. But you LOVE talking in hyperbole and dismissing previous great seasons/players of the past.

When is it time to acknowledge that Parsons stole 98 million?

If he can't get right the entire year or gets hurt again for an extended time, then it's safe to acknowledge it. It'll be all mute if he steps into form and plays well during the 2h of the year / playoffs.

Idk what's more concerning...having a player that you know is not capable of playing at a high level getting paid or having a player that's capable but always hurt :lol:. I'll take the latter if I had to choose. It's working out for HOU right now with Anderson and Gordon.

Last edited:
Tiny Archibald, AI, Mark Price, Kenny Johnson, Calvin Murphy, Isiah Thomas, John Stockton......

Just say "of recent" mane :lol:. You know your ****. But you LOVE talking in hyperbole and dismissing previous great seasons/players of the past.

I'm only including guys that played with the 3pt line so 1979/80 to now, makes no sense to include other guys who played a drastically different game.

And no, none of them guys you mentioned put up IT2 numbers with his usage and efficiency, only CP3.

Last edited:
Also,

Can we talk about how GREAT Greg Monroe has been off the bench?

6MOTY type numbers and efficiency he's putting up. I can't wait until the NBA wakes up and realizes the 6MOTY award isn't Ailey reserved solely for microwave combo guards....

Conversely, why not select an efficient scorer who is always going to put pressure on the defense?

What's he difference in selecting ty Lawson at 5-11?

I would have trusted Ty's PG instincts a bit more than Zeke if I had to draft between the two.

I loved zeke out of Udub but I personally couldn't talk myself into using a 1st on him if this was my career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom