Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston probably is best suited to beat gsw 4 out of 7

Because gsw is an elite switching team, you need a bonafide 1v1 stud to combat that

It's partly why cle has some success against gsw, because of Kyrie AND lebron. Houston with harden.

If you're gonna beat gsw in a series you need that aspect of it because they blow everything up so easily

Making the first/second of the playoffs only to get bounced
They don't make trophies for that either

Not championing that, but they should have beaten Houston, those first 4 games before the collapse were embarrassing.

Not complaining as I was happy to witness it, but Harden/Howard blew up at the wrong time and we lost to a beatable GS team.

The rockets have a top 10 ever 1v1 guy with harden and have an embarrassment of shooters at any given moment surrounding him.

Much like how the cavs surround lebron and Kyrie with snipers galore

It's obvious that in order to beat gsw you're gonna have to have to combat their switching with ELITE level 1v1 players and elite level shooting.

So until Blake Griffin returns to his 14'-15' postseason form, the rockets are my obvious pick if someone was gonna beat gsw.

No way Clips can beat gsw in a series unless They're healthy and Blake is at like 25/12/6 on efficient splits.

Last edited:
Bhz my guy but for what it's worth lac beat the breaks off Memphis in Memphis when lac was healthy, and beat Memphis without Blake and CP in the other win.

a hobbled clippers beat memphis, memphis beats the warriors, warriors turn around and own the clippers. this **** dont add up.

a hobbled clippers beat memphis, memphis beats the warriors, warriors turn around and own the clippers. this **** dont add up.

Spurs beat the warriors but got washed by the clippers who got washed by the warriors lmao it really don't

That's why the playoffs this year especially will be about seeding. GSW/SAS/Hou/LAC all could move up or down a spot seeding wise. So much still to be determined

Cousins after game interview in the locker room 
roll.gif

If the kings throw 200m's at him for five years (why?) and he accepts, they both deserve each other and neither warrant sympathy ever, ever again 

Last edited:

West is wide open, but I wouldn't be extremely confident playing the Jazz in the first round.

ppl really think this?

not being a homer, but the w's look like they going to run away with this. just too much star power.

houston looks solid, but i feel a team like SA can solve dantoni style
Did you watch GSW trying to put Miami away tonight?

Man, as currently constructed, that Star Power is moot.

they were missing a 20 point scorer and defender in Klay. Still won by 12. Would've won by 32 or more with klay. aint no thang blud. wins is wins.

Last edited:
I don't think they're just the "safe" pick, they're the most logical / only pick

Come on man you don't really think someone can beat them 4 out of 7 without homecourt right?

It's why people have in season orgasms when they lose because it's such an accomplishment to beat them once :lol: beating them seems impossible to me unless chaos happens like it did last June

I'm sticking with the Clippers being the biggest threat. Grizzlies 2nd. Every other team is going to need a good amount of luck to pull off a series win against GS.

How plausible is MEM looking to drop in seeding to meet GSW? They seem like the most likely threat imo. Def not Clippers. They've been food for the dubs the last 3 yrs. 0 wins iirc. MEM plays theym like cavs play them. Physical and rough. And with inside threats. They may be the scariest team for GSW honestly. The rest cant slow GSW's scoring, they'd just try to outscore them and thats impossible over 7 games. That pace alone of prime gsw is disgusting. MEM makes gsw playat their pace. It's kryptonite.

West is wide open, but I wouldn't be extremely confident playing the Jazz in the first round.

ppl really think this?

not being a homer, but the w's look like they going to run away with this. just too much star power.

houston looks solid, but i feel a team like SA can solve dantoni style
Did you watch GSW trying to put Miami away tonight?

Man, as currently constructed, that Star Power is moot.

they were missing a 20 point scorer and defender in Klay. Still won by 12. Would've won by 32 or more with klay. aint no thang blud. wins is wins.
Which teams make it to and through the Playoffs healthy?
If anything GSW had their day of health 2years ago when they won the Chip at full health while everybody else was depleted.
Now, I'm no mathematician but I'd say based purely on the numbers, it would not be their turn of run healthy, again, if anybody is going to run healthy.
Just saying, missing Klay for durations is a possibility, so we shall see, in the meantime, a little truth.

Last edited:
The rockets have a top 10 ever 1v1 guy with harden and have an embarrassment of shooters at any given moment surrounding him.

So until Blake Griffin returns to his 14'-15' postseason form, the rockets are my obvious pick if someone was gonna beat gsw.

What season are you watching man :lol: . Shooting has been A1 this season for the Rockets.

Plus I don't want to hear anything Clippers. Yall been saying this for how many years. It's time to let go they not even making it to the WCF.

What season are you watching man :lol: . Shooting has been A1 this season for the Rockets.

Plus I don't want to hear anything Clippers. Yall been saying this for how many years. It's time to let go they not even making it to the WCF.

Embarrassment of shooters means they have so many shooters it's embarrassing. It's a compliment :lol:

He basically said Houston has a much better shot than the Clippers, and I think most of us agree.

D'Antoni got mad that the entire basketball world stole his style and decided to takeit even further. I love it, man. Jimmy Harden, EJ, And Pringles all deserve it :pimp:

Last edited:
Embarrassment of shooters means they have so many shooters it's embarrassing. It's a compliment :lol:

He basically said Houston has a much better shot than the Clippers, and I think most of us agree.

D'Antoni got mad that the entire basketball world stole his style and decided to takeit even further. I love it, man. Jimmy Harden, EJ, And Pringles all deserve it :pimp:

:lol: my apologies P C H P C H . I was confused and it was early. Time to get some coffee lol.

Yeah but I think the only team that can upset the Warriors are the Rockets but end of the day it's all about seeding because I would not want to see Memphis in the playoffs too.

I wonder if they're any other players like Bobby brown who I think is only in Houston cause he's buddies with Harden and ariza shout out to Chris smith [emoji]128514[/emoji]

John Wall outchea :pimp:

WallStar

Closed the deal tonight. Still Washington struggled against a Bulls team without Jimmy, Wade and Mirotic.

Trap game...I think a lot of people saw this coming. Just happy that they're finally over .500, but the starters are playing HEAVY minutes. These guys are gonna wear down unless something is done to remedy the bench. Outside of Oubre (sometimes) and now, Jason Smith.

Anyways, Wall proving that he's the best PG in the East. Arguably, top-3 in the game :pimp:

Another thing...there's not a chance in hell that he wins the award, but John Wall deserves to be in the MVP discussion.

In the 40 minutes and 10 seconds Wall played in this game, he had 26 points, 14 assists, 5 rebounds, and the Wizards outscored the Bulls by 24. In the 7 minutes and 50 seconds he was not on the floor, the Wizards were outscored by 22 points. John Wall shouldn’t have to be this good just to pull out a two point win at home against a team missing Jimmy Butler and Dwyane Wade.

Link

:smh:

He's one of a few guys in the league whose teams are SO reliant on their contributions just to remain competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom