Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Cavs brought the real Trophy to my job today, so I brought in my Ratchet Larry in too :lol:

They pretty much identical other than the fact the real one is super shiny and most likely gold plated, opposed to Brass. Also, mine has been to every bar/club in Cle and drinks spilled on and partied with 100's over the summer.

Roast away NT Family, can't tell me nothing

View media item 2295048

Good stuff. :nthat:

You need to upgrade that title belt though. :lol:  

Yea he def needs to carry the original Big Gold around :smokin

So the Cavs brought the real Trophy to my job today, so I brought in my Ratchet Larry in too :lol:

They pretty much identical other than the fact the real one is super shiny and most likely gold plated, opposed to Brass. Also, mine has been to every bar/club in Cle and drinks spilled on and partied with 100's over the summer.

Roast away NT Family, can't tell me nothing

View media item 2295048
This is so great!
Makes my day every time I see it.
WTF kind of gig do you have where the Cavs are brining the Trophy by bruh...

Hahah @a-friend

My company has had a lower-level suite box with The Cavs & The Q for last 15 years. So Cavs will bring the trophy to any of their partners if requested.

Has anyone ever "out Golden State" in a 7 game series, yet?

I thought we all agreed that if you're going to beat them in 7 games, you have to go away from their style of play. Cleveland didn't beat Golden State because they pushed the pace 100 mph :lol:

I really like Houston and I feel like they're capable of beating a lot of teams come playoff team, but not sure if they are best suited to beat the Warriors in 7 games. You're basically relying on them to out shoot and out gun a team at their own game with elite talent at 4 out of 5 positions.

Maybe I'm thinking completely wrong, but I think limited a team's possessions (in particular an elite offensive team), defending their strength well (the 3 ball) and abusing their weakness (paint protection) gives you a better shot.

Last edited:

He might have to be put in that AI/Sir Charles categories of greats to not win a chip. I can't see Sacramento ever winning a title. Those Peja/Bibby/Webber/Christie days are lonnnnnng gone.

And the way Cali taxes hit you, nahhhh, don't do it Boogie.
Not winning a chip? Bro, let's focus on making a single playoff appearance. You can't ever put boogie next to Charles and AI unless he makes a few deep playoff runs or maybe just a few playoff appearances. lol
this

What he did in the 4th qtr of that Xmas day game? And your suggesting Steph isn't shook against CLE?
We gotta see come MLK day where Curry's mindset playing against Cleveland. He's gotta come out and be aggressive. He knows he has to show up now to change the narrative.

tumblr_ojhtwcfk1E1s3gys4o1_400.gif

sick.gif

Last edited:
Not winning a chip? Bro, let's focus on making a single playoff appearance. You can't ever put boogie next to Charles and AI unless he makes a few deep playoff runs or maybe just a few playoff appearances. lol
haaaa, I meaning as far as individual talent and ability goes and not his overall unit.

He's not going to make the playoffs in the West with the team he has so he's going to need some help there.

I thought we all agreed that if you're going to beat them in 7 games, you have to go away from their style of play. Cleveland didn't beat Golden State because they pushed the pace 100 mph :lol:

I really like Houston and I feel like they're capable of beating a lot of teams come playoff team, but not sure if they are best suited to beat the Warriors in 7 games. You're basically relying on them to out shoot and out gun a team at their own game with elite talent at 4 out of 5 positions.

Maybe I'm thinking completely wrong, but I think limited a team's possessions (in particular an elite offensive team), defending their strength well (the 3 ball) and abusing their weakness (paint protection) gives you a better shot.

check my post a page back.

I agree with this 100% and so does Charles Barkley :lol:

The Warriors are simply a finesse team. They run on motion, screens and ball movement in their offense. It's pretty basic stuff, but they do an exceptional job at it. Unfortunately, the shots they do take are considered "low percentage" shots. Do they make some open shots? Yes, but the bulk of their shots are contested (I believe. Someone adv. stats check). In a 7 game series, you're not always going to have your legs under you. Look at what happened in the last 3-4 minutes of game 7 in the Finals.

Curry and co. expended most of their energy and couldn't muster an in-rhythm shot at the end. As it's shown to be evident, the best way to knock the Warriors out is to be able to play them physical and sustain the physicality for the entire 48-minutes of the game. Reason being, they will try to knock you out early. It's really almost like boxing :lol:

Last edited:
hope w's learn from their miscues
steph stay healthy
dray keep your kicks to yourself

team legit has 5 all stars :x

they've only got 6 Ls and a couple were blown leads at the end of the gm. they'll be fine. lets not fool ourselves into thinking some team other than the w's will make it to the finals

if your weakness is too much talent, that's a good thing

Last edited:
Yea Houston doesn't really have a good chance. CLE, MEM, UTAH are the ones who have the best shot I believe. Then SA and the LAC.

What he did in the 4th qtr of that Xmas day game? And your suggesting Steph isn't shook against CLE?

His foot got stepped on and he got pushed on the last possession. Do yourself a favor and look up the play by play and consider turnovers and who else missed shots.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/pbp/201612250CLE.html#q4

I think Steph has simply been arrogant with CLE. They're the one team that can stop him from jacking and force him to play a style that isn't as fun. He's been food on defense as CLE trys to seek him out, but that can be overcome imo

We gotta see come MLK day where Curry's mindset playing against Cleveland. He's gotta come out and be aggressive. He knows he has to show up now to change the narrative.

Steph doesn't need to be aggressive. He needs to play sound fundamental ball is all really. He be doing too much soemtimes

Last edited:
hope w's learn from their miscues
steph stay healthy
dray keep your kicks to yourself

team legit has 5 all stars
sick.gif
and they have the advantage of keeping at least two of them at all time?

It took Miami a while to mesh before they started dominating fr fr.

33-6 in the their first half season together. They'll be alright.

Yea Houston doesn't really have a good chance. CLE, MEM, UTAH are the ones who have the best shot I believe. Then SA and the LAC.

How does SA and LAC have a shot at the GSW? You're putting these two teams in the same bucket as the Cavs, Grizz and Jazz? I don't get it man :lol:

SA and LAC would be food for the Warrior honestly. As discussed and agreed upon, you need to be able to beat up on the Warriors defensively and out rebound them.

curry has been much more aggressive lately. hopefully that is his mindset again like it was the last couple years. No more taking a back seat to kd. Both can dominate. When curry is confident and aggressive, he's unguardable. When he's relaxed and nonchalant and passive, he's human af. and annoying.

How plausible is MEM looking to drop in seeding to meet GSW? They seem like the most likely threat imo. Def not Clippers. They've been food for the dubs the last 3 yrs. 0 wins iirc. MEM plays theym like cavs play them. Physical and rough. And with inside threats. They may be the scariest team for GSW honestly. The rest cant slow GSW's scoring, they'd just try to outscore them and thats impossible over 7 games. That pace alone of prime gsw is disgusting. MEM makes gsw playat their pace. It's kryptonite.

check my post a page back.

100% agreed. Plus, I think there are a few other factors to consider outside of the obvious (injuries) from the last time the two met in the playoffs...

For one, their IQ and defense at center isn't the same. Kerr was able to use Bogut a lot more effectively in our series a few years ago to play him off of Tony Allen. Zaza just doesn't have it.

Second, Fiz has adjusted to that strategy somewhat by playing TA on the ball. Not sure how effective it'll be in a series, but you can tell a difference.

Third, Marc's new found ability to shoot the 3. This automatically makes it easier to space the floor and keep them from packing the paint on Zbo when they're playing small ball.

Not sure how everything will play out, but this ain't just homer talk guise :lol: I just don't need TA to get hamstring issues, Conley and Marc to be in a protective bubble and everybody else just take it easy until the playoffs.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Memphis push for that 4th/5th matchup just so they can matchup against the Warriors in the 2nd round. If they get 6th, they risk meeting the Rockets then the Spurs. I still can't get a read on SAS especially since Memphis hasn't played them. They could still be our kryptonite

Last edited:
I think Steph has simply been arrogant with CLE. They're the one team that can stop him from jacking and force him to play a style that isn't as fun. He's been food on defense as CLE trys to seek him out, but that can be overcome imo
Steph doesn't need to be aggressive. He needs to play sound fundamental ball is all really. He be doing too much soemtimes
If not agressive, he needs to be assertive at the very least. These past games against Cleveland, he's taken a backseat.

How does SA and LAC have a shot at the GSW? You're putting these two teams in the same bucket as the Cavs, Grizz and Jazz? I don't get it man :lol:

SA and LAC would be food for the Warrior honestly. As discussed and agreed upon, you need to be able to beat up on the Warriors defensively and out rebound them.

SA & LAC on a lower tier, but they have the most talent out of the remaining teams as far as competing with GS not necessarily that they'll be able to beat them. That's all.

You guys mention Curry as being a huge reason for the Warriors missteps against the Cavs, but the last time I checked--It took Lebron and Kyrie playing out of their minds to BARELY beat GS :lol:

I know a win is a win, but c'mon! These boys needed to play EXCEPTIONAL just to barely beat a team. And it's not even like the Warriors played a perfect game either. There were a lot of mistakes that were made, that don't usually happen.

All i'm saying is that teams have to play their BEST and hope for GS to make mistakes (which they don't normally make) just to barely get a win. IDK, but if a fan of any team going against GS, I wouldn't like those circumstances.

You guys mention Curry as being a huge reason for the Warriors missteps against the Cavs, but the last time I checked--It took Lebron and Kyrie playing out of their minds to BARELY beat GS :lol:

I know a win is a win, but c'mon! These boys needed to play EXCEPTIONAL just to barely beat a team. And it's not even like the Warriors played a perfect game either. There were a lot of mistakes that were made, that don't usually happen.

All i'm saying is that teams have to play their BEST and hope for GS to make mistakes (which they don't normally make) just to barely get a win. IDK, but if a fan of any team going against GS, I wouldn't like those circumstances.

And if Curry would have just played to his normal self their heroics wouldn't have mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom