Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we all agreed that if you're going to beat them in 7 games, you have to go away from their style of play. Cleveland didn't beat Golden State because they pushed the pace 100 mph :lol:

Actually Ty Lue did tell his team to pick up he pace in the finals

http://www.espn.com/nba/playoffs/20...-faster-pace-golden-state-warriors-nba-finals

Its a big difference in pushing the pace to get into sets a little faster and flat out run n' gun. Cavs still had the 11th slowest pace in the playoffs last season. They may pushed to get the ball up quicker to prevent the defense from setting up. Memphis is pushing the pace themselves in that case because we aren't necessarily just walking up the court anymore every possession to pound it inside.

If numbers are right, the Cavs played at a pace of 95.3 (same as the Warriors) in the Finals last year. During the playoffs overall, their pace was 93. Warriors was 99.8

Last edited:
Cle did what they needed to do and GSW didn't. The year before GS did and CLE didn't. I'd much rather see 7 games of someone barely winning than a bunch of blowouts. Championship games should be close imo...

And if Curry would have just played to his normal self their heroics wouldn't have mattered.
Exactly, Cleveland was getting a lot of gas for beating the Warriors and they won the title for sure but that team was not better than GS.

Hopefully, both teams can make it back healthy so we can see what's really up.

Championship games should be close imo...
It's great if you don't have a team in there. Personally, I was ecstatic when the Lakers have been in the Finals and bodied whoever their opponent was. I get too antsy in close games.

When GS was killing Cleveland last year, I was pleased.

I like a Rockets & Warriors WCF.  

Both team will live and die by the three. 

Harden super saiyan mode 

And if Curry would have just played to his normal self their heroics wouldn't have mattered.

Exactly, Cleveland was getting a lot of gas for beating the Warriors and they won the title for sure but that team was not better than GS.

Hopefully, both teams can make it back healthy so we can see what's really up.
:rofl: that was said the year before as well. "best 3 out of 5"

Last edited:
Cle did what they needed to do and GSW didn't. The year before GS did and CLE didn't. I'd much rather see 7 games of someone barely winning than a bunch of blowouts. Championship games should be close imo...

Most of the games last finals were blowouts though.

You guys mention Curry as being a huge reason for the Warriors missteps against the Cavs, but the last time I checked--It took Lebron and Kyrie playing out of their minds to BARELY beat GS
laugh.gif

I know a win is a win, but c'mon! These boys needed to play EXCEPTIONAL just to barely beat a team. And it's not even like the Warriors played a perfect game either. There were a lot of mistakes that were made, that don't usually happen.

All i'm saying is that teams have to play their BEST and hope for GS to make mistakes (which they don't normally make) just to barely get a win. IDK, but if a fan of any team going against GS, I wouldn't like those circumstances.
It's crazy how in a close series/game we always have to act like the loser was garbage and wasn't even close and deserves to be shamed.

Championship games should be close imo...

It's great if you don't have a team in there. Personally, I was ecstatic when the Lakers have been in the Finals and bodied whoever their opponent was. I get too antsy in close games.

When GS was killing Cleveland last year, I was pleased.
I can understand that point. If my team :frown: ever makes it I would prefer 4 straight blowouts but 4 hard fought wins would be more exciting to watch...

Call me crazy, but you can't beat gsw in a series when you're a bottom 10 team in just about every offensive category'.

I don't see it. They won't be able to score enough. Hell thats a big reason why if Memphis were to match up with lac in the playoffs I would pick lac, especially if lac has homecourt.

Call me crazy, but you can't beat gsw in a series when you're a bottom 10 team in just about every offensive category'.

I don't see it. They won't be able to score enough. Hell thats a big reason why if Memphis were to match up with lac in the playoffs I would pick lac, especially if lac has homecourt.

You're not crazy.

Offense >>>> defense.

I agree with this line of thinking

View media item 2295218

Fools wylin thinking they doing it?

Lakers missed out on DeRozen after scoffing at the idea of giving him the max, so here's their chance to right the ship

but seems sketch as hell. How can each team have blowouts and then the deciding game is close?

Ratings? Money?
Well it's an actual game played by humans with a lot of variance, not a computer simulation.

:rofl:

George Karl finally making the rounds on TV.

Which NT'er was it that used to give the breakdowns on why George Karl was a "Crap Coach"?

@sea manup  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom