Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
in the end it probably doesnt mean much in the standings, but still what's up with the spurs dropping these home gms :x

Rockets can very well lose in the first round and as well make it to the WCFs and even possible further. Always boils down to seeding/matchups as it did for in 14/15. Biggest threat to the Warriors is really the Clippers.

Lol nah it's not the clippers.

Tbh there isn't a threat to gsw in the west rn. I don't see it. So much is being made over them when they lose and they're like 32-6. Come on man they're like 94-6 at home in recent years and will have homecourt throughout. It's so far fetched for me to conceptualize someone beating them 4 out of 7 that I gotta see it to believe it

in the end it probably doesnt mean much in the standings, but still what's up with the spurs dropping these home gms :x

Oh it matters.

If Houston catches them, that leaves them without homecourt in the 2nd rd and they still have to play gsw multiple times, as well as the Clips who have handled them this year. If they drop to third I could actually see them dropping to fourth possibly.

For me, no one can beat gsw. They've been way to dominant since 14-15 to pick against them once the playoffs roll around

But I don't see the clear separation between hou/sas/lac/utah/Memphis I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these teams beat each other four out of 7 although I do feel like the clippers are the best of this bunch.

Lol nah it's not the clippers.

Tbh there isn't a threat to gsw in the west rn. I don't see it. So much is being made over them when they lose and they're like 32-6. Come on man they're like 94-6 at home in recent years and will have homecourt throughout. It's so far fetched for me to conceptualize someone beating them 4 out of 7 that I gotta see it to believe it
Dudes talking like they got 15 loses. They lost 33-6 so far and they aren't the favorite out west? The hate is real. For what it's worth I still think the cavs got their number right now until proven otherwise.

I mean the Warriors are a safe pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make the Finals this year.

Hope Memphis and LAC meet in the playoffs again, always fun to watch.

I hope it's HOU v OKC, SA v UTA, MEM v LAC, in the 1st round. GS basically got a bye. 

OMG KORVER DROPPED 2 points for the cavs. Hand them the larry o brien already!!!!!

Am I doing it right?

Last edited:
I mean the Warriors are a safe pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make the Finals this year.

I don't think they're just the "safe" pick, they're the most logical / only pick

Come on man you don't really think someone can beat them 4 out of 7 without homecourt right?

It's why people have in season orgasms when they lose because it's such an accomplishment to beat them once :lol: beating them seems impossible to me unless chaos happens like it did last June

I hope it's HOU v OKC, SA v UTA, MEM v LAC, in the 1st round. GS basically got a bye. 
Crazy thing is I can see all of those going either way. Do we really gotta watch eastern conference playoffs again? Just let Toronto play the cavs to keep their legs fresh then bring on the finals.

Crazy thing is I can see all of those going either way. Do we really gotta watch eastern conference playoffs again? Just let Toronto play the cavs to keep their legs fresh then bring on the finals.
Absolutely, they're all in the same boat to me. Anybody can beat anybody after GS in the West maybe except if OKC plays SA, then I think they get washed. 

Dudes talking like they got 15 loses. They lost 33-6 so far and they aren't the favorite out west? The hate is real. For what it's worth I still think the cavs got their number right now until proven otherwise.

I personally don't think the cavs have gsw's number. Like I've said before, gsw was dominating them in the finals until injuries and suspensions hit, then they beat them xmas day. I wouldn't say that's having their number imo

I don't think they're just the "safe" pick, they're the most logical / only pick

Come on man you don't really think someone can beat them 4 out of 7 without homecourt right?

It's why people have in season orgasms when they lose because it's such an accomplishment to beat them once :lol: beating them seems impossible to me unless chaos happens like it did last June

I'm sticking with the Clippers being the biggest threat. Grizzlies 2nd. Every other team is going to need a good amount of luck to pull off a series win against GS.

Rockets can very well lose in the first round and as well make it to the WCFs and even possible further. Always boils down to seeding/matchups as it did for in 14/15. Biggest threat to the Warriors is really the Clippers.

That's a no

Clips still gotta prove they can get past teams like Memphis, Houston ...Blazers got their number in the playoffs in the first round

Last edited:
I personally don't think the cavs have gsw's number. Like I've said before, gsw was dominating them in the finals until injuries and suspensions hit, then they beat them xmas day. I wouldn't say that's having their number imo
They had it in the finals, lebron looked defeated, that's why he kept talking about the dray play. After that suspension it was over, the momentum shifted. Biggest thing is steph forgetting how to play basketball against them.

That's a no

Clips still gotta prove they can get past teams like Memphis, Houston ...Blazers got their number in the playoffs in the first round

Not sure how beating a team without the 2 cornerstones of the franchise is much of an accomplishment.

I'm sticking with the Clippers being the biggest threat. Grizzlies 2nd. Every other team is going to need a good amount of luck to pull off a series win against GS.

I think the playoffs are all abt

1) matchups and

2) momentum

All teams have teams that they matchup well against. For LAC, just abt any other team out west would be a solid matchup for them...except gsw. I think they've won in gsw like a couple of times since cp has been there?

The Clips have lost like a billion straight to gsw currently. I'd have to wait and see how they play gsw the rest of this season before I even entertain this and I'm a clipper guy. lol

The clippers don't have enough and Memphis gotta play perfect basketball 4-7 games. Which means they gotta knock down jumpers and score consistently. They won last week but we're down 25 going into the 4th, their not gonna blow those leads in the post season when it matters. The spurs have the best shot but their lack of guards are gonna cost them I think. I wanna see if Houston can keep this up in the postseason or will they do what we think they will do.

Last edited:
Eh GS won 6 in a row, now have lost 4 in a row, and Bron got mind control over Steph. KD is still disappearing, I still give them a slight edge, but it's not nearly the slam dunk I though it was going to be. 

That's a no

Lmao they've beaten Memphis before, should of beat Houston, and routinely handle the Blazers. I mean have you seen the Blazers against the Clips the last two years?

The Clippers have beaten the warriors, Spurs, grizzlies in recent memory and went head up with OKC, Houston, etc they're about as proven as you can get for a team that hasn't won one / went deep in the playoffs

Bhz my guy but for what it's worth lac beat the breaks off Memphis in Memphis when lac was healthy, and beat Memphis without Blake and CP in the other win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom