Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't get hyped to the extent that I see them as set in stone contenders. I just see them as being a great position and I don't believe they're doing a half *** job in any regard

They're a playoff team with the chance to add a top pick or trade it for something that can further help them build. When I look around the conference I feel Boston is just fine for the future

It's deep bruh..They're not in a bad position but it's not exactly great either. Barring a blockbuster trade they're gonna lose it/Bradley/crowder when they come off their bargain deals. Then from there you're building around al horford and Marcus smart. They HAVE to make a big trade or sign a big free agent which is possible but unlikely imo

Last edited:
Korver not about that corny *** hand shake life. Bruh gon come in like

gon head with that **** blud
tumblr_nqivct4h2g1ux6hsjo1_400.gif

harden is clearly the mvp lol
I dont' know if you were being sarcastic because I'm a few posts late hahaha. If you take Russ off the Thunder, they aren't a playoff team. He's lost the most and still been able to keep that team competing while averaging a triple dub. I don't think Harden would be capable of doing that. Again, I don't know if you were being sarcastic about that so no shots..
Walton > Kerr
I could agree. We've seen what Walton could do with a great team and a up and coming team. We've only seen Kerr with a great team. I don't think he would be able to get the same results with what the Lakers got right now.

I dont' know if you were being sarcastic because I'm a few posts late hahaha. If you take Russ off the Thunder, they aren't a playoff team. He's lost the most and still been able to keep that team competing while averaging a triple dub. I don't think Harden would be capable of doing that. Again, I don't know if you were being sarcastic about that so no shots..
Harden just led Houston to a 3rd seed in 2015 by himself lol
regardless though that's not how the mvp award works otherwise LeBron would have about 10
Harden has better stats than Russ and his team is a 2 seed right now on pace to win close to 60 games.

Do you not remember what harden did 2 years ago?
That team was waaay worst than what the thunder are now.

what made bron mvp 4 times? serious question.

Did he have the best numbers, or was he the best player on the top seeded teams?

Harden just led Houston to a 3rd seed in 2015 by himself lol
regardless though that's not how the mvp award works otherwise LeBron would have about 10
Harden has better stats than Russ and his team is a 2 seed right now on pace to win close to 60 games.
Which stats are those? I'm only looking at the basic pts/assists/rebounds and PER and Russ has Harden there so if I'm missing something, just tell me what page to go back and look. Halp me lol

He made a team contenders that without him would probably have the worst record in the league.

Did he have the best numbers, or was he the best player on the top seeded teams?
Top seeded teams, eye test, hype, eating those leastern conference teams. 

I'm still salty that Kobe only has 1 but I digress...

Which stats are those? I'm only looking at the basic pts/assists/rebounds and PER and Russ has Harden there so if I'm missing something, just tell me what page to go back and look. Halp me lol
so because russ is averaging 2 more rebounds on a much worse team he should be mvp?

As much as that seems good on paper, the Wolves have a heck of a long way to go. Especially Wiggins.

Wiggins needs to pay somebody to teach him to score without holding the ball for longer than a few seconds. Wolves need to find a way to lower his usage
I love Thibs, but he isn't right for these guys
Everything needs to start/end with KAT. All his versatility is great, but they're mis-using him
If they can figure the right offensive system to really make these guys gel, its gonna be a major problem. they've probably led by close to double digits, at some point, in like 50% of their games.

Do you not remember what harden did 2 years ago?
That team was waaay worst than what the thunder are now.
isn't that the year Chris Paul only played 5 games in their matchup?

kat has really regressed this year smh
lavine is actually the only one who improved from last season

houston isn't a playoff team without harden either lol
i mean is:
beverley
dekker
gordon
anderson
capela

that much better than
oladipo
kanter
roberson
adams

?

@WojVerticalNBA Sources: Atlanta GM Wes Wilcox has started informing teams today that Paul Millsap is no longer on the trade market.
"So let's let him walk for nothing OR pay him $200M this summer."

kat has really regressed this year smh
lavine is actually the only one who improved from last season

lol i mean I dont want to say KAT regressed at 21. Maybe his growth just wasnt as exponential in yr 2 as yr 1, a la AD. Kid is still a killa though. But youngins reach a peak and then have diminishing returns in the beginning as their bodies are still growing and developing. He'll be fine, and realllly good.

so because russ is averaging 2 more rebounds on a much worse team he should be mvp?
bruv....Russ is averaging a triple double. 31, 10, 10 with a 30 PER

The Beard is at 28, 8 and 11 with a 28 PER.

A wise man once said men lie, women lie, numbers dont.

Harden has the Rockets at a 3 seed so kudos there.

Top seeded teams, eye test, hype, eating those leastern conference teams. 

I'm still salty that Kobe only has 1 but I digress...

How many times has the mvp gone to a player not on a top seeded team?

Just seems like Most Valuable Player award is hella inaccurate. Maybe my team doesnt have the best record, but we did our best and without me they'd be cat food, type ish.

Seems like no matter what it always goes to team at the top. Then you're talking about Curry or Bron again. Curry's been turning it on the last few games, averaging 35 and assists and boards and bron gon bron. So its safe to say that these 2 teams finish with best record, and given history...

The only traditional stat Harden is up on is assists (11.8 vs 10.7) and Russ actually has a higher assist percentage than Harden does. Plus Harden has a higher turnover average and rate even though Russ' usage is way higher. And in advanced stats TS% and WS are the only one that's in Harden's favor as well. Everything else is Russ leading or almost identical ( ie. 44% shooting vs 43% or 1.4 vs 1.3 steals).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom