Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall can knock Russ all you want over his triple double but he is doing something that hasn't been done in over half a century.

If yall are impressed by the Big O doing it but arent impressed by Westbrook doing then we are at an impasse.

Bron gonna win MVP. But at this point I think Harden is in the lead. I can't see the rockets maintaining this winning pace.

the hardest part of the Rox schedule was at the start. We're almost 5 games ahead of the clippers who are at 4th seed...7 games ahead of 5th seed. and we already lost Capela who will return. who are you factoring on being hurt? Even if EG falls off, we got other guys budding, and still a bunch of clean looks being generated.

I question Hardens heart in the playoffs but him and Westbrook are basically even as far as who's having the better season. Both are having all time seasons.

I know Dwight was hurt half the season and Beverly missed some games but I'd take what he then with Kevin Mchale as coach over what Russ had now with OKC and Billy Donovan.
[/quot

8 people from that team are no longer in the league. Kevin mchale has never been a good coach

You can also say during that year the Rockets got the 2 seed the Thunder were plagued with injuries (Durant 55 games, Ibaka 23 games, and Russ 15 games) 

i absolutely can't stand harden, as a fan of basketball dude just rubs me the wrong way. but as far as the MVP race is concerned, I'd put him leaps and bounds ahead of russ on the strength of his team's record and his impact on that. Russ is having a historic season but for what? For OKC to make absolutely no noise in the playoffs.

Russ winning MVP will be as meaningful as the warriors going 73-9 and losing the championship.

You can also say during that year the Rockets got the 2 seed the Thunder were plagued with injuries (Durant 55 games, Ibaka 23 games, and Russ 15 games) 
Was doing my best not to mention that. Houston definitely had some help.

Spurs shouldn't have lost to the Peliscans.

They already beat GS this year with steph in the lineup in Oakland

He fouled out in double overtime. Again, yet to beat GS with Steph in for the whole game.

Yes, in double overtime, not the 3rd or 4th quarter

that's still more impressive than what russ is doing right now
Harden during that season is not averaging a near triple double like he is now. But what is the point of this debate when we are only in January only. There is still like 3 months until the season ends.

i absolutely can't stand harden, as a fan of basketball dude just rubs me the wrong way. but as far as the MVP race is concerned, I'd put him leaps and bounds ahead of russ on the strength of his team's record and his impact on that. Russ is having a historic season but for what? For OKC to make absolutely no noise in the playoffs.

Russ winning MVP will be as meaningful as the warriors going 73-9 and losing the championship.
It's a regular season award not what he does in the playoffs brother

I miss the Bill and Jalen NBA Preview

The 2013 Warriors preview is still on YouTube. It's funny to see what takes came true and what didn't.

Last edited:
Spurs shouldn't have lost to the Peliscans.
Yes, in double overtime, not the 3rd or 4th quarter
At the time he fouled out, game was still tied. 3:25 enough's worth to be exact. He had an off-night but 3:25 is ample enough time to go on a spurt. Warriors fell apart after he fouled out.

But yall got it bruvs, lol it aint worth this, especially when neither teams wear purp and gold.

bruv....Russ is averaging a triple double. 31, 10, 10 with a 30 PER

The Beard is at 28, 8 and 11 with a 28 PER.

A wise man once said men lie, women lie, numbers dont.

Harden has the Rockets at a 3 seed so kudos there.

The only traditional stat Harden is up on is assists (11.8 vs 10.7) and Russ actually has a higher assist percentage than Harden does. Plus Harden has a higher turnover average and rate even though Russ' usage is way higher. And in advanced stats TS% and WS are the only one that's in Harden's favor as well. Everything else is Russ leading or almost identical ( ie. 44% shooting vs 43% or 1.4 vs 1.3 steals).

Dudes really gassed that Westbrook is averaging 2 points more than harden on 6 more shots [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] and his team has 7 more losses

Last edited:
Lastly before the season analysts and NTer's had okc higher than Houston is
Bev
Gordon
Ariza
Anderson
Capela
Harell
Dekker
Brewer
That much better than
Samaj
Dipo
Roberson
Sabonis
Adams
Kanter
Laugvenre
Grant
Abrines
Morrow?
I don't think so

if season ended today, even though russ is absolutely killing the stat sheet, the league looks at team success more than individual success so harden would be a no brainer for MVP, weve seen in happen before

31 10 11
isn't that much more impressive than 28 8 12
stop with this triple double nonsense :rofl:
especially when most of russ' triple doubles aren't impressive

He's averaging 31, 11, 10 which has been done ONCE in league history to this point. Lol at it not being impressive. If the team records were closer this wouldn't even be a discussion. Let that final win gap be around 4 or so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom