Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were talking about regular season. The same season the starting center point guard and power forward missed significant timeE
You said 2 years ago so I assumed you were talking about their playoff run.

Either way James, you're a good player for sure and DA got your playing right. If I had a vote, I'd give it to your mans Russ.

You said 2 years ago so I assumed you were talking about their playoff run.

Either way James, you're a good player for sure and DA got your playing right. If I had a vote, I'd give it to your mans Russ.

You said he couldn't do what Westbrook is doing now. Leading at mediocre team to the 7th seed ain't hard at all.

bruv....Russ is averaging a triple double. 31, 10, 10 with a 30 PER

The Beard is at 28, 8 and 11 with a 28 PER.

A wise man once said men lie, women lie, numbers dont.

Harden has the Rockets at a 3 seed so kudos there.
harden: 115 ortg 106.7 drtg 52.4 efg% 61 ts% 33.7 usg%
russ: 107.8 ortg 101.4 drtg 47.1 efg% 54.6 ts% 41.7 usg%

harden has clearly been better man lol
add that to the fact that his team has a way better record and it's not even close

Last edited:
What Harden is doing is phenomenal, and his team is better, but as awwsome said earlier, Russ is having an historic season like top 5 of all time. I think only Curry last year, Bron in 2013, and MJ in 88 are rated better to this point.

How many times has the mvp gone to a player not on a top seeded team?

Just seems like Most Valuable Player award is hella inaccurate. Maybe my team doesnt have the best record, but we did our best and without me they'd be cat food, type ish.

Seems like no matter what it always goes to team at the top. Then you're talking about Curry or Bron again. Curry's been turning it on the last few games, averaging 35 and assists and boards and bron gon bron. So its safe to say that these 2 teams finish with best record, and given history...
Exactly. The year Kobe had Smush and Kwame and was a rebound away from eliminating the Suns in the playoffs plus that scoring tear he had and the 81 point game, he should've got MVP. That was a lottery team without him.

That's a good question, I don't like seeding to be a criteria. Value in my opinion is what the team be able to do without you. I may be the only one who thinks this, I get stones thrown every time I bring this up, take Lebron off of those Heat title teams and they don't win the title but got enough with Wade and Bosh to be at a playoff team.

KD coming should make it darn near impossible for Curry to become MVP unless he returns to 2K form. Glad to see him being more aggressive these last few games.

You said he couldn't do what Westbrook is doing now. Leading at mediocre team to the 7th seed ain't hard at all.
But who even thought they would be this successful after losing KD? And they have some new pieces their trying to work in. Again, Russ lost more, is averaging a triple double and his team his still in contention.

Bron gonna win MVP. But at this point I think Harden is in the lead. I can't see the rockets maintaining this winning pace.

It's funny yall are looking at all these analytics and I doubt half the voters even take it that seriously :lol:. Don't Barkley and all em dudes get votes?

Lavine leading the league in minutes. Thibs truly has no soul.

But who even thought they would be this successful after losing KD? And they have some new pieces their trying to work in. Again, Russ lost more, is averaging a triple double and his team his still in contention.

You missing the point. You said harden couldn't do what Westbrook is doing, he did it 2 years ago with a better record and worse team

boys officially making me not like the triple double :lol:

as a JKidd fan, I won't stand for the RWB gas as it relates to getting a triple double

yall don't like JH. Don't let a personal opinion skew good basketball analysis though.

okc is right where a lot of people thought they would be
houston is exceeding expectations though

houston is def exceeding expectations. and fun as hell to watch, might i add. just wish they would give crackhead brewer more minutes. and I wish he'd grow his hair out :rofl:

You missing the point. You said harden couldn't do what Westbrook is doing, he did it 2 years ago with a better record and worse team
I know Dwight was hurt half the season and Beverly missed some games but I'd take what he then with Kevin Mchale as coach over what Russ had now with OKC and Billy Donovan.

31 10 11
isn't that much more impressive than 28 8 12
stop with this triple double nonsense :rofl:
especially when most of russ' triple doubles aren't impressive

Last edited:
We also gotta stop with this RWB's teammates narrative. OKC is one of the best drafting teams in the league. They have lots of talent that isn't being properly utilized. JH spends the entire game getting his guys looks that they're comfortable with.

RWB is a monster in a vacuum, and his teammates are rallying around him as much as possible, but he has to be a better distributor/facilitator to make those guys play better. 10 assists coming downhill and dumping down to the C isn't gonna do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom