Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think that's what hurt them last year as everyone expected them to make a splash during draft night but they didn't and I think they regret it. They are not good enough now to win anything but can make a splash during the offseason to put them over the top. It might be at the expense of their rebuilding.
So, they're in a great position then? You seem to be contradicting yourself in the same post

They can become a needle mover over the next 5 seasons if Ainge can play his cards right

This current Celtic team aint gonna win nothing, let's get real. If they want to compete then zeek/Bradley/crowder/nets '17..At least two of them are gone. And with this new CBA it makes no sense to trade a franchise player and blow it up when you can blackmail them and just look for those complementary pieces rather than go thru all the trouble of a full rebuild. So it's unlikely they or any other team trades for a superstar.

With that in mind what is the C's path to a championship?

This current Celtic team aint gonna win nothing, let's get real. If they want to compete then zeek/Bradley/crowder/nets '17..At least two of them are gone. And with this new CBA it makes no sense to trade a franchise player and blow it up when you can blackmail them and just look for those complementary pieces rather than go thru all the trouble of a full rebuild. So it's unlikely they or any other team trades for a superstar.

With that in mind what is the C's path to a championship?
So what is your assessment of the other teams in the conference in terms of the future? I don't get what you want Boston to do then...

Seems like you're singling out Boston

@Vincent Van Ho

You a Celtics fan
nerd.gif

I never see you really side with a team (or anything really). But you seem to take a special liking to them guys up in Boston.
Not at all. I just call things like I see them

[emoji]129300[/emoji] every other defensive stat I looked at doesn't have Russ that high and he's a horrible defender from the eye test so idk....

You'd be wrong his defensive box plus minus this season is 4.3 the highest of his career and just behind Rudy at 4.4, Draymond at 4.7. Harden by comparison is at 1.4. So it's not the only metric. Defensive win shares are similar as well with Russ at 2.0, Gobert at 2.9, Draymond at 2.4. They're pretty much all in the same range the only huge difference I've seen would be in the real box plus minus which does an evaluation per 100 possessions.

I've seen Russ be more disciplined on defense this season because he's had to be especially with no KD or Ibaka back there at room protectors and he's out there with Kanter a lot more as well. Can't afford to gamble as much as he had in the past.

Last edited:
Breh, where the hell have you been all this time? :lol:

Why do you think leemelone was hyping up the Nets and calling the pick worthless?
Breh, I had no clue man. Smh, I was only aware of the Lakers/76ers thing

Not as high on this draft as others, but not even Ainge can screw up a top three pick in this draft. :lol:

Me either. Should get back some good value if traded though.
What makes yall say this about the draft? We haven't had one like this in a while
The 2014 draft was hyped as hell, and has up to date been good but nothing special.

While the 2015 draft has been very good, but wasn't hyped too much.

I agree. I think that's what hurt them last year as everyone expected them to make a splash during draft night but they didn't and I think they regret it. They are not good enough now to win anything but can make a splash during the offseason to put them over the top. It might be at the expense of their rebuilding.
So, they're in a great position then? You seem to be contradicting yourself in the same post

They can become a needle mover over the next 5 seasons if Ainge can play his cards right

It seems that way because Boston has the option to be a contender next year or build through the draft. Can they do both? It will be very hard to do. They are in great position because they have the option to do either or. Trade their top 3 pick for a superstar and contend as soon as next year or be stuck at first/ second round exits and cash in on Nets next two lottery picks, wait out LeBrons prime and have a core that can do real damage in 2020.

They do have a chance at nabbing Gordon Hayward, but will that make them contenders?

Reading up on Ball, he seems to be a potentially great fit next to the Young Wolves core. He is basically Rubio with a deadly 3 point range.

It seems that way because Boston has the option to be a contender next year or build through the draft. Can they do both? It will be very hard to do. They are in great position because they have the option to do either or. Trade their top 3 pick for a superstar and contend as soon as next year or be stuck at first/ second round exits and cash in on Nets next two lottery picks, wait out LeBrons prime and have a core that can do real damage in 2020.

They do have a chance at nabbing Gordon Hayward, but will that make them contenders?
Will they really be stuck in first/second round exits? How do we know this will happen...

It just goes along with what I was saying in terms of assessing all of the other teams in the conference. If Boston isn't doing it right, what should they do and how do the other teams stack up compared to what they're building for the future

So what is your assessment of the other teams in the conference in terms of the future? I don't get what you want Boston to do then...

Seems like you're singling out Boston

I really don't care what they do :lol:. It's just funny how they get so hyped when no one can paint a real picture of how they're gonna get over the hump. It's the same how folks were getting horny over all their 'assets' and I'm sitting there confused because the only ones of worth were the nets and the rest were heavily protected

I really don't care what they do
laugh.gif
. It's just funny how they get so hyped when no one can paint a real picture of how they're gonna get over the hump. It's the same how folks were getting horny over all their 'assets' and I'm sitting there confused because the only ones of worth were the nets and the rest were heavily protected
Yeah, I don't get hyped to the extent that I see them as set in stone contenders. I just see them as being a great position and I don't believe they're doing a half *** job in any regard

They're a playoff team with the chance to add a top pick or trade it for something that can further help them build. When I look around the conference I feel Boston is just fine for the future

As much as that seems good on paper, the Wolves have a heck of a long way to go. Especially Wiggins.

Toronto is better right now, but unless they trade for Millsap they could be had as we've seen how bad DD and Kyle struggle in the postseason. Boston has as bright of a future as anyone in the east assuming they turn this pick into something.

Also, just looked at the standing and the Pacers are 5th place. Seems like they've had a rough start but are getting their act together. Anybody watching them closely? :nerd:

Also, just looked at the standing and the Pacers are 5th place. Seems like they've had a rough start but are getting their act together. Anybody watching them closely? :nerd:

I haven't seen a single game but Turner has been a beast in fantasy.

I haven't seen a single game but Turner has been a beast in fantasy.

They are riding a 5 game winning streak. Playing better with Ellis out, maybe they should make a run at a wing. They should be in talks for the trade deadline but you don't hear anything about them.

You'd be wrong his defensive box plus minus this season is 4.3 the highest of his career and just behind Rudy at 4.4, Draymond at 4.7. Harden by comparison is at 1.4. So it's not the only metric. Defensive win shares are similar as well with Russ at 2.0, Gobert at 2.9, Draymond at 2.4. They're pretty much all in the same range the only huge difference I've seen would be in the real box plus minus which does an evaluation per 100 possessions.

I've seen Russ be more disciplined on defense this season because he's had to be especially with no KD or Ibaka back there at room protectors and he's out there with Kanter a lot more as well. Can't afford to gamble as much as he had in the past.
I'll watch more okc games and then revisit this conversation with you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom