Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 nba draft might go down as one of the worst ever. Super early but honestly cant see more than 1-2 all stars here.

Last edited:
Fultz, smith, Jackson

Everyone else

There is a versatile 6'11 Freshman SF/PF playing for FSU right now....who are currently the #9 team in the country.

Very efficient. Great on defense. Can hit the 3ball. Athletic. Crazy upside.

Needs to get stronger and more aggressive. But this guy is the goods. Meet Jon Isaac :pimp:

Tatum looks like he's the goods too. Pulling of NBA moves, playing defense, looks like he's playing against boys out there on some nights.

Fultz, smith, Jackson

Everyone else

There is a versatile 6'11 Freshman SF/PF playing for FSU right now....who are currently the #9 team in the country.

Very efficient. Great on defense. Can hit the 3ball. Athletic. Crazy upside.

Needs to get stronger and more aggressive. But this guy is the goods. Meet Jon Isaac :pimp:

I saw every possession he had like 9 games in. He got to the rack like once in the half court.

He's like a 6-11 Malik monk to me. He's talented for sure but I don't think he's a franchise player.

2016 nba draft might go down as one of the worst ever. Super early but honestly cant see more than 1-2 all stars here.
Ingram should be fine by year 3. By fine I mean 20+ on great splits, fringe all-star stuff. He's just really thin right now.

I think Murray & Chriss are gonna be players too. Then Thon maker is lurking. Then of course there's Simmons.

Dejounte Murray has a ton of a talent & is in a great situation.

They might be one of the worst rookie classes ever, but I'd be stunned if these guys are still trash in year 3-4.

Last edited:
I saw every possession he had like 9 games in. He got to the rack like once in the half court.

He's like a 6-11 Malik monk to me. He's talented for sure but I don't think he's a franchise player.

Very few drafts yeild more than 2 or 3 true franchise players.

Isaac projects to be a high level versatile complimentary star as a ceiling. 2nd or 3rd option on a great team that's very versatile. Perfect for today's NBA.

If you can get that in the 5-15 range. That's WELL worth it.

Wish Fultz could be a Knick [emoji]128549[/emoji][emoji]128549[/emoji][emoji]128549[/emoji][emoji]128549[/emoji]

Very few drafts yeild more than 2 or 3 true franchise players.

Isaac projects to be a high level versatile complimentary star as a ceiling. 2nd or 3rd option on a great team that's very versatile. Perfect for today's NBA.

If you can get that in the 5-15 range. That's WELL worth it.

He's young but he just doesn't do anything enough for me. He should be able to shoot from day 1 but he's not a shot creator, he isn't really scoring in transition and he isn't getting to the rack.

Like i said, everything I saw through him on my first analysis was a tall guy that can shoot. Nothing wrong with it but I don't see him ahead of Tatum or Jackson at the 3. If I need a shooter and he's a available? Of course I'd take him

Last edited:
Celtic rebuild is kinda like Phil and Jeanie's marriage. Yea it's fun and the sex is hot but where is it really going? Biological clock ticking hard

Also best player from this draft class is between Denzel Valentine and marquesse Chris. Gotta check my analytical formula to confirm

Last edited:
Celtic rebuild is kinda like Phil and Jeanie's marriage. Yea it's fun and the sex is hot but where is it really going? Biological clock ticking hard

Also best player from this draft class is between Denzel Valentine and marquesse Chris. Gotta check my analytical formula to confirm

:rofl:

awwsome awwsome :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

I hate the Celtics more than any team, but they are in the best position of any of the teams on the cusp of contending. IT2 and Bradley, their two most important cogs are on the best deals in the league which makes them a factor in free agency as we saw last year and should be the same this coming summer. And the perceive talent and depth in the upcoming draft actually makes the pick this year even more enticing than last year when the consensus was it was just a 2 man draft. Also there's All-Stars that are nearer to the end of their deals that they can use that pick along with a lot of decent pieces (similar to Denver) to get that other star to pair with Zeke and Big Al. Whether it's Boogie on a great contract and/or Gordon in FA.

that chart is super trash and he's always posting it lmao

By every metric Westbrook is having the best season of anyone in the league and one of the best in league history. PER, WS, BPM, whatever you want to do. That chart is pretty self explanatory, the most impactful players on both sides of the ball relative to the team.

By every metric Westbrook is having the best season of anyone in the league and one of the best in league history. PER, WS, BPM, whatever you want to do. That chart is pretty self explanatory, the most impactful players on both sides of the ball relative to the team.
Post the win shares then

so wouldn't players who play with other great players be penalized with that stat then?

Win Shares
1. James Harden • HOU 7.9
2. Kevin Durant • GSW 7.5
3. Jimmy Butler • CHI 7.3
4. Kyle Lowry • TOR 6.5
5. Giannis Antetokounmpo • MIL 6.5
6. Rudy Gobert • UTA 6.5
7. Chris Paul • LAC 6.5
8. Kawhi Leonard • SAS 6.3
9. Russell Westbrook • OKC 6.0
10. Stephen Curry • GSW 5.9
11. LeBron James • CLE 5.7
12. Isaiah Thomas • BOS 5.6
13. Anthony Davis • NOP 5.3
14. DeAndre Jordan • LAC 5.2
15. Kevin Love • CLE 4.7
16. DeMar DeRozan • TOR 4.6
17. Gordon Hayward • UTA 4.6
18. Kemba Walker • CHO 4.6
19. Draymond Green • GSW 4.5
20. DeMarcus Cousins • SAC 4.
In before you find some flawed variable in the computation of Winshares

What I realized about Boston is that they're a rebuilding team disguised as a playoff team. Problem is they're doing a half-*** job of both. As a contender they have shown to have a ceiling of the first round so far. As a rebuild their core is currently Marcus Smart and Jaylen brown. I like Jaylen but that pales in comparison to other young cores. And because of a mix of contracts and age, the contending team's window doesn't match the rebuilding team's.

so wouldn't players who play with other great players be penalized with that stat then?

Why would that be the case is their individual impacts? Would you say that Draymond, Giannis, and Gobert AREN'T having the highest defensive impacts in the league right now? Or that Russ, Beard and Lowry (who has the Raps as one of the best offenses in league history) aren't having similar impacts on the offensive end. It matches up with the eye test and everything else.

And are KD, Bron, Steph, Kawhi, etc. not on the list? It makes sense that the more great players you have the more the value is going to be spread around but their still on there having great impact.

Last edited:
What I realized about Boston is that they're a rebuilding team disguised as a playoff team. Problem is they're doing a half-*** job of both. As a contender they have shown to have a ceiling of the first round so far. As a rebuild their core is currently Marcus Smart and Jaylen brown. I like Jaylen but that pales in comparison to other young cores. And because of a mix of contracts and age, the contending team's window doesn't match the rebuilding team's.

I agree. I think that's what hurt them last year as everyone expected them to make a splash during draft night but they didn't and I think they regret it. They are not good enough now to win anything but can make a splash during the offseason to put them over the top. It might be at the expense of their rebuilding.

The eye test at least from my perspective is that Russ isn't a great defender

Come on bro... this is truly misguided thought...

Why would that be the case is their individual impacts? Would you say that Draymond, Giannis, and Gobert AREN'T having the highest defensive impacts in the league right now? Or that Russ, Beard and Lowry (who has the Raps as one of the best offenses in league history) aren't having similar impacts on the offensive end. It matches up with the eye test and everything else.
[emoji]129300[/emoji] every other defensive stat I looked at doesn't have Russ that high and he's a horrible defender from the eye test so idk....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom