Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
damn I didn't know last night was the first game Utah lost with both Hill and Hayward on the floor together

The advanced numbers on Hill are amazing. :lol:

He's been hurt basically every other game but whenever he's played he's basically been a top 5 PG.

I know it won't hold over the year but that is still insane.

Lakers are what, 4 games from the eight seed? If they can somehow make a run in the 2nd half of season and eek in that spot, Luke gotta be considered for COTY.

Lakers should be tanking without question.

They need that pick considering how messy their cap will get going forward after extensions.

Not to mention the talent at the top of the draft.

Last edited:
Got damn, the Harden riding is outta control now.
laugh.gif
For real. He's looked awesome this year, thanks to DA.

damn I didn't know last night was the first game Utah lost with both Hill and Hayward on the floor together
hayward started the season hurt, and Hill recently came back from injury as well

id be surprised to hear if they even played more than 5-7 games together

Lakers are what, 4 games from the eight seed? If they can somehow make a run in the 2nd half of season and eek in that spot, Luke gotta be considered for COTY.
2 games brotha. 

Harden has been absolutely phenomenal but what he's doing is still not as impressive or individually as elite as Russ.

Like I said yesterday, Russ is having the second greatest offensive year and the best individual year from +/- in history.

He's in that rare space that only MJ and Bron have occupied when it comes to the impact an individual player can make.

Harden is only top 20 in history offensively so far.

Goes to show the talent difference between both teams as well.

Last edited:
Long 2s are the worst shots a player can take. Unsurprisingly, this is what Randy Wittman was teaching Beal to do.

No shocker that he's having a career year under Brooks, who is telling him to shoot it more from 3.

Now imagine how hard it is watching Melo who's out of his prime and still takes the majority of his shots from those awful spots on the floor.

:lol:

Lakers should be tanking without question.

They need that pick considering how messy their cap will get going forward after extensions.

Not to mention the talent at the top of the draft.

View media item 2292531

Nah bruh. We done with that tanking stuff. That's not gonna do these young boys any good.

I've **** on Brooks as a coach probably more than any other coach in the NBA sans Byron Scott but the guy is GREAT with players themselves.

Wall/Beal/Porter have played amazing so far under his guidance.

He's still bad at in game adjustments and finding good rotations but Whitman was bad at everything.

Last edited:
View media item 2292531

Nah bruh. We done with that tanking stuff. That's not gonna do these young boys any good.

Neither will fighting for the 8th seed without a chance to do anything in the playoffs.

Luke just got there and all they've given him is Moz and Deng.

Let him get an elite prospect and really build his own team.

Lakers wanna be peaking in 2018/2019 not trying to overpay more vets this summer and be a 7th/8th seed.

Hardens season > Westbrooks.

I honestly think that a huge factor in all of this is the fact that triple doubles are a coined term and you can just use that to nicely wrap up what Westbrook is doing. I have been way more impressed with Hardens year, but that's not a slight on Westbrook.

As a side note, I looked into what chance Westbrook has for breaking the misses in a season record. He has no chance.

Wilt will own that record forever. 40 shots a game and missed half. Everything about that sentence is impressive to me. 40 shots. Still shooting 50%. 50PPG. He played 48.5 minutes a game that season :lol:

Last edited:
Brooks and his in game adjustments :x Dude scripts the game beforehand and just rides with it. If you look at the 2012 finals, remove all the minutes Perkins played, and we blew them out. In reality, lost 4-1. It was just mind bottling. Like dude are you not watching this ****? Perk comes in, other team goes on a run, sits, we go one. Was that way for his entire tenure.

Thunder just picked up Josh Huestis's option. Presti just does not like to admit he made a mistake.

No point in really talking about records before the 3pt line and modern pace/rules.

That's how people confuse Oscar Robertson being more impressive than Russ when Big O was playing way more possessions per game and Russ numbers per 100 possessions blow him out the water even last year.

hayward started the season hurt, and Hill recently came back from injury as well
id be surprised to hear if they even played more than 5-7 games together

2 games brotha. 

Oh word? I know theyre 1 game back in the win column from Portland but I thought they had 3 more losses than Portland too, shoot...works for me.

I got agree with that nod against tanking though, unless there's somebody in the draft thats worth it. Lets see if Jimmy Buss stays true to his word this year.

I can see Harden's season being more impressive, since winning and efficiency matter. We all knew Russ was going to score, inefficiently so and have high usage, but nobody really expected consistent double digit assists on this team of D Leaguers and outcasts. Serge and KD both had near like a 70% assisted fga rate when they were here. So to go from him to rookies like Abrines, and your 2nd fiddle supposed James Harden Great Value replacement is a guy who was coming off the bench for a bad Orlando team

View media item 2292531

Neither will fighting for the 8th seed without a chance to do anything in the playoffs.

Lakers wanna be peaking in 2018/2019 not trying to overpay more vets this summer and be a 7th/8th seed.

Making the 8th seed will do more than losing on purpose for another season. Can't do that weak **** every year.

Brandon Ingram? ...is showing to be extremely versatile on both ends of the court, he struggled to start the season but hes been playing extremely well the past 10-15 games

d'lo playing consisitently the past 5-6

Randle has showed great improvement from last season

while the length of the deals giving to deng and Moz are 1 year too long, Moz has shown to be a decent piece out there with these young guys

Deng has been... not garbage for a few games

d'lo, ingram, randle, nance, JC, young, zubac

id say he has enough pieces in that core to build off of

plus, with this cba...its easy to keep the players you drafted 

Last edited:
No point in really talking about records before the 3pt line and modern pace/rules.

That's how people confuse Oscar Robertson being more impressive than Russ when Big O was playing way more possessions per game and Russ numbers per 100 possessions blow him out the water even last year.
Oh yeah I know, I just want wanted to see if he's gonna come close. Records being broken in general is fun to see. I had James Harden shattering his own turnover record since the preseason.

We got enough good pieces. Whether they turn out to be superstars we'll see but tanking every damn season is not the move. All you doing is building a culture of losing. Us on the outside are like "hey they should tank get all the high picks!". On the inside that does something to players mindsets. And you still gotta rely on the lottery to fall in your place.

View media item 2292531

Brandon Ingram? ...is showing to be extremely versatile on both ends of the court, he struggled to start the season but hes been playing extremely well the past 10-15 games
d'lo playing consisitently the past 5-6
Randle has showed great improvement from last season

while the length of the deals giving to deng and Moz are 1 year too long, Moz has shown to be a decent piece out there with these young guys
Deng has been... not garbage for a few games

d'lo, ingram, randle, nance, JC, young, zubac

id say he has enough pieces in that core to build off of
plus, with this cba...its easy to keep the players you drafted 

All this. But the major improvement that needs to be done is in management. The players they signed makes no sense and they have had difficulty attracting top talent because of the old school mentality that they have. Hiring Luke Walton was a huge step in the right direction, but will it be enough to get top players?

I have been watching the Lakers a lot recently as I have been betting on them and Ingram is improving. He looks like he isn't scared of contact as much any more and is taking it to the rim and trying to finish. He is also looks like a pretty good play maker as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom