Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
teams need to study this play. This is 2 games in a row that they've run it. did the exact same against brooklyn. Gotta pay attention to their placement on the floor so they can see it manifesting and stop it.
The Lakers run this exact play a few times a game & regularly convert it. It's really genius "design"

calmly jog up the floor, no hard cut, defender turns his head and the high post immediately, yet softly lofts it right in there, defender never sees it coming.

Great great design.

I'm glad Ingram finally looking to be more assertive on the offensive end. If he could just put some weight on, he'd be straight. He may be skinnier than his 2K body....

Found this on Reddit. Little blurb on why Mike Miller, and other vets like him (Artest, etc) are still in the league. Came from Nate Duncan's podcast Dunc'd On:

Speaking of those two guys [Malik Beasley, Hernangomaez] actually, and we'll close on this: people have wondered why a guy like Mike Miller is still in the league, he basically hasn't played all season. And I gotta little window into that very early on; I got to the game [Nuggets @ Warriors on January 2nd] early, about 5 o'clock, for the 7:30 game. And there was a 3 on 3 game - Miller, Beasley, Hernangomez, Alonzo Gee, and then a couple of the Nuggets assistant coaches, I think Steven Graham was one of em... [he's a] former NBA player... and then another guy I didn't recognize. So they're playing 3 on 3 hard; they played for like 45 minutes, I caught the last 20 minutes of it. They had been playing full court for a time, then they had to switch to half court when some of the Warriors players came out to start shooting. Jauncho [Hernangomez] and Beasley were exhausted... and Mike Miller is sill running around, still in great shape, draining 3s for game point in this 3 on 3 game... ya know talking it up all the time, like, Gee is posting up on Beasley, he's got a size advantage, and he [Mike Miller] is telling Beasley "he's going right shoulder, he's going right shoulder." Just yelling, talking, teaching these guys about the game. Being a great vet. Then afterwards these guys are completely exhausted and Mike Miller's like "hey you guys wanna run some sprints with me?" [Nate chuckles] And makes these guys run sprints with him after they're already just like totally out of gas. And, ya know, they weren't gonna play and that's how you keep those guys in shape, keep their skills sharp, teach those guys on the end of the bench to work. And that's why Mike Miller is still around.

Link

After watching the Blazers/ Pistons games I do think that Dame and CJ can co-exist but they would have to step-up their team defense. They have so many bigs but still don't have a defensive anchor. I am not even sure if Ezili will be your full-time answer.

They should make a run at Bogut, Chandler or Noel and should be willing to give up pieces not named CJ or Lillard. Another trade target may be Aaron Gordon for Crabbe + Picks + fillers. Gordon will be able to guard anyone from PG to PF and can cover up some of Dame and CJs deficiencies.

We all know the Magic is not a very well run team with questionable decisions so this just might work. lol

As for the Pistons...Reggie really is a black hole. His game reminds me of the Nuggets in the Iverson/ Melo days. Everything was an iso. He literally plays a two-man game with the pick and roll and only passes it to the others when he loses the dribble. The Pistons will not go anywhere under his leadership.

Not sure why it would change. Rockets are going to shoot enough 3s to keep themselves in every game.

And they have the best playmaker the league has seen since Magic Johnson

Pringles ridding the NBA of those stupid *** long 2's :pimp:

Offensive genius

Long 2s are the worst shots a player can take. Unsurprisingly, this is what Randy Wittman was teaching Beal to do.

No shocker that he's having a career year under Brooks, who is telling him to shoot it more from 3.

Not sure why it would change. Rockets are going to shoot enough 3s to keep themselves in every game.

It might change because good NBA defenses aren't just gonna let you have layups and 3s all day. 7 game series where teams have time to prep against Utah, Memphis, SA, GS, etc won't be so easy.

nerd.gif

This might be a bit much. Can we really say it's Harden or is it more of D'Antoni's system.

damn I didn't know last night was the first game Utah lost with both Hill and Hayward on the floor together

Long 2s are the worst shots a player can take. Unsurprisingly, this is what Randy Wittman was teaching Beal to do.

No shocker that he's having a career year under Brooks, who is telling him to shoot it more from 3.

Now imagine how hard it is watching Melo who's out of his prime and still takes the majority of his shots from those awful spots on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom