Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think I had to. I thought ya'll watched games around here.

Way better defender, more explosive scorer, we've actually seen him play great in the playoffs, better rebounder.

Ya'll stop. :lol:

Gordon is good but nah. Nah.

Back this up with actual facts. You're just "saying" it right now.

And we've seen Dwight Howard lead his team to the damn NBA Finals. Does that mean he's better than Boogie in 2017 because we've seen him play great in the playoffs :nerd:

So it's not a fact that PG is a better defender Hayward? :lol:

Forgot how funny the NBA thread was. :lol: Dudes hyping Gordon Hayward.

Explosive scorer

mjl.gif

If by "explosive" he means....average 28ppg until the beginning of December, while shooting 55%.....

Then shoot 35% and average 18ppg from January to April.

Then yeah. That's "explosive"

:lol:.

Hill on his bicycle 

Tim MacMahonESPN Staff Writer 

George Hill could return as soon as Thursday against the 76ers, according to a league source, confirming a Salt Lake Tribune report. Hill's availability will be determined based on how he feels after a Wednesday workout. He has missed the last 13 games due to a sprained left big toe. The Jazz are 8-3 with Hill, who missed eight games in November due to a sprained right thumb.

Since we're talking similar stats and players...Zach is better than CJ right :nerd: add to the fact that CJ is like 38 already

Paul George still has problems beating his man off the bounce

It's the biggest hole in his game to me

It's why he settles for bad shots and doesn't get to the line enough. He also isn't that good of a ball handler either which only exacerbates this.

I actually think Gordon may be an even better athlete than PG. At least from what I've seen this season.

He playing the batman role when he should be robin.

It's a fact. I said he's a better defender. But not by much.

YOU said. PG13 was a more "explosive scorer" than Hayward in 2016-2017.

I'm asking you to back that up. STILL WAITING

:nerd:

It's a fact. I said he's a better defender. But not by much.

YOU said. PG13 was a more "explosive scorer" than Hayward in 2016-2017.

I'm asking you to back that up. STILL WAITING

:nerd:

It ain't close when it comes to defense. You know that.

As far as scoring we've seen PG go off the playoffs. Have we seen Gordon do a damn thing in the playoffs? :nerd:

Your lil stats is cool but even those don't really say much. Hayward is a nice stat guy but I'm still waiting to see him be better than PG. :nerd:

Come on man, you definitely didn't always think that. You were all aboard the PG > Kawhi train the past couple years, including as recently as this past summer.

Kawhi took that leap this year. This season things have changed with me and kawhi

Kawhi' usage is up and he's making more plays, something I vehemently wanted to see him do before I said KL is better, which he has, from my vantage point.

Last edited:
Since this is stat land

Gordon Hayward playoff #'s 7.3ppg, 18FG%

waaaaayyyy back in 2011. :nerd:

Come on man, you definitely didn't always think that. You were all aboard the PG > Kawhi train the past couple years, including as recently as this past summer.

Kawhi took that leap this year. This season things have changed with me and kawhi

Kawhi' usage is up and he's making more plays, something I vehemently wanted to see him do before I said KL is better, which he has, from my vantage point.

Now Kawhi is better. I was saying PG>Kawhi but Kawhi has SHOWN and PROVED that he's better.

Best player in Texas.

And that's my point.

KL had a lot less responsibility than PG last year, that's true.

SAS have tasked KL with a lot more responsibility with the ball and he's responded. I don't see the big deal in that.

The issue sometimes with "receipts" is that these things are fluid. Things change. Kawhi playing with the ball more, creating more, (from the looks of it) and as a result I say he's better now. Peoples opinion on things change and it's silly to hoard and hold certain opinions for the sake of proving them wrong.

This was about PG and Gordon Hayward anyway :lol:

Last edited:
Since this is stat land

Now Kawhi is better. I was saying PG>Kawhi but Kawhi has SHOWN and PROVED that he's better.

Right, at least to me he has.

Things are fluid. Things change. Last summer was over six months ago, the season is in full swing right now. Kawhi is proving he's the better player (to me) but we gonna stick with something someone said last summer?

What's the rule on player A vs player B arguments? Is it a discussion of their careers or where they are and what they're doing in the present?

I've always considered it as a present discussion.

I try to avoid these kinds of conversations, but Leonard has been better than George for more than this season. Usage alone wasn't giving George the edge to me at any point.

What's the rule on player A vs player B arguments? Is it a discussion of their careers or where they are and what they're doing in the present?

The latter, unless the two players being discussed are in drastically different parts of their career

We can agree to disagree but in my opinion Kawhi was pretty clearly better than PG last year too. And I don't think his leap from last year to this year was all that big. IMO he made a bigger leap the year before.

We can agree to disagree but in my opinion Kawhi was pretty clearly better than PG last year too. And I don't think his leap from last year to this year was all that big. IMO he made a bigger leap the year before.
He was better than George last year for sure.

Yea I'm not agreeing with that Alphabet > Kiwi at all. Kiwi has proven he can be the go to scorer on a contender. Is an elite defender and can be a #1 option. I don't know if same thing can be said about PG or Alphabet and I love both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom