OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Damn, Martell just reaffirmed his commitment last night. The recruiting world is a cruel ***** :lol:

We have to get someone in the 2016 class. We're one hit away from Connor McQueen starting right now.

Murray only blocked from SEC schools and future opponents. The damage caused from blocking him from all Power 5 schools would have been hysterical.

Someone on an Deadspin posted some interesting stuff about Murray's recruiting and situation but I didn't share it before because I don't know how much a rando Deadspin poster knows:

Kyler Murray, on the other hand, has held the football program hostage once already. In the weeks leading up to signing day last year, Kyler (and his former Aggie QB legend father Kevin) visited Texas and flirted with a last minute flip to the horns. This was significant because Sumlin had already passed on one-time Aggie lean Jarrett Stidham, who was already on campus at Baylor as a mid-year enrollee. Supposedly the Murrays used this leverage to get a promise of first year playing time out of Sumlin, which of course led to the Kyle Allen transfer. Now, he and his dad are threatening another transfer, even after his immediate competition has left town and perhaps not so coincidentally right on JUCO signing day, making it more difficult for Sumlin to bolster the depth chart. It could be that the Murrays want some say in the OC hire, or even that Kevin Murray (a private QB coach in DFW) wants to be given the QB coaching job. Regardless, Murray and his Intense Football/Baseball Dad father have been a cancerous presence around the program for almost a year now and it may be for the best that they take their act elsewhere.

Someone on an Deadspin posted some interesting stuff about Murray's recruiting and situation but I didn't share it before because I don't know how much a rando Deadspin poster knows:

Kyler Murray, on the other hand, has held the football program hostage once already. In the weeks leading up to signing day last year, Kyler (and his former Aggie QB legend father Kevin) visited Texas and flirted with a last minute flip to the horns. This was significant because Sumlin had already passed on one-time Aggie lean Jarrett Stidham, who was already on campus at Baylor as a mid-year enrollee. Supposedly the Murrays used this leverage to get a promise of first year playing time out of Sumlin, which of course led to the Kyle Allen transfer. Now, he and his dad are threatening another transfer, even after his immediate competition has left town and perhaps not so coincidentally right on JUCO signing day, making it more difficult for Sumlin to bolster the depth chart. It could be that the Murrays want some say in the OC hire, or even that Kevin Murray (a private QB coach in DFW) wants to be given the QB coaching job. Regardless, Murray and his Intense Football/Baseball Dad father have been a cancerous presence around the program for almost a year now and it may be for the best that they take their act elsewhere.

Sounds like J.D. McCoy's dad from Friday Night Lights :lol:

They need to drop that kid and start recruiting kids that truly want to play for A&M. Get it done the right way and you don't need to deal with this BS.

CWd-N5PWIAATq75.jpg:large

Daddy Murray got those promises because he never rocked with Sumlin. Pops wanted him at Texas with Strong.

Most of the pieces of that story that DS writer wrote he could've gotten from a message board. Stidham was never a Aggie lean. The Murrays only gained that leverage when they told Sumlin if they didn't get what they wanted they were going to Texas. Followed by a domino effect with the recruiting.

Daddy Murray got those promises because he never rocked with Sumlin. Pops wanted him at Texas with Strong.

Most of the pieces of that story that DS writer wrote he could've gotten from a message board. Stidham was never a Aggie lean. The Murrays only gained that leverage when they told Sumlin if they didn't get what they wanted they were going to Texas. Followed by a domino effect with the recruiting.

I'm not so sure about Stidham.

From what I recall, he wanted to be an Aggie, but Sumlin's top priority was getting Murray.

Are either one of those guys good QBs? I'll hang up and listen...
Right now? No, not really. Both have a lot of potential though. I don't think Kyler will end up being the huge loss he's being made out to be if Sumlin can somehow flip Jalen Hurts.

Sumlin gonna sumlin

Someone tell me again what he's done besides their upset of Bama couple seasons ago?
Absolutely nothing. Still coasting off the success of a generational college talent and a great OC.

Early hot seat candidates: Les, Sumlin, Strong, Butch Jones, Holgerson, Stoops, Kingsbury? Helfrich? James Franklin?

That will be wild if Les is again but the way they handled this last debacle it wouldn't shock me. I think Helfrich is fine, they still ended up having a good season given the circumstances.

Butch jones just got a raise. Unfortunately for me he's not going anywhere

For me, Next hear needs to be a 10+ win season cb the talent is there

Back
Top Bottom