OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

@Ecook0808
if you or anyone else (@00david00
@ooIRON MANoo
@JUS3
?) want to speculate...

Ryan Abraham - the lead USC scout guy and one of the SC writers i trust the most - confirmed what Cowherd had been saying about SC coming to an agreement with a big name coach. He went a little further to imply it was a college coach ("He was all in, all they had to do was wait one more week") and that they had kept it under wraps because he was already coaching another successful program. He wouldn't name the coach though, because it'd be outing them to their fanbase.  He's now the 4th SC reporter to essentially cosign what Cowherd said.

It's a moot point, but with no football to talk about could be interesting to try to figure out who it is.

Considering the Big 12 season ended on December 5, could have been Gary Patterson, as he was linked to the job in the past. Likely eliminates any NFL coaches except for those on losing teams, but could also mean Herman (or another coach in a championship game) was still quietly in play.

He also added, people confirmed Haden had made his mind up weeks earlier and several boosters (I think Cook can confirm) were in on hiring Helton for the continuity and stability and jumped the gun before they'd be pressured to make the bigger hire and catch flak from not doing that - see Sark over Jack Del Rio.

I'm so curious...
Based on what Cowherd was saying I don't think it'd be Patrerson but that's just me.

One thing people need to remember, especially with CFB recruiting/coaching carousels, is that what's true today isn't always true tomorrow. Doesn't mean somebody was full of ****, just means the situation changed.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: BREAKING #Kentucky OC Shannon Dawson is out as OC, he tells @FOXSports. Philosophically things weren’t working out.

@davebiddle: ICYMI, Chris Ash will coach in the Fiesta Bowl for OSU, but Greg Schiano will not (Schiano already recruiting & is on campus). #Buckeyes

-Either at the meeting or between that meeting and practice, Murray was told to go home and think about transferring. The thought process was supposed to include a warning that if Murray transferred he would be blocked from transferring to any Power 5 school. In addition, junior college baseball coaches were told that Murray would not be transferring for baseball, that he would be seeking a transfer to play football and baseball.
-Sumlin conceded every point that he could….Murray could play baseball in the spring, he would start the bowl game, and also have first dibs on the quarterback spot for 2016 no matter who was brought in during the interim. Murray would start the bowl game and then they would sit down and talk next semester about any new offensive system.

-Apparently Kyler Murray and Kevin Murray talked again last night and as of this morning it appears that Murray still intends to transfer. Much like the parents of Kyle Allen, the Murrays are not in Sumlin’s corner.

-Either at the meeting or between that meeting and practice, Murray was told to go home and think about transferring. The thought process was supposed to include a warning that if Murray transferred he would be blocked from transferring to any Power 5 school. In addition, junior college baseball coaches were told that Murray would not be transferring for baseball, that he would be seeking a transfer to play football and baseball.
-Sumlin conceded every point that he could….Murray could play baseball in the spring, he would start the bowl game, and also have first dibs on the quarterback spot for 2016 no matter who was brought in during the interim. Murray would start the bowl game and then they would sit down and talk next semester about any new offensive system.

-Apparently Kyler Murray and Kevin Murray talked again last night and as of this morning it appears that Murray still intends to transfer. Much like the parents of Kyle Allen, the Murrays are not in Sumlin’s corner.
This right here is everything that is wrong about College football.  The fact that he cannot transfer to where he wants is ridiculous.  I hate college football at times.  

This right here is everything that is wrong about College football.  The fact that he cannot transfer to where he wants is ridiculous.  I hate college football at times.  
Eh. If I was him I'd transfer where I wanted and dare TAMU to do something about it. I'd like to see the recruiting death knell, them blocking him from playing in a Power 5 out of spite would be to the program. It'd probably have the same outcome for Sumlin for at least the following year or two. No top QB would want to be near him.

Eh. If I was him I'd transfer where I wanted and dare TAMU to do something about it. I'd like to see the recruiting death knell, them blocking him from playing in a Power 5 out of spite would be to the program. It'd probably have the same outcome for Sumlin for at least the following year or two. No top QB would want to be near him.

This is how college football works though. Once you sign that letter of intent, they can bury you as much as they would like. The players are powerless.

Not when it gets out and the media gets involved.  Blocking future opponents is one thing. Blocking any major D1 program is another. Especially now that it's out how Sumlin and coaches treated Kyle and lied to Kyler?

If the go thrugh with that they'll be lucky if they pull another top flight QB ever again.

It's an empty threat to scare the kid into staying.  If A&M actually went through with it, it would be a major PR black eye for the program, which is one of the last things Sumlin needs right now. 

If Kyler does end up transferring, all A&M will probably do is block him from any future opponents and UT.

Billy Liucci ‏@billyliucci  3m3 minutes ago
BREAKING: I have confirmed that freshman quarterback Kyler Murray has requested a transfer from Texas A&M and that the decision is 'final.'

Scout dudes saying Tate Martell no longer solid on his commitment and may flip to USC. Wow.

It's just nice to not be on the ship staring at the iceberg for once.

And now 247 countering with his article saying he may graduate early and enroll in 2016?? What the hell is going on?

http://tamu.247sports.com/Bolt/Developing-Tate-Martell-to-the-rescue-this-summer--42083067

EDIT

NVM I guess Martell shut that **** down. His folks prob smacked him :lol:

Weird cuz according to 247 guys twitters Martell's the one who asked for the early graduation info to be public, prob to steady the A&M ship. Then I'm guessing someone pointed out that Sumlin may not be there by the end of '16.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom