OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

@Ecook0808 if you or anyone else (@00david00 @ooIRON MANoo @JUS3 ?) want to speculate...

Ryan Abraham - the lead USC scout guy and one of the SC writers i trust the most - confirmed what Cowherd had been saying about SC coming to an agreement with a big name coach. He went a little further to imply it was a college coach ("He was all in, all they had to do was wait one more week") and that they had kept it under wraps because he was already coaching another successful program. He wouldn't name the coach though, because it'd be outing them to their fanbase.  He's now the 4th SC reporter to essentially cosign what Cowherd said.

It's a moot point, but with no football to talk about could be interesting to try to figure out who it is.

Considering the Big 12 season ended on December 5, could have been Gary Patterson, as he was linked to the job in the past. Likely eliminates any NFL coaches except for those on losing teams, but could also mean Herman (or another coach in a championship game) was still quietly in play.

He also added, people confirmed Haden had made his mind up weeks earlier and several boosters (I think Cook can confirm) were in on hiring Helton for the continuity and stability and jumped the gun before they'd be pressured to make the bigger hire and catch flak from not doing that - see Sark over Jack Del Rio.

Last edited:
Nice pickup for UM.

Once he sheds some of that excess weight and gets into a elite S&C program he should be very productive in the B10, probably early in his career if he puts in the work (which I have no reason to believe he won't)

UCLA OC Noel Mazzone hospitalized with a pulmonary embolism (DVT blood clot that moved to the heart)

hmm I wonder who it was
nerd.gif

Despite the departure of Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray, indications are strong that Kyle Field plans to remain in College Station.

— RedditCFB (@RedditCFB

Back
Top Bottom