OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

4 will always leave one of the 5 power conference teams out. Fairly or unfairly, but one will always be left out no matter what.

Most excited non playoff game I'm looking forward to is probably that FSU-Houston game.

Seeing as the system is only 2 years in I think it's more than fine right now. The conference championships have served as play in games before no need to expand the field so teams. It's almost punishing the teams like Iowa/Mich St. who have to play that extra game while tOSU gets to get in having basically beat one team of significance all year. 
This

The only real gripe I have with the system right now is the use of bowl sites for playoff games.  When it expands hopefully they will completely dissociate it from the bowls. 

When the Big XII dissolves, I'd be fine with 6 teams with 4 auto-bids for the P4, but until then 4 is fine. 

Last edited:
Thank tradition. :lol:

...and don't mind the Rose Bowl not budging when it doesn't host a semi-final game.

Rose Bowl has been a part of New Years Day festivities in Los Angeles/SoCal since 1916 (first game was actually 1902). Rose Parade followed by the Rose Bowl game. I don't even think the CFP even suggested hanging the date, they would've got laughed out of the meeting room.

Delaney and Scott didn't have anything to do with it.

Last edited:
UGA better come through with the duffle bags so UF is starting Treon again next year.

Kirby already 'cruitin, visited our EE Left Tackle, spoke with Mecole Hardman (that's for Gunna), spoken to Eason and on a flight to visit him tomorrow.

For whoever asked, Kirby gonna coach through the playoffs, he'll be back at Bama in 7-10 days

Miami fans- one thing y'all gonna hate about Richt, well 3 things...

1. It's Scheme > Personnel with him. He's not adjusting the playbook to get guys on the field...
2. Somebody on the team gonna be on the field that should not be on the field period [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128555[/emoji]
3. He plays for FGs.
Richt and Pruitt in Miami gonna put the ACC on notice
ATTENTION ACC: Here comes Forever 9-3!!!
You kinda sound like. A bitter ex

CVmV_tFVEAA0pyR.jpg:large

Keely Eure@keelyismyname 41m41 minutes ago

Adoree' was looking at his phone and didn't realize I was starting the interview... His reaction is priceless
1f602.png

All assistant coaches but Nansen, Tee, Tui, and Sirmon were let go.

Rose Bowl should be cut out of hosting any semis or Natty titles if they're so worried about tradition. Doubt they'll see much if any ratings dip, if they're not 800 commercials maybe the 2nd game is done before midnight. But west coast for the win no plans affected here.

That's not going to happen :lol:

The crazy part is that the Rose Bowl doesn't even care, they just want their Pac 12 vs Big Ten matchup. They almost bowed out of the CFP.

They need a west coast bowl site... drum roll... Rose Bowl. Name carries weight.

Last edited:
So back to back years of all Nike schools getting in huh? And they have there promos and banners on there sites up right away right after the standings come out.

That's not going to happen :lol:

The crazy part is that the Rose Bowl doesn't even care, they just want their Pac 12 vs Big Ten matchup. They almost bowed out of the CFP.

They need a west coast bowl site... drum roll... Rose Bowl. Name carries weight.

I guess. But I say let them have their Big v Pac matchup. Levis is on the West Coast and they they'll be building that new stadium in Hollywood Park soon enough.

Thank tradition.
laugh.gif

...and don't mind the Rose Bowl not budging when it doesn't host a semi-final game.

Rose Bowl has been a part of New Years Day festivities in Los Angeles/SoCal since 1916 (first game was actually 1902). Rose Parade followed by the Rose Bowl game. I don't even think the CFP even suggested hanging the date, they would've got laughed out of the meeting room.

Delaney and Scott didn't have anything to do with it.
Money > tradition 

If the CFP would have actually pushed the issue, the RB would have budged, just like they did with the BCS, and just like they do with the NFL.  The game on its own would struggle mightily going H2H with a semi-final.

They can still have their little parade on NYD, while playing the game on another day, just like they did in 02 and 06. 

You cant move the Rose Bowl from New Years my sonz, also yes, protect the B1G v Pac 12 in the Rose Bowl. But hey I'm a midwestern guy so Im proudly biased :smokin

Its the grandaddy of em all, there will never be struggle for da Rose Bowl

Last edited:
Money > tradition 

If the CFP would have actually pushed the issue, the RB would have budged, just like they did with the BCS, and just like they do with the NFL.  The game on its own would struggle mightily going H2H with a semi-final.

They can still have their little parade on NYD, while playing the game on another day, just like they did in 02 and 06. 

The Rose bowl has budged on the traditional pac 12/B1G matchup and pushed the date. However, having it in December. Won't happen. Little parade, :lol:. This generation man.

Along with the Thanksgiving Parade in NY, the biggest parades in America.

Back
Top Bottom