OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Where are you seeing that Butch reached out to Harbaugh?

And Greg Mattison is 66. Butch is younger than him.

I don't want Mattison to get the job either.

He's good as the DL coach.

@CP1708 It's clearly a life is bigger than football type of statement, sheesh.

:lol: Yeah, that statement shows that Richt genuinely cares for his players on a personal level. Other coaches might take a more business-minded approach with their kids: you help me win, I'll help you get to the next level. Richt clearly sees his relationships with these kids as more than that.

And his forever 9-3 record reflects that very thing. With unlimited resources in Georgia, and the entire state all to himself.

That **** ain't gonna fly with St and Gaytors in state cuttin his numbers and Miami's pocket books not willing to match what Georgia allowed.

He came up short, always, with the entire state and money to burn, now he won't have either of those luxuries, what you think gonna happen?

9-3, 10-2 year after year. Only that because it's not the SEC at least. But he'll be beaten by the FSU's and Clemson's of the world, annually.

He's an upgrade over Al. He's an upgrade over Randy. I clearly get that. We won't lose 58-0 at home anymore, noted, but he isn't going to add to the Five we got, and that's what it's about, not his relationship with kids 20 years down the line. I don't give a damn how players feel about Coker today, I care that they won the Title (and were robbed of another). I don't give a damn if Geno calls Erickson over the holidays, who ****** cares? I care/remember they won a dusty ring.

What's Butch like to run coverage wise?

Honestly with the personnel on this roster right now, running a 4-3 over wouldn't be the worst idea.   

:rofl: at georgia having unlimited resources . there's 6 teams alone in that conference that spend more money than georgia

richt literally got in trouble with the ncaa for paying assistants out of his own pocket

http://espn.go.com/colleges/georgia...-mark-richt-paid-staff-own-pocket-report-says

And as far as having to compete with the seminoles and gators for recruits . My understanding is he's been battling the gators , clemson , tennessee ,florida state, auburn,lsu, miami, oklahoma, texas, alabama etc for top recruits his whole tenure at georgia

Last edited:
In CP's defense people need to pick one or the other: we can't keep calling Georgia a top 10 job then talking about how bad the resources and administration etc etc are when it suits our argument.

Also it's my birthday and this is the only thread I post in.

Shower me with adulation and tell me how great my Trojans are.

Also it's my birthday and this is the only thread I post in.

Shower me with adulation and tell me how great my Trojans are.

Happy Birthday! I don't actually hate USC, I just enjoy trolling your fans. Have a good one my man!

He better bring his verbal A-game to this presser. Because any sign of weakness or lack of ambition in his word choice probably indicates that he isn't the right man for the job.

Lebatard raised this scenario with Butch, but now I wonder it about Richt.

What are the chances he only plans on coaching for about 5-7 or so more years and uses that time to groom his successor, slash UM's future lifetime coach?

Is there anyone on the staff currently or he may be bringing that could fit that role? Assuming that's even a possibility. (I know Richt is a young man, but he did express a desire to chill and hang with the fam, so maybe he isn't one of those dudes who plans to coach until he's 70.)

Last edited:
He couldn't put that in place until he's 2-3 years away from retiring. If that becomes "known" early and Miami is having success you know a college will come along throwing a nice chunk of money to get him to leave.

But hell that could happen before that was ever made known.

Coaches get fired too often these days because of this "instant gratification" era that we're in. Kinda correlates with social media booming. Weird.

Also happy birthday, Nako. May USC win this Saturday :pimp: no troll

I was rooting for USC against Iowa years byke

Edit: still elated over this hire and I haven't been this excited since the Miami recruiting class with Willie Williams and Lance Leggett :smh:

Last edited:
ECU fired Ruffin today.

What a ****** program.

Ruffin put them boys back in business. All the injuries this year and his 1st season under 6 wins. GET THE PIRATES THE **** OUTTA HERE

Last edited:
ECU gonna fire Ruffin to try and land Riley and have Riley pass them up for another job.

Hope this happens.

And for whatever reason, Mizzou's new HC is not gonna retain Craig Kuligowski

Back
Top Bottom