OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

I'm good with keeping Beard and Baez and Darrow.

Baez and Darrow know the recruiting down here and are on the operations side of football.

Beard took the WR's to a whole new level and his connections down here as well.

Everybody else can be gone.

I will ask this though...

Is this a home run hire?

Or the assumption is any competent coaching staff would win the conference with that roster and you think Richt will def provide a competent coaching staff?

Cuz if he brings Schotty... 8-4 is about what you'd get.
He's 114-51 coaching in the SEC. It's definitely a home run hire. Administration has committed to paying big money for assistants. And he's stated that he wants to get back to coaching the QB/calling plays. All good things, IMO.

Listening to Lebatard talk about the UM situation this morning... He really isn't too hot on Richt.  He would prefer a Butch / Chud combo.  His main point is that Richt really hasn't done anything with the talent that was available to him.  

Jimbo is good ..I don't think Dabo is lighting the world on fire though

Dabo is a Bama but he is smart enough to have great offensive and defensive coaches to surround him and over and the years has meddled less and less + Created a hell of a culture @ Clemson.

Has developed into a good coach IMO

Listening to Lebatard talk about the UM situation this morning... He really isn't too hot on Richt.  He would prefer a Butch / Chud combo.  His main point is that Richt really hasn't done anything with the talent that was available to him.  
He gets to go to an easier conference and battles FSU/Clemson. I'm a HUGE LeBatard fan but I don't really trust him with college football. He admits that he barely watches college games.

Great hire by Miami, I think they will do really well under Richt. I know a lot of people put the underachiever tag on him but he's a solid coach and "safe" hires are not always a bad thing. Especially when you're trying to right the ship.

I'm not going to be one of those Miami fans that talks about Miami being back, but I will say Richt is the first solid coach the program has had since Butch left. Coker was terrible, RS was dumpster fire and Alfred was a joke.:smh:

Miami about to become the next 9-3 forever.
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom