OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

I will ask this though...

Is this a home run hire?

Or the assumption is any competent coaching staff would win the conference with that roster and you think Richt will def provide a competent coaching staff?

Cuz if he brings Schotty... 8-4 is about what you'd get.
He's 114-51 coaching in the SEC. It's definitely a home run hire. Administration has committed to paying big money for assistants. And he's stated that he wants to get back to coaching the QB/calling plays. All good things, IMO.
So he has a 69% wn percentage? That's a home run hire?

I like Richt. I think he's a great coach, I really do. But considering what he accomplished at Georgia, and the similar challenges he's probably gonna face at Miami, isn't it fair to say we've probably seen his ceiling in this kind of program?

9 with the occasional 10 wins isn't a bad ceiling. Most programs will take that right now if you offer it to them. But Miami fans are championship or bust. You'll almost certainly be very good consistently, but will you be patient during the repeated 8-9 win seasons?

McCloud back soon 
pimp.gif

Bruce not going anywhere, and maybe Binjimen Victor too (even though I think he's a little overhyped).

This is a great day for our program Canes Gang (+@10508 Cardo Jr Ln). This could mark the start of the long awaited turn around. Feel bad for my guy Butch, but Richt seems to make more sense right now. Lastly, my avy is now pointless so I'm in the market for a new one, help me out fambz :nerd:

[emoji]128580[/emoji]

wrong fan base to be critical of another schools hire
I asked a reasonable question and wanted a reasonable answer from the fans in here. It's a CFB thread. If you want to start trolling and get critical we could do that.

Ishmael & Estime have the athleticism to be very good in that offense, but Cuse will have to have the triggerman to make that offense go

[emoji]128580[/emoji]

wrong fan base to be critical of another schools hire
I asked a reasonable question and wanted a reasonable answer from the fans in here. It's a CFB thread. If you want to start trolling and get critical we could do that.
laugh.gif

pretty defensive over a reasonable question eh but carry along
Hush child. Play that juvenile **** over there.

Back to my question to the Miami fans, if someone said 10 wins and always being competitive is the ceiling, would you still take Richt over say... Herman, considering we dont know what he is yet?

Last edited:
'Cuse is in the ACC, so they for sure need a legit QB. I think Babers would kill against AAC teams though. Unfortunately it'll take time to get his system up and running.

Last edited:
You know the answer bro. Hell no they won't be happy with 9-10 wins. Sure it's a step, but if they're getting beat by FSU every year, cats are gonna be pissed!

we've won 9 games twice since 07 :lol:

Consistent 9-10 wins will at the very least stabilize the program which was on the brink of purgatory . I don't see how anybody wouldn't like the hire

we've won 9 games twice since 07
laugh.gif

Consistent 9-10 wins will at the very least stabilize the program which was on the brink of purgatory . I don't see how anybody wouldn't like the hire
exactly
laugh.gif

**** question

Last edited:
we've won 9 games twice since 07 :lol:

I didn't ask if you liked the hire and I didn't say stability is a bad thing.

I asked does stability and a Peach Bowl or Russell Athletic Bowl as a ceiling, a home run hire make.

I'm also asking, given the choice would you prefer Richt or a coach like Herman?

Yeah this hire is a home run. Best coach on the market to a team that has had Golden Shannon and Coker as its last 3 :x

Regardless of the Herman hype he's an unknown. Miami can't take the risk ( albeit a small one ) of hiring another dud

Back
Top Bottom