OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

we've won 9 games twice since 07
laugh.gif

Consistent 9-10 wins will at the very least stabilize the program which was on the brink of purgatory . I don't see how anybody wouldn't like the hire
I didn't ask if you liked the hire and I didn't say stability is a bad thing.

I asked does stability and a Peach Bowl or Russell Athletic Bowl as a ceiling, a home run hire make.

I'm also asking, given the choice would you prefer Richt or a coach like Herman?
and I'm the one trolling. Flip that question around about your new coach.

Herman was a nice OC for Ohio St and did a hell of a job this year in Houston but it isn't guaranteed he could've came into Miami and fixed ****.

Miami desperately needed someone proven and experienced in the head coaching department. No time for anymore experiments

I'm not sure if fans see a Russell Athletic Bowl as a ceiling here.

He had a .740 winning percentage while coaching in the SEC, and was the 5th best amongst active coaches. He was winning 9-10 games regularly in the SEC. Yes, I'll take him over Herman. I don't think that there's really any question in that equation. He has pedigree, is an alum, and provides instant credibility to a program who's last 2 coaches were Randy Shannon and Al Golden.

I'm just not sure what you're getting at with your question.

Last edited:

I will ask this though...

Is this a home run hire?

Or the assumption is any competent coaching staff would win the conference with that roster and you think Richt will def provide a competent coaching staff?

Cuz if he brings Schotty... 8-4 is about what you'd get.
He's 114-51 coaching in the SEC. It's definitely a home run hire. Administration has committed to paying big money for assistants. And he's stated that he wants to get back to coaching the QB/calling plays. All good things, IMO.

So he has a 69% wn percentage? That's a home run hire?

I like Richt. I think he's a great coach, I really do. But considering what he accomplished at Georgia, and the similar challenges he's probably gonna face at Miami, isn't it fair to say we've probably seen his ceiling in this kind of program?

9 with the occasional 10 wins isn't a bad ceiling. Most programs will take that right now if you offer it to them. But Miami fans are championship or bust. You'll almost certainly be very good consistently, but will you be patient during the repeated 8-9 win seasons?

Here's the thing they're not telling you...Richt hasn't called plays or been as hands on coaching as he'd like, that's why he said what he said about coaching/play-calling. Our POS AD moved Richt into what they called "more of a CEO" role. I mean why would Richt have to hire a million dollar NFL OC/QB coach (Schotty) after Bobo left when that's what Richt does..and what he groomed Bobo to be? Yes he has input and is in all the meetings etc, but they took away a lot of his coaching duties in the last contract, that's why he didn't sign the new extension last year...fine print.

If Eason goes to Miami, he'll win a Heisman.

Last edited:
Don't really need one, Eason is a god & the fact that's he's @ UGA puts him in Heisman & Natty Champ contention automatically

Didn't know Smart plucked Cochran from
Bama to join him. That's big if true

Ishmael & Estime have the athleticism to be very good in that offense, but Cuse will have to have the triggerman to make that offense go
He'd only have him for a season, but he might be able to bring BGSU's QB with him. 

Tedford resigned from his CFL job, so he could pursue college opportunities.

Last edited:
you USC guys know if helton is going to bring his brother on? wouldnt mind him coming back to Hawaii.

you USC guys know if helton is going to bring his brother on? wouldnt mind him coming back to Hawaii.

Possibly, I've seen his name brought up a few times. Nothing credible out as far as staff changes so far, though.

Clay did emphasize that he wants to go back to the traditional USC offense of a dominant run game. From what I read that's not exactly a fit, but I don't really know Tyson's expertise and have not watched a second of WKU.

Possibly, I've seen his name brought up a few times. Nothing credible out as far as staff changes so far, though.

Clay did emphasize that he wants to go back to the traditional USC offense of a dominant run game. From what I read that's not exactly a fit, but I don't really know Tyson's expertise and have not watched a second of WKU.
Tyson runs a run to throw spread. Basically what Baylor does - run to set up deep shots - and Clay and Sark wanted to institute at SC. From what I've heard about his brother over the course of the season, people think his ultimate goal is to have a power 5 team that can run something like what Herman did at tO$U which is a power spread. 2014 CFP Ohio State's offense would be a great fit at SC (except for the weird obsession the older fans have with lining up a full back.)

But who knows. None of these comments ever come from the actual coaches themselves. Except Herman (see his Solid Verbal interview from last summer.)

Last edited:
Don't really need one, Eason is a god & the fact that's he's @ UGA puts him in Heisman & Natty Champ contention automatically

Didn't know Smart plucked Cochran from
Bama to join him. That's big if true

The fact that Richt coached 2 Heisman winners and a #1 Pick is wh----ahh forget it, Semitroll Dre

Tyson runs a run to throw spread. Basically what Baylor does - run to set up deep shots - and Clay and Sark wanted to institute at SC. From what I've heard about his brother over the course of the season, people think his ultimate goal is to have a power 5 team that can run something like what Herman did at tO$U which is a power spread. 2014 CFP Ohio State's offense would be a great fit at SC (except for the weird obsession the older fans have with lining up a full back.)

But who knows. None of these comments ever come from the actual coaches themselves. Except Herman (see his Solid Verbal interview from last summer.)

I would love to see that style adopted here. I know you've seen those "why aren't we recruiting more fullbacks?!?!?" posts every couple of weeks :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom