OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

I like Kiffin he's a pretty good OC. He was always gonna get another look if he did well at Alabama, same with Muschamp.

Those guys may not get another look at a blue blood job but maybe they can do better at 2nd or 3rd tier jobs.

I like Kiffin he's a pretty good OC. He was always gonna get another look if he did well at Alabama, same with Muschamp.

Those guys may not get another look at a blue blood job but maybe they can do better at 2nd or 3rd tier jobs.

Kiffin would probably kill at Miami with the right staff.

He's an elite recruiter and when he's not focused on trying to win his favorite players awards he's a great OC.

When people say "after Tennessee and USC" they forget he didn't have a bad first year at UTk (admittedly it wasn't special at all) and he won 10 games, a division title, and navigated SC through a death penalty that would have killed almost any other program.

Kiffin is a good coach, and by all implications his stint of unemployment and working under Saban has humbled him. He's not ready to run a blue blood program, but at Maryland, Virginia, UCF, etc. He'd be great for them.

Last edited:
Kiffin at UCF would be a problem
sick.gif

still can't believe they went 0-12
mean.gif
....never seen a program on the rise tank so hard

so is he still a "weenie" now that the school has ask the campus police to look into why they harassed the kid over seats and his credentials?

I was wrong to bring this convo topic into CFB chat. I'll admit I jumped to conclusions. I guess what I had issue with was that an experience like this could happen anywhere and that it's something kind of out of control of the coaching staff. While I personally think that there are a lot of things recruits can and should take into considerations, I recognize that that is only my perspective and opinion.

My intentions were not to derail the conversation or marginalize anyone's experiences, including the recruit or anyone in the NT fam. I'll be accountable for what I said and take the L on that one. Lesson learned.

Carry on.

About Chip Kelly and all the USC stuff...

I think all that chatter about former SC players not liking playing for him in Philly... does this surprise anyone? Chip likely recruited a lot of those players at Oregon and they chose to go to USC. If they didn't like him then, makes sense they wouldn't like him now. Why not ask some Oregon players who played for him and see what they think? Some will say they think he's an ***, but I'd be willing to bet that most would have positive things to say about playing for Chip.

I've said it before though... Chip Kelly is not coming back to CFB anytime soon (or ever, if he had his way). Chip is all about football 24/7, 365. Too much schmoozing in CFB for Chip. He hates recruiting and hates catering to donors so that they're happy. He didn't like dealing with Oregon donors (outside of Phil of course)... Imagine him being at a place like USC where there's 100x more the donor ego inflation required :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiffin would probably kill at Miami with the right staff.

He's an elite recruiter and when he's not focused on trying to win his favorite players awards he's a great OC.

When people say "after Tennessee and USC" they forget he didn't have a bad first year at UTk (admittedly it wasn't special at all) and he won 10 games, a division title, and navigated SC through a death penalty that would have killed almost any other program.

Kiffin is a good coach, and by all implications his stint of unemployment and working under Saban has humbled him. He's not ready to run a blue blood program, but at Maryland, Virginia, UCF, etc. He'd be great for them.

Is kiffen actually a elite recruiter? There was a post a while back on here talking about USC in the Pete days, and it pretty much said Pete was awesome, sark was the guy who tried to be like Pete but failed... But many people liked him, and kiffen was the genius behind the offense. However, most of the players disliked him and thought he was a bit weird. The article said that kiffen didn't have the social skills necessary to connect with the kids, but sark knew exactly how to explain the game plans and connect with the students.

Last edited:
There is truth to that concerning Kiffin and his personality. A lot of his downfall was due to personality and professional skills. With that said, he did a good job recruiting under heavy sanctions here. Some will argue that this was more due to his staff, but another thing about Kiffin was he got good assistants. His problem was micro-managing, alienating, and in turn losing some of them (why K Polamalu is with UCLA now, for example). Time will tell if he grew out of those habits since then.

Compared to Sark, Kiffin was able to get a much better staff in place. The two stand outs on our staff from Sark (Helton and Tee) were both retained from Kiffin.

so is he still a "weenie" now that the school has ask the campus police to look into why they harassed the kid over seats and his credentials?
I was wrong to bring this convo topic into CFB chat. I'll admit I jumped to conclusions. I guess what I had issue with was that an experience like this could happen anywhere and that it's something kind of out of control of the coaching staff. While I personally think that there are a lot of things recruits can and should take into considerations, I recognize that that is only my perspective and opinion.

My intentions were not to derail the conversation or marginalize anyone's experiences, including the recruit or anyone in the NT fam. I'll be accountable for what I said and take the L on that one. Lesson learned.

Carry on.

Respect.

One of the more mature replies I've seen on this site regarding things of this nature.

edit: I wouldn't mind seeing Kiffin running another program again. Being under Saban can't be anything but a good thing because he doesn't enable ****

Last edited:
If its butch hire the Savage already and let him start recruiting and put his staff together. Stop wasting time

Last edited:
If hired, Butch Davis should personally write Billy Corben a thank you letter. The #BBB movement really took steam after the U Pt. 2 came out.

Before that 30 for 30 came out, I would say on here that Butch should get a second shot at the U and dudes would laugh at me.

Last edited:
Are they trying to setup a richt interview or something ? If not hand this man the job already and let him hit the recruiting trail .

If hired, Butch Davis should personally write Billy Corben a thank you letter. The #BBB movement really took steam after the U Pt. 2 came out.

Before that 30 for 30 came out, I would say on here that Butch should get a second shot at the U and dudes would laugh at me.
I didn't. I also said it. matter a fact check my avys lol I think I had a BBB pic even before you :lol:

Last edited:
I thought that there was no shot at Butch based on what happened at UNC. Clearly, all that changed after he was cleared of any wrongdoing there.

Back
Top Bottom