OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

I told you, my boy (starter on defense) straight up told me, don't come to homecoming and don't bring the old heads. Smh

Smh smh smh

^seriously, it's a damn shame the state of UCF football right now. It's like Pres. Hitt had no transition plan after AD Stansbury left for Oregon St. except to allow Oleary become AD and groom his supposed successor in Key. :smh:

CVFdgh2WEAAs-cP.jpg:large

Navy's helmets for the game against Army. :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

10 yes ago. Don't know why but I got a feeling Smart is going to be Muschamp like for UGA which is great for my team so I'll be ecstatic.

Smart chances are to be more like the Jimbo of Georgia then the Muschamp

The hot rumor from 24/7 ("multiple sources") is Dino Barbers (Bowling Green) will be the next HC at UCF.

mean.gif
hope it's not true.

I am still hoping for Geoff Collins, but there could still be a chance with UCF interviewing him this past weekend.
hope my dude Dino ends up in a good spot. was supposed to be the hire but we got Norm Chow instead. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
:lol: @ the shine wearing off of Herman and Fuente after they started losing games. Herman lost one game where his starting QB was injured (and won the game before that with the backup QB). As soon as Ward was back they went right back to hanging 56 on Navy.

Fuente was my second choice but I'm very happy to have him. Personally I don't think taking over a team like USC is as difficult as building a program from the ground up who won 5 games total in the 3 years before you got there :lol: But if y'all feel better about Helton than Fuente we'll be happy to take him.

100% feel better about Helton than Fuente. I think he's a better coach. I wanted nothing to do with Fuente.

I like Herman more than Helton, but for better or worse, we know what Helton is right now as a coach/teacher/coordinator/recruiter in a P5. We don't know what Herman would look like against actual competition so I understand the hesitance to hire him when you already have a "bright young OC" in house who everyone loves.

Shrug. If it wasn't Harbaugh I'd have taken Herman. But I'm not mad about Helton like I was Sark. He's a good coach who makes half time adjustments and gameplans well. I just don't know that he's a coach who can win a national championship. 

Whatever, I'll give him time to get his staff in place before I light my torch and grab my pitchfork.

Last edited:
:lol: After weeks of you USC fans sticking your chests out, telling all us plebeians that our candidates are beneath the prestigious University of Southern California, you guys hire the interim HC. FOH, y'all ain't ****

The most telling aspect of what Maurice Clarett did to you, is that an admitted joke that any other fan base would have brushed off led to all 11 of you dudes riding in here, like you'd each been @'d personally, and a 4 page flame war that you're still bringing up 2-3 weeks later on some personally offended **** like anyone even addressed your team.

And all that because the idea of what I said triggered you. Your whole fan base a bunch of battered spouses. Ohio State and Randy Shannon left you with PTSD.

Last edited:
The battle for mediocrity heats back up...right after the commercial break

@RTD_MikeBarber: Crazy story. #Hokies DC Bud Foster traveled to meet Justin Fuente last week but wasn't told Fuente's identity until he was halfway there.

Did Herman not coach at OSU previously? We know how he looks at a P5 doing all of those things that you mentioned. I get that Helton has done it for USC for a few games already, but doesn't change the fact that Herman did it as well. *shrugs* Best of luck to SC, but the risks here are obvious. Reporters on Twitter had been saying that other Pac 12 schools were praying that SC hired Helton.

Did Herman not coach at OSU previously? We know how he looks at a P5 doing all of those things that you mentioned. I get that Helton has done it for USC for a few games already, but doesn't change the fact that Herman did it as well. *shrugs* Best of luck to SC, but the risks here are obvious. Reporters on Twitter had been saying that other Pac 12 schools were praying that SC hired Helton.

Herman wasn't the shot caller in Ohio State is the point. He was just a passenger in that Ferrari, he wasn't the one driving it. Helton has had the keys to USC for 9 games now. Made the recruiting decisions, the game plan decisions etc.

Herman as awesome as he was in Ohio State was just calling plays.

That whole "other teams were praying that Haden hired Helton" thing is silly and fake/lazy "reporting."

Last edited:

If South Carolina hires Muschamp 
laugh.gif
Might be a great landing spot for him. Expectations shouldn't be high in South Carolina. Before spurrier that place was a dump and that program was a doormat.

Only reason I feel good about Helton is that if he bombs we'll probably be on par with UCLA during the Mora/Rosen era.
laugh.gif
. There's a reason schools stayed away from the kid. He's talented but he's a ******* turd.
I remember someone in here saying that before. What's the backstory on that? In games he doesn't come off like that type of guy

did they really just get someone to airbrush on their helmets
Maryland had some awful airbrushed looking helmets earlier in the year... I would be surprised if they did.  

EDIT... did a little internet research.  Apparently this guy did airbrush the helmets... it took him 4 months to do 250 helmets.  

http://blogs.montgomerycollege.edu/insights/2014/11/26/out-of-thin-air/

Double edit:  I saw basically the same helmets this year.  That article says they used that particular design in 2013.

Last edited:
I would take Herman right now over Helton and others every time, but I'm not making the decision. I can see why they decided to keep Helton. We heard all along that after Sark and Kiffin they want to stay as far as possible from risk. Obviously, Helton is a risk as far as what we'll get on the field. Off the field, he's been here 5 years now, they know who he is, and he can be controlled by superiors. USC at this point is probably tired of the bad PR from the athletic dept, particularly football the past few years, and doesn't want to bring in someone that they can't reign in.

It makes you wonder though, wouldn't a guy like Richt bring everything Helton does, but better? Assuming he wants to coach.

laugh.gif
After weeks of you USC fans sticking your chests out, telling all us plebeians that our candidates are beneath the prestigious University of Southern California, you guys hire the interim HC. FOH, y'all ain't ****
The most telling aspect of what Maurice Clarett did to you, is that an admitted joke that any other fan base would have brushed off led to all 11 of you dudes riding in here, like you'd each been @'d personally, and a 4 page flame war that you're still bringing up 2-3 weeks later on some personally offended **** like anyone even addressed your team.

And all that because the idea of what I said triggered you. Your whole fan base a bunch of battered spouses. Ohio State and Randy Shannon left you with PTSD.
laugh.gif

I'm reformed so downgrade that to 10.

Back
Top Bottom