Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three reasons why Pacquiao fight should still happen. Ortiz, Guerrero, and Alvarez. None of these guys deserved a shot so soon but yet Manny for some mythical reason doesn't smh. The reasoning in this sport is becoming a joke with fighters and promoters. What happened to fighters who fought because they believed they were better than the next man?

pac is past his prime while floyd hasnt lost a step & when pac gets whooped then pac fans are gonna have an excuse and say "if pac was in his prime he wouldve won", its a lose/lose situation for floyd

This

Last edited:
At this point its not about who will win.,...

its about depriving boxing fans of a good competitive prize fight.

The money it would generate and the attention it would bring to the sport would be the biggest in a long time, almost makes no sense NOT to have the fight.

Last edited:
"its about depriving boxing fans of a good competitive prize fight."

What about those of us fans who dont see it this way ?

In a way I want the fight so people will shut up about it but then it'll be oh but manny was old blah blah

I never understood why Floyd HAS to fight a dude whos been KO'd a few times anyway what is he proving?

Pacman is younger than Floyd so it's so ridiculous about the past his prime argument
True indeed, although it's still true that Pac is past his prime.   The thing is Floyd is still fresher than Pac even though he's older because Floyd doesn't get hit, which puts less miles on his body. 

Either way I agree that age isn't an excuse for this not to happen or to somehow excuse Pac for getting waxed.

just because it ridiculous doesnt mean people wont fall back on it

"oh well if he fought Manny 4yrs ago it'd be different"

I wonder if the Boxing thread has more Floyd riders or Pacquiao haters?
laugh.gif

It still blows my mind as a boxing fan how anyone would say "i don't want to see floyd vs manny".
I think both fighters have lost a step and am really not interested in watching a fight that should have already happened a long time ago. I know I am in the minority with my opinion, but that's just how I feel.

laugh.gif
some of the replies of these Mayweather dudes. Its just getting comical. And Amir Khan tho??? Cmon Floyd, you're fights are already a snooze fest. Put on your big boy pants and fight Manny already.

I understand why dudes are saying a Floyd Vs. Manny fight does not appeal to them, but who else can Floyd fight? It makes the most sense at this point with 4 fights left

I don't hate Pacquaio, just the large contingent of casual know-nothing fans he has.

Last edited:
I understand why dudes are saying a Floyd Vs. Manny fight does not appeal to them, but who else can Floyd fight? It makes the most sense at this point with 4 fights left
Truth.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/12/floyd-mayweather-jr-manny-pacquiao-can-have-the-belt/

Then this fool would rather give up his belt than fight his next best option? Cmon Floyd. And for everyone saying Manny is not on his level, so does that make Amir "Glass Joe" Khan appear that he is on Money's level and would be a bigger draw than Pac?

dudes come in here talking bout riding for floyd etc

but nobody can answer why an undefeated fighter has to fight a guy whos been KO'd 3 times?

because Manny's popular? because you'd like to see it?

say that tho dont pretend he's cheating the fans out of some legendary fight this guy was sleeping a year ago thanks to a guy Floyd walked all over

Pro: I wish we could make a separate thread.

Anyway, Chino deserves Swift or Machine next. Maidana/Matthysse would be power shots all night. Flashing real leather.

I'm okay with Manny or King Khan next for PBF.

Thurman/Porter interests me. I'm riding for One Time, but Porter is growing on me as well after upsetting Alexander the Great.

but nobody can answer why an undefeated fighter has to fight a guy whos been KO'd 3 times?

say that tho dont pretend he's cheating the fans out of some legendary fight this guy was sleeping a year ago thanks to a guy Floyd walked all over

who would you rather see him fight?

who would you rather see him fight?

Four undefeated opponents please

Why wouldn't he fight him? It makes sense boxing wise and business wise. You have the WBC number one contender (Pac) and the Best Pound for Pound fighter (Money). It only makes sense they fight, right? Business wise, can you only imagine the amount of money this event would generate? Pay per view numbers would go through the roof. If you think anyone outside of Pac would generate more PPV buys, you're kidding yourself.

I was never speaking from a money stand point of course cash wise it should happen

but in terms of it being a quality fight i dont think it would be or that its needed to secure May's legacy like some would have you believe

Why wouldn't he fight him? It makes sense boxing wise and business wise. You have the WBC number one contender (Pac) and the Best Pound for Pound fighter (Money). It only makes sense they fight, right? Business wise, can you only imagine the amount of money this event would generate? Pay per view numbers would go through the roof. If you think anyone outside of Pac would generate more PPV buys, you're kidding yourself.
It would only make more sense for Floyd business wise depending on his split.  The fight could overall generate more PPV buys than the Canelo fight but if his split is not as big as it was in the Canelo fight Floyd's share wouldn't be as much.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom