Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was never speaking from a money stand point of course cash wise it should happen

but in terms of it being a quality fight i dont think it would be or that its needed to secure May's legacy like some would have you believe
So fighting Amir Khan would secure his legacy??
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Dude has never headlined a PPV (I don't even think he's even been on  a PPV card) before but you don't want to fight the number one contender to your belt because it wouldn't be a "quality fight" to prove that you belong with the all time greats?

Enough of this garbage. What fights are you guys hoping would be made next year?? I'd want to see Maidana vs Provodnikov. That would be a war.

I wonder if the Boxing thread has more Floyd riders or Pacquiao haters? :lol:

Is that really hard to fathom though?

One is an undefeated fighter.

The other is far from it.

Not hard to understand why people would appreciate one's skill over the other.

For the record, I'm still down to see the fight.

So fighting Amir Khan would secure his legacy??:lol: :stoneface: Dude has never headlined a PPV (I don't even think he's even been on  a PPV card) before but you don't want to fight the number one contender to your belt because it wouldn't be a "quality fight" to prove that you belong with the all time greats?

Enough of this garbage. What fights are you guys hoping would be made next year?? I'd want to see Maidana vs Provodnikov. That would be a war.

Where did I say fighting Khan would mean anything? dont worry I'll wait

and again how does fighting a guy whos been KO'd 3 times(twice by guys nobody knows) prove Floyd belongs amongst the greats?

dudes come in here talking bout riding for floyd etc

but nobody can answer why an undefeated fighter has to fight a guy whos been KO'd 3 times?
who would you rather see him fight?
Four undefeated opponents please
laugh.gif
I mean, he can fight Danny Garcia, but I don't even think he'll fare better than Canelo, Bradley is with TR, so that's not happening, and unless he moves up or down there's not much more undefeated fighters worth mentioning.

EDIT:

Canelo Vs. Swift?
nerd.gif

Last edited:
anybody really

I dont watch to see who Floyd fights I watch to see how he fights

The opponent isn't a big deal for me

It's like watching Jordan hoop idc if he's playing the clippers I wanna see him play
Lol. If this is how you really feel you'd have no problem with him fighting Pacquiao. Yet, here you are adamantly protesting the thought of that happening.

I dont think they went 1-3 there last 4 fights

I wanna see canelo vs cotto
Canelo vs. Cotto would be dope.
Where did I say fighting Khan would mean anything? dont worry I'll wait

and again how does fighting a guy whos been KO'd 3 times(twice by guys nobody knows) prove Floyd belongs amongst the greats?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm done. So who is else is there for Floyd to fight to cement his "legacy?" go ahead I'll wait.

:lol: I mean, he can fight Danny Garcia, but I don't even think he'll fare better than Canelo, Bradley is with TR, so that's not happening, and unless he moves up or down there's not much more undefeated fighters worth mentioning.

EDIT:

Canelo Vs. Swift? :nerd:
At 147? Canelo not dropping that much weight. Swift not going up 2 weight classes either.

At this point I don't care if Floyd vs Manny happens or not.

I do find it amusing that the Manny fans are back out in full force begging for the fight to happen just because he beat Rios :rolleyes .. The only fight Manny should be concerned about right now is Tim Bradley. He lost to Bradley and got KO'd by JMM. A win over Rios means nothing, he needs to fight someone who's up and coming, dominate that match, then we can open up the discussion about fighting Floyd.

I also don't want to see Floyd vs Khan. If the fight isn't in the UK then it doesn't make any sense to me. I much rather see him fight Bradley (I know can't happen) or Garcia next.

i would like to see garcia fight maidana and i dont see why it would make a difference if floyd fought khan in the UK instead of vegas... the outcome will be the same where floyd is untouched and dominate as usual :pimp:

and guerrero vs bam bam would be good but highly unlikely since one is top rank the other is goldenboy :smh:

Last edited:
Pro: I wish we could make a separate thread.

Anyway, Chino deserves Swift or Machine next. Maidana/Matthysse would be power shots all night. Flashing real leather.

I'm okay with Manny or King Khan next for PBF.

Thurman/Porter interests me. I'm riding for One Time, but Porter is growing on me as well after upsetting Alexander the Great Clinch.

Fixed.

The nickname is purely an easy play on words. Historical reference. Dev will bounce back from the Porter loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom