Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would like to see garcia fight maidana and i dont see why it would make a difference if floyd fought khan in the UK instead of vegas... the outcome will be the same where floyd is untouched and dominate as usual :pimp:

and guerrero vs bam bam would be good but highly unlikely since one is top rank the other is goldenboy :smh:

I was speaking from a financial standpoint. Floyd fighting Khan in the UK would be a great move financially .... I agree, the outcome of the fight wouldn't change :lol:

At this point I don't care if Floyd vs Manny happens or not.

I do find it amusing that the Manny fans are back out in full force begging for the fight to happen just because he beat Rios
eyes.gif
.. The only fight Manny should be concerned about right now is Tim Bradley. He lost to Bradley and got KO'd by JMM. A win over Rios means nothing, he needs to fight someone who's up and coming, dominate that match, then we can open up the discussion about fighting Floyd.
Pretty sure we've clarified that we want to see Mayweather fight Pacquiao because that's the best fight we'll get right now.  Pacquiao can KO Bradley and Marquez in the first round of each fight and we still won't be any closer to getting a Pacquiao Vs. Mayweather fight than we are now, so stop with the "...then we can open up talks" bs.  Before those two losses we couldn't get a fight, what makes you think if Pac redeems himself, we'll be any closer?

I was speaking from a financial standpoint. Floyd fighting Khan in the UK would be a great move financially .... I agree, the outcome of the fight wouldn't change
laugh.gif
If it was good financially I believe Floyd would def go to the UK and sell out Wembly but it doesn't because the high UK taxes would eat too much into his earnings from the fight and he'd Net less even if the Gross may be more.  Its the reason why Usain Bolt wasn't willing to run at Meets in the UK.  Same reason why Floyd doesn't wanna fight at MSG since they have state tax there unlike Nevada, also NYC city taxes.  Vegas with no state income tax for nevada always works out to be the best financially for him

I don't hate Pacquaio, just the large contingent of casual know-nothing fans he has.

This!!!
Easily the worst fan base in all of sports.

lmfao@ the thought of canelo vs swift. speaking straight nonsense.

Edit*
mayorga quit MMA, ready to go back to boxing lol

Last edited:
At this point I don't care if Floyd vs Manny happens or not.

I do find it amusing that the Manny fans are back out in full force begging for the fight to happen just because he beat Rios :rolleyes .. The only fight Manny should be concerned about right now is Tim Bradley. He lost to Bradley and got KO'd by JMM. A win over Rios means nothing, he needs to fight someone who's up and coming, dominate that match, then we can open up the discussion about fighting Floyd.

Pretty sure we've clarified that we want to see Mayweather fight Pacquiao because that's the best fight we'll get right now.  Pacquiao can KO Bradley and Marquez in the first round of each fight and we still won't be any closer to getting a Pacquiao Vs. Mayweather fight than we are now, so stop with the "...then we can open up talks" bs.  Before those two losses we couldn't get a fight, what makes you think if Pac redeems himself, we'll be any closer?

First off, I didn't direct my comment at you I'm talking about all these manny fans going out of there way begging for the fight to happen. NT isn't the only forum this takes place , if you feel some type of way because you're a manny fan praying to god that the fight happens I feel sorry for you fam.

What makes you think that's the best fight we'll get? I think Garcia or Bradley is a better fight, if you read my post above I already stated that.

I was speaking from a financial standpoint. Floyd fighting Khan in the UK would be a great move financially .... I agree, the outcome of the fight wouldn't change :lol:

If it was good financially I believe Floyd would def go to the UK and sell out Wembly but it doesn't because the high UK taxes would eat too much into his earnings from the fight and he'd Net less even if the Gross may be more.  Its the reason why Usain Bolt wasn't willing to run at Meets in the UK.  Same reason why Floyd doesn't wanna fight at MSG since they have state tax there unlike Nevada, also NYC city taxes.  Vegas with no state income tax for nevada always works out to be the best financially for him

You're right I forgot about the taxes.

Last edited:
First off, I didn't direct my comment at you I'm talking about all these manny fans going out of there way begging for the fight to happen. NT isn't the only forum this takes place , if you feel some type of way because you're a manny fan praying to god that the fight happens I feel sorry for you fam.

What makes you think that's the best fight we'll get? I think Garcia or Bradley is a better fight, if you read my post above I already stated that.
I'm just trying to get past the "here come the manny d-riders" comments because they're annoying.  For the record, I'm a fan of both, Pacquiao and Mayweather, admittedly moreso Mayweather.  Most of us just want to see them fight because Khan poses no threat, Garcia needs more experience at 147 before he takes on Mayweather, and Bradley is probably further away from being Mayweather's next opponent than Pacquiao is.

Last edited:
Lol. If this is how you really feel you'd have no problem with him fighting Pacquiao. Yet, here you are adamantly protesting the thought of that happening.

I don't believe that's what is being said by the poster. He isn't protesting more so trying to understand the logic of the Pacquaoi supporters that are making it sound as though Mayweather HAS to fight PacMan to solidify himself and his career especially when you take the fact that Pacquaoi has been stopped multiple times before.

I'm just trying to get past the "here come the manny d-riders" comments because they're annoying.  For the record, I'm a fan of both, Pacquiao and Mayweather, admittedly moreso Mayweather.  Most of us just want to see them fight because Khan poses no threat, Garcia needs more experience at 147 before he takes on Mayweather, and Bradley is probably further away from being Mayweather's next opponent than Pacquiao is.

Cool. I wasn't trying to bash the riders lol, I'm just amazed how those who prefer Manny are back out in full force calling for Floyd's head after the Rios fight. The way Floyd sees it, Manny is 1-2 in his last 3 and beating Rios isn't good enough for the fight to happen. Eventually I see them fighting, however Manny is going to have to beat at least two more legit fighters before Floyd takes it seriously He's going to drag this out for as long as possible.

You're correct about the Garcia and Bradley fights, that's just wishful thinking on my part.

He's been stopped ONCE recently. Let's not act like Pacman is trash. He would definitely be a statement win on Mayweather's resume and one of the few viable statement wins left for him to fight. It's straight silliness to suggest otherwise.

It would also be an awesome clash of styles and even if Mayweather shuts him down, it would be a treat to watch. Acting like Pacquiao isn't worthy because he lost once or twice but being cool with AMIR KAHN is ridiculous.

Lets keep it 100, Pacman is tailor made for a counter puncher like Mayweather.  I don't really care to see the fight because Floyd will outclass him just like everyone else he's been doing it to.  There really isn't anyone at 147 or 154 that will give him a challenge.  The only way for him to be in danger of losing will be some middleweights so unless he's gonna fight 160 lb fighters he's not in danger of losing

Yea. If JMM beat up Pac with counter-punching, just imagine what Floyd would do.

It would be an easy fight between Floyd smothering close range shots and masterfully keeping distance as the taller figther.

It would be a lopsided bout but I still want to see it for the sake of Boxing history.

Y'all acting like JMM ain't have "help" from Angel Heredia before the Manny fight, he ain't never had that type of KO power before but now he has it at damn near 40? I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell y'all too.

He beat him up in the first fight too tho.

Manny's style is just suited for slick counter-punchers to pick apart.

Last edited:
I agree but Manny wasn't the boxer then he is now, I'm not saying he would beat Floyd because he won't but I'd still like to see the fight.

Ain't nobody else out there a challenge for the man either so why not make the biggest fight?

Yea he has developed into an above average boxer but he still reverts back to a brawler when he starts getting outboxed.

I wanna see it too but the Top Rank/Golden Boy Cold War is real.

Boxing politics FTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom