Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
why can't pacquiao and mayweather just fight for f*** sakes >:
give the boxing fans a fight they wanna see, i think we all deserve it smh

Mayweather vs Pacquiao should be Mayweather's last fight.

Who would be Mayweather's opponent after the Pac fight, that could generate as much or more hype/tickets sold/PPV buys?

Nobody.

That's a little too much Devil's Advocate, no? :lol: if I was Garcia, I would have been fuming at the ref too. Especially after all that Broner got away with. Most folk are saying it looks like he blew his nose. We'll see. Hopefully it doesn't taint this win.

:lol: haha
It def is a huge stretch but the only reason people are giving this any light of day is because Ariza is involved.

I just noticed it but maaaaan the look on Richard Schaefer and Hopkins face when Broner got dropped the first time lol.

AB was hurt bad from the first knockdown.Ref should have stopped the fight. I give the dude credit for finishing the fight. The question on him being able to bounce back like floyd after jlc1 is a hard comparison. Even if you think jlc won the fight, he didn't "beat Floyd up" . Broner got his *** beat. He took a lot of shots. I don't think he will ever be the same. Kind of like how pun was never the same to me after the Martinez first fight( if I'm not mistaken that was the first time touch the deck and we all know what happen the second fight.) MM showed better movement and stamina than ever. Props to him for a great performance.

Last edited:

why can't pacquiao and mayweather just fight for f*** sakes 
mad.gif

Mayweather vs Pacquiao should be Mayweather's last fight.

Who would be Mayweather's opponent after the Pac fight, that could generate as much or more hype/tickets sold/PPV buys?

Nobody.
exactly man. both fighters would b winners too tbh, think about how much money they would get 
sick.gif

[Editor's note: Upon closer inspection of a full HD video depicting what happened in the corner, as opposed to the edited low quality video created by a fan, it appears that Ariza is simply holding gauze and wrapping it around the cotton swab end of a q-tip that he uses to wipe Maidana nose, mouth, and eye].

if fighthype doesn't believe anything fishy happened, then I dont either lol

say it aint so.

i'd hate for this knockout to be tainted.

i want that a5s whoopin to have been authentic sooooo bad...

^^^Broner left in an ambulance. I know this is make fun of Broner week (and after all of his antics he deserves every but of it) but him getting medical attention trumps providing a post fight interview.

Last edited:
Is it me or do you fellas hate the guy who does the translating for the Hispanic fighters after the fights? The majority of the time he's not even saying what the fighter actually said :smh: ... I'm not 100% fluent in Spanish but even my homies that are Hispanic be yelling at the TV like "that's not what he said" :lol:

Man I used to feel like that for the guy who would translate for Tito back in the day... Mog would make up his own answers smfh

This is A HUGE PET PEEVE OF MINE. I cringe every time this dude just makes up whatever response he feels like.

I am a certified medical interpreter so I may be overreacting. If I made a mistake at work I can kill someone or cause a malpractice suit.

That's definitely Cee-Lo's body double :lol:

BTW, I'm all for the kid getting checked out and heading to the hospital being the reason he didn't give an interview.

There's just so many names off the top of my head of dudes who got pounded and at least gave an interview in the dressing room before heading to the hospital to get checked.

Hell, I remember Abraham staying in the ring after Miranda broke his jaw and was talking **** about being the king of 160 :lol:

Last edited:
Man I used to feel like that for the guy who would translate for Tito back in the day... Mog would make up his own answers smfh

This is A HUGE PET PEEVE OF MINE. I cringe every time this dude just makes up whatever response he feels like.

I am a certified medical interpreter so I may be overreacting. If I made a mistake at work I can kill someone or cause a malpractice suit.

I completely understand.

I'm at the point where I rather have the interpreter just tell the fighter what the question is and have the fighter respond in broken English :lol:

That interpreter has always annoyed me too.

Dude is never even close to translating what the boxers say.

At the end of his interview I remember Maidana giving Al Haymon a shoutout and he didn't even translate that :lol: . Dude cuts everything the boxers say in half and makes up his own answers.

why can't pacquiao and mayweather just fight for f*** sakes >:

Speak for yourself I have no interest in seeing that fight

Never thought he was on May's level and damn sure dont now

plus why should Floyd bail him out of financial ruin he/his team insisted he was as much of a draw as Floyd he should prove it

why can't pacquiao and mayweather just fight for f*** sakes 
mad.gif

Speak for yourself I have no interest in seeing that fight

Never thought he was on May's level and damn sure dont now

plus why should Floyd bail him out of financial ruin he/his team insisted he was as much of a draw as Floyd he should prove it
Floyd has got no one else to fight man..He fought everyone, only boxer left is Pacquiao. 

I'd much rather see Floyd go for a MW belt than see 12 one sided rounds against Manny at this point in his career.

The only reason he has no one to fight is because everyone thinks he'll wash whoever he faces at 147/154. But that's exactly what he would do to Manny, so he should get thrown into that class as well.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. I can't stand Felix De Jesus. Every time he translates, he speaks in the same bland tone. And he doesn't even translate 100% what the boxers are saying.

Jerry Olaya (HBO's translator) is the best. I love hearing him translate what the corner is telling their fighters. He always gets me with all the emotion he puts behind his word.

Sounds like Vitali might be calling it a career.

Vitali Klitschko, who has not defended his WBC heavyweight title in 15 months and is one of the central figures involved in the political unrest in his native Ukraine, vacated his belt Monday.

The WBC instead appointed him as the organization's "champion emeritus." It means that if Klitschko, 42, decides to fight again, he will automatically get a shot at the title upon his return, if he wants one.

Klitschko, however, sounded as though he is finished boxing.

[+] EnlargeVitali Klitschko
Vitali Klitschko
Vitali Klitschko has vacated his WBC heavyweight belt, which he has held since 2008 and has defended nine times.
"I want to thank the WBC and its president, Don Jose Sulaiman, for the support in our fight for democracy and freedom in Ukraine," Klitschko said. "It was and is a great honor to hold the WBC title, and I've always done it with pride. The offer of the WBC gives me the theoretical possibility to return to the boxing ring, which I cannot imagine at all to the current state.

"Right now, my full concentration is on politics in Ukraine, and I feel that the people need me there. My brother [and unified heavyweight champion] Wladimir will ensure more sporting success and I will, as always, support him as much as he currently supports me in my political fight."

This is the second time in his career that Vitali Klitschko has been designated as a "champion emeritus."

When he was hampered by back and knee injuries, Klitschko vacated the title and retired in 2005 and later used his status to his advantage. A healthy Klitschko returned in 2008 and immediately got a shot at then-titleholder Samuel Peter, whom Klitschko stopped in the eighth round of a one-sided fight to regain the belt.

Klitschko (45-2, 41 KOs) has made nine one-sided title defenses, including a fourth-round cut-induced stoppage of Manuel Charr in September 2012 in Moscow in what likely was the final fight of a 17-year professional career that figures to land him in the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

Klitschko, a three-time heavyweight titleholder, had vacillated on returning to the ring. He had a long-overdue mandatory defense to make against Bermane Stiverne and put off the purse bid for the fight multiple times in addition to asking the WBC to move back the deadline for him to make a decision on his future. But the latest deadline was Sunday, and he finally decided.

Now that the title is vacant, it should be filled by the winner of a rematch between Stiverne (23-1-1, 20 KOs) and Cristobal Arreola (36-3, 31 KOs), the top two contenders in the WBC's ratings. Stiverne dropped Arreola and easily outpointed him in a title-elimination fight April 27 to become the mandatory challenger. However, Stiverne is involved in litigation with promoter Don King, and he might not be available for a title fight. In that case, the title could be filled by a fight between No. 2 Arreola and No. 3 Deontay Wilder (30-0, 30 KOs).

Klitschko's life is now dominated by politics in Ukraine, where he is the leader of the government opposition UDAR political party, which is pushing for reform and to align the nation economically with the European Union rather than Russia. He is also a member of the Ukrainian parliament and a 2015 presidential candidate.

"Vitali Klitschko is fighting the fight of his life, this time outside the ring," said WBC executive secretary Mauricio Sulaiman, son of the ill Jose Sulaiman. "Vitali is showing to the world what is the true heart of a champion by leading his countrymen to battle in the streets in their search of human equality, rights and peace for the great country of the Ukraine.

"With the current extreme and delicate political situation in the Ukraine, Vitali has answered his country's call to fight for human rights and equality. Accordingly, Vitali will not be able to provide the WBC with a predictable time frame to return to the ring. In light of those considerations, the WBC voted unanimously to name Vitali Klitschko WBC heavyweight champion emeritus. Very few great fighters have received such an honorable distinction, which will entitle Vitali to fight for the WBC heavyweight world championship when he is ready to return to the ring. ... We all wish him great success in his political career."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom