Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Brooks signed 6 year extension... Let's get Goldson and Grant now

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This! Goldson please! 
pimp.gif

Although, am I the only one that thinks Carlos Rogers shouldn't be paid as much despite the fact he was a pro bowler? The ball was thrown his way numerous times and he was just there at the right place at the right time. Got burned plenty of times during the season and I'm not even going to mention the Giants playoff game. But if we keep him, that's cool. Whatever Harbaugh wants. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Brooks signed 6 year extension... Let's get Goldson and Grant now

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This! Goldson please! 
pimp.gif

Although, am I the only one that thinks Carlos Rogers shouldn't be paid as much despite the fact he was a pro bowler? The ball was thrown his way numerous times and he was just there at the right place at the right time. Got burned plenty of times during the season and I'm not even going to mention the Giants playoff game. But if we keep him, that's cool. Whatever Harbaugh wants. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Brooks deal seemed a bit high in my eyes. I bet he only see's about 3 years of goldson is going to be tagged very soon. I'd bring Carlos back on a 2 year deal and still look at other options via FA and the draft.

Brooks deal seemed a bit high in my eyes. I bet he only see's about 3 years of goldson is going to be tagged very soon. I'd bring Carlos back on a 2 year deal and still look at other options via FA and the draft.

Originally Posted by thetruth03

Brooks deal seemed a bit high in my eyes.
Its not high.  Only $17M was guaranteed.  If we only end up paying him that $17M, then its a fair deal.  If we end up paying him his entire contract, that means he is playing at a high/close to Pro Bowl level. 

With that being said, the contract is fair and not high.

Originally Posted by thetruth03

Brooks deal seemed a bit high in my eyes.
Its not high.  Only $17M was guaranteed.  If we only end up paying him that $17M, then its a fair deal.  If we end up paying him his entire contract, that means he is playing at a high/close to Pro Bowl level. 

With that being said, the contract is fair and not high.

All I'm saying is we better at least attempt to sign him. I don't care how much Alex improved or if Harbaugh like's Alex or whatever. This is our chance to make a HUGE stride and pick up an elite QB. If he plays at 75% of his ability, we are super bowl contenders.

All I'm saying is we better at least attempt to sign him. I don't care how much Alex improved or if Harbaugh like's Alex or whatever. This is our chance to make a HUGE stride and pick up an elite QB. If he plays at 75% of his ability, we are super bowl contenders.

SMDH

49ers make offer to Smith, not interested in Manning

byline_matt_maiocco2.png

The 49ers have an "offer on the table" to scheduled free agent Alex Smith and the club is not interested in signing veteran quarterback Peyton Manning, a well-placed source told CSNBayArea.com on Wednesday.

Coach Jim Harbaugh has said repeatedly that Smith "is our guy" with the 49ers. And the 49ers are actively attempting to lock up Smith to a multi-year contract, according to the source. Agent Tom Condon represents Smith and Manning.
http://
Manning, whom the Indianapolis Colts released on Wednesday, is free to negotiate with every NFL team. Miami, Washington, Seattle and the New York Jets are among the teams that have reported interest in signing Manning, an 11-time Pro Bowl player.

[RELATED: Colts announce they're releasing Peyton Manning]

With Smith starting every game last season, the 49ers finished with a 13-3 record in the regular season and advanced to the NFC championship game. Smith had the best season of his career, completing 61.3 percent of his passes for 3,144 yards with 17 touchdowns and five interceptions. His passer rating was 90.7. Smith turns 28 in May.

[MAIOCCO: Alex Smith and the 49ers: What's taking so long?]

Manning, who turns 36 in this month, did not play in 2011 after undergoing spinal fusion surgery in September.

Read more: 49ers make offer to Smith, not interested in Manning
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

SMDH

49ers make offer to Smith, not interested in Manning

byline_matt_maiocco2.png

The 49ers have an "offer on the table" to scheduled free agent Alex Smith and the club is not interested in signing veteran quarterback Peyton Manning, a well-placed source told CSNBayArea.com on Wednesday.

Coach Jim Harbaugh has said repeatedly that Smith "is our guy" with the 49ers. And the 49ers are actively attempting to lock up Smith to a multi-year contract, according to the source. Agent Tom Condon represents Smith and Manning.
http://
Manning, whom the Indianapolis Colts released on Wednesday, is free to negotiate with every NFL team. Miami, Washington, Seattle and the New York Jets are among the teams that have reported interest in signing Manning, an 11-time Pro Bowl player.

[RELATED: Colts announce they're releasing Peyton Manning]

With Smith starting every game last season, the 49ers finished with a 13-3 record in the regular season and advanced to the NFC championship game. Smith had the best season of his career, completing 61.3 percent of his passes for 3,144 yards with 17 touchdowns and five interceptions. His passer rating was 90.7. Smith turns 28 in May.

[MAIOCCO: Alex Smith and the 49ers: What's taking so long?]

Manning, who turns 36 in this month, did not play in 2011 after undergoing spinal fusion surgery in September.

Read more: 49ers make offer to Smith, not interested in Manning
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Originally Posted by acidicality

Peyton Manning gonna be released...we need to go for it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Agreed.  If we don't get Peyton, then I'm almost certain that Arizona will.  If they do that would makes things very difficutlt for us in the NFC West.  We have to have a counter move against Arizona to try and get Peyton on the 49ers. 

Back
Top Bottom