Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by acidicality

Peyton Manning gonna be released...we need to go for it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Agreed.  If we don't get Peyton, then I'm almost certain that Arizona will.  If they do that would makes things very difficutlt for us in the NFC West.  We have to have a counter move against Arizona to try and get Peyton on the 49ers. 

Peyton Manning is being released because he is hurt and the colts and drafting Luck... He's not healthy.

Peyton Manning is being released because he is hurt and the colts and drafting Luck... He's not healthy.

I know we have a great team. I know we have a special defense and special teams. But if the Cardinals or the Seahawks sign Peyton Manning, they are the favorites to win the division. Period. (one of many reasons why we need to sign PM)

I know we have a great team. I know we have a special defense and special teams. But if the Cardinals or the Seahawks sign Peyton Manning, they are the favorites to win the division. Period. (one of many reasons why we need to sign PM)

Originally Posted by Hugo

welp at least try to sign peyton.
Although, I know we won't sign him because Jimmy likes Alex. Whatever Jimmy likes, I'll be there to support that but this is Peyton Freaking Manning! Yes, Alex had a heck of a year we didn't just lost because of that bonehead Kyle Williams but the fact that he went for 1 and 13 in 3rd down conversions! That's unacceptable. Peyton's ability to read defenses could change all that. During the season, our problem was the red zone offenses. Peyton can also change that. But like I said, it's unlikely we'll probably even make a run at him. 

Originally Posted by Hugo

welp at least try to sign peyton.
Although, I know we won't sign him because Jimmy likes Alex. Whatever Jimmy likes, I'll be there to support that but this is Peyton Freaking Manning! Yes, Alex had a heck of a year we didn't just lost because of that bonehead Kyle Williams but the fact that he went for 1 and 13 in 3rd down conversions! That's unacceptable. Peyton's ability to read defenses could change all that. During the season, our problem was the red zone offenses. Peyton can also change that. But like I said, it's unlikely we'll probably even make a run at him. 

Just heard the Niners have an offer on the table to Alex Smith and they won't be going after Manning.

They better %$%++!@ getting Vincent Jackson/Mike Wallace then ... %#@!!

Just heard the Niners have an offer on the table to Alex Smith and they won't be going after Manning.

its so damn stupid to not even try to sign him tho. even where peyton is right now health wise hes still way better than smith. and i like smith.

its so damn stupid to not even try to sign him tho. even where peyton is right now health wise hes still way better than smith. and i like smith.

they need to at least make an attempt to sign Peyton.

yeah they finished 13-3 last season and I think their a legitametly good team but the NFC West is getting better, road games at Green Bay, New Orleans, New England, and the Jets next season. the schedule is looking a tad bit tougher for next season.

if they could get Peyton, with that defense I would honestly view the 49ers as the favorite to win the Super Bowl.

it's good Alex showed progress in season 7 and seeing him after the Saints game felt good and all but the real question here is, can the 49ers win a Super Bowl with him as the qb.

they need to at least make an attempt to sign Peyton.

yeah they finished 13-3 last season and I think their a legitametly good team but the NFC West is getting better, road games at Green Bay, New Orleans, New England, and the Jets next season. the schedule is looking a tad bit tougher for next season.

if they could get Peyton, with that defense I would honestly view the 49ers as the favorite to win the Super Bowl.

it's good Alex showed progress in season 7 and seeing him after the Saints game felt good and all but the real question here is, can the 49ers win a Super Bowl with him as the qb.

Originally Posted by What up

What's the point of Mike Wallace or Vincent Jackson if we're going to have a QB who'll overthrow and throw the ball at their knees en route to 1 for 13 in 3rd down conversions.

Originally Posted by What up

What's the point of Mike Wallace or Vincent Jackson if we're going to have a QB who'll overthrow and throw the ball at their knees en route to 1 for 13 in 3rd down conversions.

Back
Top Bottom