Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

In the turnover era of basketball ('77 onwards) only three guys have ever one a chip without a 2nd legit elite all star HOF type guy. Duncan. Hakeem. Walton. All those guys are centers who anchored elite defenses, the mavs defense is NOT that good, the questions is Dirk that good? Is he better? because he's going to have to be. I love him and he's one of my favorite players but I'm don't think so. I simply refuse to believe that anyone can win a chip with Jason Terry as your second option.

Heat in 6.
To be fair, Kidd has been playing like it.
"You are what you consistently do."
Not sure if you're trying to discredit Kidd, but Kidd's been playing with an edge, with a chip on his shoulder all year.

Not just in the Playoffs, he was hitting game winners in the regular season too.

His FG% won't reflect how well he's playing, but he's played amazing defense from everyone from Roy to KD to Russ to Kobe. It's not stats with him, it's making plays.

Hopefully Tyson/Haywood work out better than Noah/Omer did. I think that's really pivotal.

In the turnover era of basketball ('77 onwards) only three guys have ever one a chip without a 2nd legit elite all star HOF type guy. Duncan. Hakeem. Walton. All those guys are centers who anchored elite defenses, the mavs defense is NOT that good, the questions is Dirk that good? Is he better? because he's going to have to be. I love him and he's one of my favorite players but I'm don't think so. I simply refuse to believe that anyone can win a chip with Jason Terry as your second option.

Heat in 6.
Not sure if you're trying to discredit Kidd, but Kidd's been playing with an edge, with a chip on his shoulder all year.

Not just in the Playoffs, he was hitting game winners in the regular season too.

His FG% won't reflect how well he's playing, but he's played amazing defense from everyone from Roy to KD to Russ to Kobe. It's not stats with him, it's making plays.

Hopefully Tyson/Haywood work out better than Noah/Omer did. I think that's really pivotal.

laugh.gif
 a month ago playoffs started and portland is happy to play the mavs cause they believe they are soft and mavs lose game after 23 point lead in fourt.....Mavs win series/
eek.gif
swept the lakers nobody seen it coming/ beat a young thunder team behind dirk/marion/terry great play

grin.gif
 Now the Mavs are an unstopable team and nobody in the world can hold dirk and thier bench is the greatest ever......

pimp.gif
cant wait for the heat to bring Mavs back to earth

laugh.gif
 a month ago playoffs started and portland is happy to play the mavs cause they believe they are soft and mavs lose game after 23 point lead in fourt.....Mavs win series/
eek.gif
swept the lakers nobody seen it coming/ beat a young thunder team behind dirk/marion/terry great play

grin.gif
 Now the Mavs are an unstopable team and nobody in the world can hold dirk and thier bench is the greatest ever......

pimp.gif
cant wait for the heat to bring Mavs back to earth

I'm not talking about game winners or chips on the shoulder or any of that nonsense, Jason Kidd is simply no longer a viable 2nd offense option, can he hit an open 3? Sure, but so could Mo Williams and you see how that worked out.

Also you are aware that all of kids number are in deline from last year, don't let a couple game winner fool you into thinking he's had some great season on offense.
ohwell.gif

I'm not talking about game winners or chips on the shoulder or any of that nonsense, Jason Kidd is simply no longer a viable 2nd offense option, can he hit an open 3? Sure, but so could Mo Williams and you see how that worked out.

Also you are aware that all of kids number are in deline from last year, don't let a couple game winner fool you into thinking he's had some great season on offense.
ohwell.gif

^ The Mavs' run through the playoffs has been just as impressive as the Heat, and the argument can be made that it was even more so do to the fact that they beat and swept the defending champs.

I don't know about the Heat bringing the Mavs back down to earth. I think they'll win the series but it'll be at least 6 maybe even 7 games.

Over/Under on the amount of times people complain about refs or that "the fix" is in during the course of the finals.

I say 1000+
laugh.gif

^ The Mavs' run through the playoffs has been just as impressive as the Heat, and the argument can be made that it was even more so do to the fact that they beat and swept the defending champs.

I don't know about the Heat bringing the Mavs back down to earth. I think they'll win the series but it'll be at least 6 maybe even 7 games.

Over/Under on the amount of times people complain about refs or that "the fix" is in during the course of the finals.

I say 1000+
laugh.gif

Best of luck to the Mavs and wishing for a entertaining and injury free series. Yall have something to prove and I respect that but it will be an epic battle nontheless.

May the best team win!!!! I expect this thread to hit 200+ by the end of the First commercial during Game 1 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Best of luck to the Mavs and wishing for a entertaining and injury free series. Yall have something to prove and I respect that but it will be an epic battle nontheless.

May the best team win!!!! I expect this thread to hit 200+ by the end of the First commercial during Game 1 
roll.gif
roll.gif

ohwell.gif
Um. I never said he was going to be an offensive force.

But he's been making plays. He's been the second best player for us in the Playoffs, and that's because of his defense and his ability to get our guys open shots. He's creating 14 points off of his assists to chip in with the 10 he contributes through his own shots.

I'm not saying he cancels out Wade or anything, of course not, but I'm saying, at this time, right now, going into the Finals, he's playing at that elite level. Go ask Kobe, KD, or Russ of how Kidd is playing.

We need our other guys to step up, no doubt. But Dallas has the luxury of having any one guy go off for 20 one night.

Kidd has had 1 20+ game, and 3 15+ games.
JET has had 7 20+ games, and 8 15+ games.
Peja has had 2 20+ games, and 3 15+ games.
Barea has had 2 20+ games.
Marion has had 1 20+ game, and 3 15+ games.
Tyson has had a 15+ game.

James Jones had 1 20+ game.
Chalmers had 1 20+ game, and 2 15+ games.

Then you got the Big Three and Dirk. See the difference?
nerd.gif
You take out Dallas' other two most prolific scorers in JET and Marion, and we still have a bunch of guys who can put up 15-20 on a given night. Miami? Not so much.

We'll see though. They got one of the best defenses, so we'll see.

ohwell.gif
Um. I never said he was going to be an offensive force.

But he's been making plays. He's been the second best player for us in the Playoffs, and that's because of his defense and his ability to get our guys open shots. He's creating 14 points off of his assists to chip in with the 10 he contributes through his own shots.

I'm not saying he cancels out Wade or anything, of course not, but I'm saying, at this time, right now, going into the Finals, he's playing at that elite level. Go ask Kobe, KD, or Russ of how Kidd is playing.

We need our other guys to step up, no doubt. But Dallas has the luxury of having any one guy go off for 20 one night.

Kidd has had 1 20+ game, and 3 15+ games.
JET has had 7 20+ games, and 8 15+ games.
Peja has had 2 20+ games, and 3 15+ games.
Barea has had 2 20+ games.
Marion has had 1 20+ game, and 3 15+ games.
Tyson has had a 15+ game.

James Jones had 1 20+ game.
Chalmers had 1 20+ game, and 2 15+ games.

Then you got the Big Three and Dirk. See the difference?
nerd.gif
You take out Dallas' other two most prolific scorers in JET and Marion, and we still have a bunch of guys who can put up 15-20 on a given night. Miami? Not so much.

We'll see though. They got one of the best defenses, so we'll see.

funny how everyone is picking the mavs
laugh.gif
miami has had a way tougher road and they straight dominated. undefeated at home too

funny how everyone is picking the mavs
laugh.gif
miami has had a way tougher road and they straight dominated. undefeated at home too

I still think the heat edge out, but with the MAvs 4-7 guys being so much better than the Heat, Idk. I'll take this Dallas team over that pistons team that won (offensively at least)

I still think the heat edge out, but with the MAvs 4-7 guys being so much better than the Heat, Idk. I'll take this Dallas team over that pistons team that won (offensively at least)

Debatable. Two inexperienced talented teams in OKC and Chicago. You lock down Rose, that team isn't winning.
Two former champions in LA and Boston.
Two younger teams without a true superstar, but with two great all-stars.

Most people are picking Miami, tbh.

Back
Top Bottom