Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

JA, a suggestion perhaps.  You the OP, so why not edit the first post and list everyone's picks? 
nerd.gif

List the SN's under Dallas, and the SN's under Miami and the total games and see how everyone does.  That would be time consuming on your part, but I mean, game 1 ain't til Tuesday, you'd have time B. 

I'm takin Miami winning games 1, 2, 4, and 6. 

If I have time, I'll do it sometime after noon. I'm heading back home to Monterey for the weekend in about an hour so I gotta pack and whatnot.

I'll do something though.

If I have time, I'll do it sometime after noon. I'm heading back home to Monterey for the weekend in about an hour so I gotta pack and whatnot.

I'll do something though.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Ya'll also haven't played and Offense like the Mavs in the playoffs.

Maybe true, but they have faced not one but two defenses that are better than the Mavs. For all this talk about how Mavs are a defensive powerhouse, their defense is definitely not better than either the Celtics nor the Bulls. Even though they are better defensively than the mid 00s Mavs who were known as all-O, no-D teams.

I don't think the Mavs are a powerhouse, they're decent and way better than they were in 2006. I think Chandler is going to be a huge factor for the Mavs on both ends. I expect a real good series, if Wade can single handily win in 2006, then there is no question Dirk can do the same, but Dirk has a rep for folding.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Ya'll also haven't played and Offense like the Mavs in the playoffs.

Maybe true, but they have faced not one but two defenses that are better than the Mavs. For all this talk about how Mavs are a defensive powerhouse, their defense is definitely not better than either the Celtics nor the Bulls. Even though they are better defensively than the mid 00s Mavs who were known as all-O, no-D teams.

I don't think the Mavs are a powerhouse, they're decent and way better than they were in 2006. I think Chandler is going to be a huge factor for the Mavs on both ends. I expect a real good series, if Wade can single handily win in 2006, then there is no question Dirk can do the same, but Dirk has a rep for folding.

This would be the one time I'm hoping DAL does prove me wrong, but I'm picking against them again. I just cannot bear the amount of foolery that will ensue when all these clown bandwagon fans here in FL come out of the woodwork if MIA wins, but sadly it's going to happen.

Heatles in 6, Bron Bron finally gets the monkey off his back.

This would be the one time I'm hoping DAL does prove me wrong, but I'm picking against them again. I just cannot bear the amount of foolery that will ensue when all these clown bandwagon fans here in FL come out of the woodwork if MIA wins, but sadly it's going to happen.

Heatles in 6, Bron Bron finally gets the monkey off his back.

I'm pulling for Miami to win so Cleveland fans have another reason to hate Lebron
But I got Dallas winning it in 6.

I'm pulling for Miami to win so Cleveland fans have another reason to hate Lebron
But I got Dallas winning it in 6.

I'm going Miami in 6... Gonna be tough for the Mavs to stop Bron and Wade...

More depth for the Mavs, but in a series like this it doesn't make a whole lot of difference... Wade and Bron aren't gonna get in foul trouble, the officials won't let them (and that goes same for Dirk)....

Depth only matters if there's foul trouble or if dudes get gassed, and neither team wants to play fast enough that guys are gonna be burned out by the 4th...

The one place I really think the Mavs can get after Miami is at the point... Who is Mike Bibby going to guard? Put him on Kidd? Yeah right. Terry? I'll take that all night if I'm the Mavs... Even Barea for spurts, he's gonna get worked. And then with Chalmers, you've got a chance to give some guys a possession or two off on the other end because he's not going to do anything with the basketball.. They've got to capitalize on that spot and it's got to turn into a huge advantage for the Mavs.

I'm going Miami in 6... Gonna be tough for the Mavs to stop Bron and Wade...

More depth for the Mavs, but in a series like this it doesn't make a whole lot of difference... Wade and Bron aren't gonna get in foul trouble, the officials won't let them (and that goes same for Dirk)....

Depth only matters if there's foul trouble or if dudes get gassed, and neither team wants to play fast enough that guys are gonna be burned out by the 4th...

The one place I really think the Mavs can get after Miami is at the point... Who is Mike Bibby going to guard? Put him on Kidd? Yeah right. Terry? I'll take that all night if I'm the Mavs... Even Barea for spurts, he's gonna get worked. And then with Chalmers, you've got a chance to give some guys a possession or two off on the other end because he's not going to do anything with the basketball.. They've got to capitalize on that spot and it's got to turn into a huge advantage for the Mavs.

Back
Top Bottom