Official 2010 NY Jets Season Thread 11-5 : this one hurts ............

Yea it was a disgusting game. We finally got one call our way at the end of the game and anyone who says it was a give away doesn't know football.

5-1 is good going into the bye. People should get a bit healthier and into better game shape. I.E. Revis, Pace, Holmes and Taylor.

Yea it was a disgusting game. We finally got one call our way at the end of the game and anyone who says it was a give away doesn't know football.

5-1 is good going into the bye. People should get a bit healthier and into better game shape. I.E. Revis, Pace, Holmes and Taylor.

maybe im just a die hard jet fan and saw way too many calls on us or am i bugging? this had to be top 3 games that i have seen where the officials tried their hardest to make the jets lose. oh and 5-1 is the best record in the league right now 
pimp.gif

maybe im just a die hard jet fan and saw way too many calls on us or am i bugging? this had to be top 3 games that i have seen where the officials tried their hardest to make the jets lose. oh and 5-1 is the best record in the league right now 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tim teufel

pimp.gif

Yeah we saw alot of calls on us too and alot of non calls on Denver. In past years , we would of lost a game like this, but this team is headstrong and found a way to pull it out. this is the type of game that makes a team closer. Best team in the NFL , how ya like us now???
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by tim teufel

pimp.gif

Yeah we saw alot of calls on us too and alot of non calls on Denver. In past years , we would of lost a game like this, but this team is headstrong and found a way to pull it out. this is the type of game that makes a team closer. Best team in the NFL , how ya like us now???
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

5-1 is sounding really good right now.. ugly game, but going into this bye we're sitting on the best record in the NFL.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
   it's early but championship calliber type teams win on the road consistently and 3-0 on the road so far with 2 of those wins being against decent teams is a good look. 5-1 itself is nice because aside from buffalo every game so far has been against decent teams as well and like it was said earlier they got the schedule in the next 5 games to keep things rolling.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

5-1 is sounding really good right now.. ugly game, but going into this bye we're sitting on the best record in the NFL.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
   it's early but championship calliber type teams win on the road consistently and 3-0 on the road so far with 2 of those wins being against decent teams is a good look. 5-1 itself is nice because aside from buffalo every game so far has been against decent teams as well and like it was said earlier they got the schedule in the next 5 games to keep things rolling.

I was wondering when Sanchez was going to throw his first pic.. I'm tight it had to be two.. hopefully he bounces back after the bye. We will be good as long as the run game stays consistent how it is.

I was wondering when Sanchez was going to throw his first pic.. I'm tight it had to be two.. hopefully he bounces back after the bye. We will be good as long as the run game stays consistent how it is.

a9d3f27bfd9ca7641ddc87070f808a1b-getty-98678763je014_new_york_jets.jpg

Props to Justin Edmonds for capturing a picture perfect shot. 
pimp.gif

LT kept game alive after he rushed for a 20-yard touchdown. 

a9d3f27bfd9ca7641ddc87070f808a1b-getty-98678763je014_new_york_jets.jpg

Props to Justin Edmonds for capturing a picture perfect shot. 
pimp.gif

LT kept game alive after he rushed for a 20-yard touchdown. 

ugly win but we needed it. 5-1 is looking so sweet right now

Those consecutive offensive pass interference calls really had me worried for a minute. i don't think i've ever seen that happen before.

ugly win but we needed it. 5-1 is looking so sweet right now

Those consecutive offensive pass interference calls really had me worried for a minute. i don't think i've ever seen that happen before.

October 31 vs Green Bay – Green Bay has had a tough season so far.  With the loss of a number of key contributors, like Ryan Grant and now Jermichael Finley, the Packers will be facing their bitter rival the Vikings this coming weekend, then heading to New York the week after.  Green Bay has played competitively in all of their games.  The three games that they have lost, have been by a total of nine points.  They might be wounded, but they are still are dangerous and will likely be a close fought game.  Hopefully the extra week off will only help the Jets to be healthy, and for the coaching staff to have extra time to look at how to stop Aaron Rodgers and the resurging Greg Jennings.

Nov 7 – @ Detroit – I know Detroit is just 1-5, but I really do think that they are fielding a more competitive team than I can remember in quite a while.  The Lions are doing their best without their starting (or in some cases backup) QB.  Franchise QB Matt Stafford could be in for Detroit against Washington after their bye week on Halloween, so look for Stafford to fully back into the swing of things against the Jets the following week.  Stafford has shown some impressive skills, when healthy, his biggest question mark.

Nov 14 – @ Cleveland – Now officially into the Colt McCoy era in Cleveland, which means that Eric Mangini could well be looking for a defensive backs coaching job somewhere else this offseason.  McCoy had 1 TD and 2 INT over the weekend against the Steelers defense.  Cleveland now is reeling at 1-5 and has been equally bad on defense as on offense.  Of course, some Jets who might have felt slighted under Mangini might relish the game against their former coach, so this matchup should be interesting of two coaches apparently heading in opposite directions.

Nov 21 – vs Houston – For as good as their offense is, their defense is really that bad, maybe worse.  No QB so far has had a bad day on this secondary … so don’t expect the Jets with their weapons to be the first.  The Jets could be facing an interesting test against a team that in many respects mirrors what the Jets just saw against the Broncos , with the main difference being that the Texans have a legitimate running game.  This is going to be an “all-hands on deck

Back
Top Bottom