:: Official 2010 NBA Free Agency Thread ::

Is anyone else getting automatically subscribed to topics?  I keep getting emails every time someone posts in this thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Is anyone else getting automatically subscribed to topics?  I keep getting emails every time someone posts in this thread
laugh.gif

yeah i got back to wk this morning & had 175+ w/ a lot of doubles & triples for the same thing......stuffing my junk & reg inbox with these reply alerts.....

Cake, if they lose this year you'll see the @*%% storm that Cleveland will hail down on him.  It already started with them questioning his heart and his desire to win after losing a game, not the series.  In NYC it'll be worse if it were to happen, I will give you that.  But it ain't all sunshine and rainbows over there either.  They've been happy with just contending in the past, not anymore.  That city wants to win BAD.

laugh.gif

yeah me too you just have to turn off the subscription to this thread in your account settings

While this is very true, I wouldn't expect whoever Bosh decides to sign to give up more than a trade exception and crappy picks. Ex: T-Mac and Raptors, Rashard and Sonics, K-Mart and the Nets, etc.

Thing is: This summer in particular is very special. So alot of past deals and circumstances dont apply to what can possibly happen this summer

This is an UNPRECEDENTED free agent market. And there more than handful of teams that have massivie salary cap flexibililty.

And another diffrence between a couple of those examples is that the Raptors actually want to KEEP Bosh. He's by far their best player, and they're willing to pay him the absolute max. But they're willing to work a compromise should he decide to leave.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by DubA169

Forget being a king, he will be a GOD in New York..you people don't even understand what's about to happen in that city if he comes. if he wins just one chip in the next 6 years he won't be 2nd fiddle to anything. he will be a legend forever on that day. no matter what happens in the rest of his career. . he would be 10 times more popular than Jeter ever was.

don't forget that theres a basketball court every 10 blocks in each direction. this is NYC. the yankees have won all the championships over the years but it's still a basketball city. This is "our" sport. the people in NYC have said "I pick you" to lebron for 2 or 3 years now. the city would shut down if he came. Before he even played a game.
Just curious...what if he does come and still doesn't end up winning anything?

he will be known has the guy who brought back the knicks from being a joke. he made it fun to watch the knicks again. it's hard to tell we have to know the ways he lost. did he make the finlas 4 times? did he quit on the team?  People understand that Mike was the best player in the world and that's a big reason why Pat never got a ring. with bron it's diff

lebron would be the most talented player to suit up for the knicks in their history. so it's hard to say what would happen. he would get killed for a while but stil be loved in the city when it's all said and done.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Cp,

give me a list of teams that would be better than the Knicks with LeBron and Bosh..

LA and Orlando...who else?

OKC (they should just continue to get better)

Miami (should be as good if they get someone to pair with Wade-have more cap space to work with this and next year)

Chicago (depending on who they get as well)

They still wouldn't be the favorite in their own conference...at least CLE is that until the playoffs start. I'm sorry, but Bron+Bosh+Gallo+Chandler doesn't scare anyone. 

It'll be more easy to say once the pieces start falling into actual place and people move.

Cp,

give me a list of teams that would be better than the Knicks with LeBron and Bosh..

Boston
Utah
Denver
Dallas

But of course, this is all after last year.  We don't know what other combinations will develop.  Maybe Boozer heads to Miami, so now they are top tiered.  (East wise)  Maybe Dirk goes to Chicago.  Etc etc.  We won't know til all the chips land.  But it's proven already, it doesn't really matter, Bron isn't the God everyone thinks he is.  New york could be the one gettin set up pretty soon.  We shall see. 

He'd have a 2 to 3 year window that he would get a pass for.

I really don't think some of you understand how much relevance is just wanted again and for competitive basketball to be played in MSG. that's not just the fans, that's the media as well.

Originally Posted by raw120

laugh.gif

yeah me too you just have to turn off the subscription to this thread in your account settings

i unchecked the notifications but im still getting them!
mad.gif

help
laugh.gif

Cp,

Miami with D.Wade, Amare, and possibly Joe Johsnon(should Riley decide to trade or dump Beasley for nothing more than pure capspace) would most certainly be better in my opinion.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Cp,

Boston
Utah
Denver
Dallas

But of course, this is all after last year.  We don't know what other combinations will develop.  Maybe Boozer heads to Miami, so now they are top tiered.  (East wise)  Maybe Dirk goes to Chicago.  Etc etc.  We won't know til all the chips land.  But it's proven already, it doesn't really matter, Bron isn't the God everyone thinks he is.  New york could be the one gettin set up pretty soon.  We shall see. 
Even if teams change, or stay the same Lebron and Bosh on the knicks would be a top 5 team right away. The supporting cast doesn't have to be great, just decent.

As long as Bron gets the other superstar next to him, they would be able to compete for a championship.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Forget being a king, he will be a GOD in New York..you people don't even understand what's about to happen in that city if he comes. if he wins just one chip in the next 6 years he won't be 2nd fiddle to anything. he will be a legend forever on that day. no matter what happens in the rest of his career. . he would be 10 times more popular than Jeter ever was.

don't forget that theres a basketball court every 10 blocks in each direction. this is NYC. the yankees have won all the championships over the years but it's still a basketball city. This is "our" sport. the people in NYC have said "I pick you" to lebron for 2 or 3 years now. the city would shut down if he came. Before he even played a game.
Just curious...what if he does come and still doesn't end up winning anything?

he will be known has the guy who brought back the knicks from being a joke. he made it fun to watch the knicks again. it's hard to tell we have to know the ways he lost. did he make the finlas 4 times? did he quit on the team?  People understand that Mike was the best player in the world and that's a big reason why Pat never got a ring. with bron it's diff

lebron would be the most talented player to suit up for the knicks in their history. so it's hard to say what would happen. he would get killed for a while but stil be loved in the city when it's all said and done.
So it's more of bringing the Knicks back to relevance more than anything, as opposed to winning titles. Interesting...I'm kinda hoping it happens though cause it will be interesting to see if Bron has the mental makeup to handle the beating that is sure to ensue by the NY media.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif

mad.gif

help
laugh.gif

Every time you go to Add Reply you have to uncheck the "Subscribe to this topic" box.

Dade, is Haslem still going to be there.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

DubA169 wrote:

If you say so...  Considering the fact that he's a GOD where he is already, he's the face of an entire state (granted its ohio but still he's from ohio) he's the states entire hope, they have 1 championship to their entire profession existence he's the hope for their first in 50 years and first in the Cav's franchise history.  Seeing as how everyone has been talking about how big his ego is, I would think that bringing a franchise its first ever title would trump bringing the Knicks their 2nd in terms of stroking one's ego to be known as the first in history... Then when you add on the pressure that comes from NYC and the way turns on people at the drop of a dime, how y'all %!++!@@ on Pat year in and year out that he didn't get it done whereas in CLE they're just happy to be in contention and have the chance so he has a much longer leash... It would appear to be much more headache than its worth.  I'm not saying, I'm Just Sayin...  

laugh.gif

I had 51 emails about this thread alone... Thank God for Gmail bundling everything from one sender into a single email
smh.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

would you rather be GOD in Cleveland or GOD in NYC?
laugh.gif

two totally different things....

would it be more of a headache? of course it would! would it be harder for him? maybe. but the reward is gigantic. if he wins 1 in CLE he needs to start going after kobe and Mike. if he wins one in NYC he's good forever. clothing lines, returants, bars, more movies/books, free whatever the hell he wants for the rest of his natural life

high risk high reward. The media is the media. They will kill him even if he does well. newspapers are dying, they need a headline to sell. If that is what keeps him from comng then he would have never made it to begin with. some can deal with it and some can't

most fans were dying when Pat got traded. People love Ewing and Starks these days. Even after Starks shot us out of a chip. He is loved at the garden. it would just take time.

May god strike me dead if LeBron and Chris Bosh dont equate to a top 3 or 4 team in the NBA.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif

mad.gif

help
laugh.gif

Every time you go to Add Reply you have to uncheck the "Subscribe to this topic" box.

Dade, is Haslem still going to be there.

damn so i have uncheck subscribe everytime i post?
mad.gif

Al3xis wrote:
He'd have a 2 to 3 year window that he would get a pass for.

I really don't think some of you understand how much relevance is just wanted again and for competitive basketball to be played in MSG. that's not just the fans, that's the media as well.

Ok, so take that 2-3 year window.  Now he's 28-29.  With 10 years of tread on the tires and a whole lotta minutes/games including playoff games.  And yet, no titles. The Knicks would be real good regular season players, but come playoff time, not so sure.  Cleveland is the only example you need if they go over 120 wins in back to back years with back to back MVP's and can't even make the finals both times.  That's Suns status right there. 

Now I do understand that Knicks games would be an event again.  And it would be HUGE for them as a big market, that could help out a lil bit, I do see that.  But if he flames out tonight or Sunday it will take a title for me to trust in his greatness.  Nothing less.  And that really is non negotiable. 

Proshares wrote:
Cake, if they lose this year you'll see the @*%% storm that Cleveland will hail down on him.  It already started with them questioning his heart and his desire to win after losing a game, not the series.  In NYC it'll be worse if it were to happen, I will give you that.  But it ain't all sunshine and rainbows over there either.  They've been happy with just contending in the past, not anymore.  That city wants to win BAD.

Yea I see it coming but they're delusional right now, he's playing with a bunch of "So & So's" and Antwain Jamison, if he wins with that crew he's on Hakeems level in terms of acheiving a ring while playing without another superstar.  The only person I can remember ever doing it, not even Jeffrey was able to accomplish that.  The average fan this day in age is on the highest scale possible of irrational hedonism. 

CP1708 wrote:
  But it's proven already, it doesn't really matter, Bron isn't the God everyone thinks he is. 

No shot at you but this is exactly what I'm talking about. Can't even enjoy the insanely freakish things he does on a nightly basis without these type of comments based on 3 games. Sad.

DubA169 wrote:

Later on you stated...

would you rather be GOD in Cleveland or GOD in NYC?
laugh.gif

two totally different things....

would it be more of a headache? of course it would! would it be harder for him? maybe. but the reward is gigantic. if he wins 1 in CLE he needs to start going after kobe and Mike. if he wins one in NYC he's good forever. clothing lines, returants, bars, more movies/books, free whatever the hell he wants for the rest of his natural life

high risk high reward. The media is the media. They will kill him even if he does well. newspapers are dying, they need a headline to sell. If that is what keeps him from comng then he would have never made it to begin with. some can deal with it and some can't

most fans were dying when Pat got traded. People love Ewing and Starks these days. Even after Starks shot us out of a chip. He is loved at the garden. it would just take time.

Which is what would happen if he plays anywhere let alone in a major market it would be the Jordan Crawford fiasco on a weekly basis year in and year out.  Yea y'all might have cried after he was gone, but y'all gave him hell his entire career because he was losing to Jeffrey, Reggie, and then Hakeem... His ENTIRE Career.  It took for him to be out the door for y'all to realize what y'all had, who wants to endure something like that if they don't have to???  Also thats a DAMN lie about him winning one and being legendary if it happens in NYC, he'd be legendary to NYC and thats it to the rest of the world he'd be a superstar who got one ring, he'd be in a category a few notches above the one Dwayne Wade is currently in. He would STILL need to chase Kobe and Jeffrey, moreso Jeffrey than Kobe because Bean was the 2nd fiddle during his 1st 3 (not to turn this into that)...   To be considered a Legend as soon as his playing days were over he would need a couple regardless of where he was playing.  So everything in that later post was MALARKEY, Straight NYC fanboy talk.

The idea of starting from scratch (sort of) intrigues LeBron a lot in New York if you ask me.

Regardless of where he goes, he's a guaranteed 50 wins in the regular season and strong conference contender. He might have to wait a year (depending on who else signs with NY) then they'll be a bona fide title contender.

May god strike me dead if LeBron and Chris Bosh dont equate to a top 3 or 4 team in the NBA.

laugh.gif
They would be very good evenutally, if such a scenario happen.

But in the meantime? you're not going anywhere with two stars and absolute trash, bruh. And is Lebron even content with having two or three 'grace period' years?

I mean there's no viable center or point guard on the entire roster. That's two major holes, man. Not to mention the bench, my goodness.

This the thing: The Knicks only have raw capspace for two max slots and NOTHING else. The rest of the roster would have to be filled with 7 or 8 Greg Kites. They don't have any draft picks, and are extremely bare on trading assets.

And again, who is New York going to trade to Toronto in a sign and trade for Bosh? They have nothing. They don't even have draft picks!

Originally Posted by CP1708

Bron isn't the God everyone thinks he is.  New york could be the one gettin set up pretty soon.  We shall see.  

Are you talking about ithat hunger and desire to win and that killer obsession to want to win by any means necessary? I agree with that. We haven't seen it yet.

Cake, I love watchin the guy.  Make no mistake.  But his people run rampant thru this country.  They lose their damn mind every time he hits a 20 footer.  They been in my ear for years now about how great he is, who he's better then, etc etc etc.  And yet, he can't win.  And they come with excuse after excuse after excuse.  For that, I find it hard to root for the guy. 

I have no illusions that he is Harold Miner or anything like that, but I DEMAND titles to prove your greatness.  We're not talking about Jordan Farmar's legacy or anything, I know plenty of scrubs win titles, but when we want to talk about the elite of the elite, the greatest of the great, then you have to EARN that, not have it bestowed upon you.  Bron fans don't seem to have figured that out. 

So trust me, I am not basing anything off 3 games.  No, far from it.  I'm basing off 7 NBA years of waiting and after 3 years of hearing about "this chosen one from Ohio" before that.  Frankly, I'm tired of waiting.  I realize full well he could drop 50 like it was nothing tonight.  Or he could go away for the summer, no handshakes and all.  It could go either way.  And then we'll see what he's really all about. 

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

To be considered a Legend as soon as his playing days were over he would need a couple regardless of where he was playing.  So everything in that later post was MALARKEY, Straight NYC fanboy talk.

his legacy will be fine if he just wins 1. his long term money ventures would be intact too. The media IS new york. i promise you that's the narrative they will paint.

lets say he wins 3 in NYC then his body falls apart and he's done. The push for "greatest ever" will be there. they will say he played next to nobody for 7 years under a terrible coach mike brown. no second option. his "real" career started when he got legit pieces around him. Sane people will think it's dumb because Mike was obviously better. but that's just how it is with the media. people have short memories

they will start pounding it into your head that he's the greatest just like they do now already.

the media thig is overstated. have you watched TV the last 2 days. he's getting killed. In CLE there are plenty of people straight up saying he THREW THE GAME
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom