:: Official 2010 NBA Free Agency Thread ::

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Cp,

give me a list of teams that would be better than the Knicks with LeBron and Bosh..

LA and Orlando...who else?
Miami with D.Wade, Amare, and possibly Joe Johsnon(should Riley decide to trade or dump Beasley for nothing more than pure capspace) would most certainly be better in my opinion.
roll.gif

so miami going to win playing 3 on 5 bball?

Some Knicks fans think they're going to win playing 2 on 5 ball. *shrugs*

And I'd take 3 all stars and trash over two all stars and trash. Hell, Wade won 47 games with absolute trash this year. I'm sure he'd do quite well with two capable all stars.

And I'm not saying I'd like Miami to go that route. I wouldn't personally go that route, though. I was just throwing out the hypothetical.

I rather re-sign Wade, and one of Amare/Bosh and fill out the roster with capable role players. Be it Re-signing guys like Haslem, and Dorell Wright and Q-Rich etc, or going in another direction.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

So, this reaches 13 pages before the Conference Finals even start?
roll.gif

If Cleveland loses tonight, I expect this thread to be up to 35 pages.

Before the NBA finals.

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

LOL at people putting Utah, OKC, Miami, or any of those teams above a Knicks team that would have both Bosh and Bron.

Cmon now - superstar league, and with TWO - they would be the cream of the crop.

Um,  Last time I checked  Dwyane Wade is one of the biggest superstars in this league. Not to mention, a former champion and Finals MVP. And I'd say Miami has a pretty good shot at getting Amare or Bosh themselves.

New York isn't the only team with cap flexiblity.
I agree that if D Wade gets some help, it would be another story.  He's actually my favorite of the 3, including Lebron, bc Wade has that killer instinct.  Assuming he doesnt get any help though, is how i made my post

We forget he's 25.

I've read on here that tonight is 'legacy defining' and that is just crazy talk. He needs to win titles, and I think he will. Less than 3 would be a failure.

And Gallinari, Chandler and Toney Douglas are 'absolute trash' while using a name like Mario Chalmers in a positive light? I don't see that.

We all have different opinions but my expectations would be if LeBron and Bosh DID come to NY, I'd expect to be in the ECF in year 1. I wouldn't kill them if they weren't, but that would be my expectation.

Mario Chalmers comes off the bench for Miami. Toney Douglas would be relied apon as the Knicks starter. There's the difference.

Miami has another 9-10 million to work with after signing Two maxes(one of those being Wade), to help sign capable point guard  -- Say a Raymond Felton, and or a Center.

New York doesn't.
Douglas plays real good Defense though. and he averaged 14ppg since he began getting burn..

Chalmers... couldn't even start over Arroyo

& New York has something just as good as an additional 9-10 that Miami does with a $11.2M contract..

1 - We can just let it expire and go after Melo
2 - Trade for cap space
3 - Trade for a deeper bench
4 - We can try and trade it this off-season...if that fails then by the deadline (Which i doubt).. IF that fails then let it expire and still win...

Originally Posted by CP1708

If Bron walks to the Knicks, then he's about money and not winning.  I'm saying it now. 

Allen thinks whatever team Bron goes too is a contender, well, I been sayin for how many years the Cavs aren't contenders.  And they at least have tried to fill out that roster 1-12 to help him and get close. 

The Knicks can't do that in one offseason.  They won't be able to get 11 other capable guys to put around Bron and since he already can't get to the finals with the team Cleveland has built for him, what makes everyone think he could pull it off in New York? 

I understand his marketing angles and the attention he certainly craves and will receive going to New York, but he will kill any arguments about his "desire" to win.  Because it won't happen. 
You're  better then that CP.

and 2 on 5 ball? who ever said that? we do have other players on our team, as if miami was to max out 2 FAs, and resign wade, they wouldnt have much to work if, although you could go over your cap to resign your own players.

While NY has very little assets to work with, im really interested in what would happen in Lee. The most highly predicted scenario would be a S&T for bosh, although i dont see it happening at all. my typical scenario would be getting rubio, bron, haywood, and resign walker.

I want to get into this thread but I'm still in NFL mode.

I'll be in this joint soon BSing with the rest of ya'll
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

CP THOSE WERE CAVS FANS

do you know how many regular NT people were laughing about the cavs" POWER MOVES"? yes you do, because there were plenty. Just because the media has been stuffing the cavs down your throat doesn't mean they were supposed to win.

how can you not understand that he needs a real #2? yes he can do that in new york if Bosh comes. How the hell would that laker team do without Pau? how would that laker team of yours do with mike brown instead of a top 3 coach of all time?

who is the 2nd best player on the cavs? who is his go to guy?
I don't care, EVERYONE was jumpin up and down when they got Jamison.  Media, NT, everybody.  Even I said they went from contenders to maybe contenders, especially if they got Z back for nothin ON TOP of getting Jamison. 

EVERYONE gassed that deal up. 

Now we laughed at the power moves of Moon and Parker and all that, yes, but once they got Jamison and Hickson was playin well, peeps were losin their minds. 

all i remember about that deal was me jumping up for joy because they got antwon instead of Amare

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

God forbis LeBron have a bad game...At the end of the day, LeBrion can't be at 5 different places on the court at the same time.  His team suck and so does his coach.  Boston has 4 of the 5 best players in this series, they should win. You need two stars in this league to it done period.
BULL @#$%.  These people been stompin around thru NT ALL YEAR LONG, this team is different, this year diff, power moves, we got Shaq, we got Jamison, Hickson Hickson Hickson, best bench in the league, MVP MVP MVP we the @#$%, we're the @#$%, we beat the elite teams now too, last year we didn't. 

ALL YEAR LONG they claimed this crap.

Now they on the brink, and it's oh well, Lebron can't do it all by himself.  He's done all he can do.  @#$% that.  They were good enough to win over 120 games in two seasons, they CRUISE thru the lesser playoff teams like the Bulls, the Hawks, the Pistons last year.  Once they hit a decent team, they fall apart?  And that's not Bron's fault, at all?  

Now he could go to the Knicks, and it'll all be different?  THEN he'll get a team to the promised land? 
eyes.gif
  Yeah, ok, sure he will. 

So just because some morons say somethin it holds some weight.  For the record, I have had Cleveland losin to Orlando in the semi's once again since the start of the season.  The team has been trash to be I never saw how getting an arthritic, obese Shaq helped or how a 34 year PF who was never really an all-star caliber player in his prime put him over the edge.  I never saw how this team was different from last year.  They did the same exact thin as last year but at the end of the day they still lacked the same fundamental flaw as last year which was they didn't have another guy who could create for himself.  LeBron is arguably the greatest open court player in the history of the game yet he plays for one of the slowest team in the league.  He is routinely help back by his teammates and coaches.

And now one game turns him into Karl Malone
laugh.gif
.  That's pure #$+!.  If he goes to Chicago like he prolly should, I would put everything I owjn on the core of him Rose and Noah winnin at least 3 chips together.  And if he come to the Knicks he will leave NBew York with multiple rigns as well.  There are two many big free agents in the next couple of year even if one of the guys this summer declines to join him.  Plus people are making Eddy Curry jokes when that contract is an asset this year for teams who will want his expiring contract. LeBron has the chance to build a team from scrtach around him to fit his style of play.  In an uptemo offense, Bron will come close to averagin a triple-doubkle.

^
Ok, then for your all's sakes, I hope he goes to New York and runs an uptempo offense.  So we can see if it truly works. 

I honestly hope for an assassin night tonight outta him.  Win or lose don't matter really, but he needs to come out with murder in his eyes.  He does that, I'll be happy. 

^
Ok, then for your all's sakes, I hope he goes to New York Chicago and runs an uptempo offense.  So we can see if it truly works. 

I honestly hope for an assassin night tonight outta him.  Win or lose don't matter really, but he needs to come out with murder in his eyes.  He does that, I'll be happy. 

I Agree.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

^
Ok, then for your all's sakes, I hope he goes to New York Chicago and runs an uptempo offense.  So we can see if it truly works. 

I Agree.
pimp.gif

great minds think alike seymore

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

^

I Agree.
pimp.gif

great minds think alike seymore

CP save it IF the cavs get eliminated

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
God forbis LeBron have a bad game...At the end of the day, LeBrion can't be at 5 different places on the court at the same time.  His team suck and so does his coach.  Boston has 4 of the 5 best players in this series, they should win. You need two stars in this league to it done period.

you trippin' bron does have a better cast more than hes ever had....but theyre just not as good as boston or orlando...smh at you guys already calling this series done

a lot of funny stuff can happen tonight...its not over for the cavs yet hell its probably going 7

Cake, I don't see how you're against getting Wade but want LeBron. I remember we talked about this in the last thread about the Bulls and Wade but wouldn't Bron do the same thing to hinder Rose?

The thing I've always maintained is that...win or lose...that Cavs team is NOT built for longevity, and that's what I think will matter at the end of the day.

I have a feeling that Riley is gonna have a sit down with Wade, bosh and another guy. the guy that is both of their agents. Maybe talk about getting paid a couple mills less that they can make up from saving on taxes to bring in another all star.. JJ?

I logged into say

I have a good feeling that tonight this thread will become the C' Vs Cavs game thread... I hope not. But if the cavs lose this game.thats what it will become..

I'm out

on with the F'urry

According to @PDcavsinsider, LeBron may see time at PG, which is exactly where D'Antoni (and Calipari) would play him.

Unlike the New York media, the Scores gentlemen's club in New York (the website's surprisingly safe for work) and general manager Ed Norwick have stepped up and made an offer that might be hard for LeBron refuse. Because free lap dances for life is the gift you get the person who has everything. "I'm tired of going to Knicks games and ... well, going to Knicks games." Norwick told FanHouse over the phone. "This is serious. He'd have open access to Scores -- I'll even bring him in through a private entrance if he wants." FanHouse

Norwick confirmed that James would have unlimited access to the ladies of Scores for the rest of his life once a contract with the Knicks was signed, pointing out that the lifetime access " ... might push him over the top ... if it's just about the money he wouldn't come [to New York]." Norwick also told FanHouse that additionally, James would also get a lifetime of complimentary dinners at Robert's Restagurant, which would allow him to "come in and have a girl feed him topless ... or get a lap dance between courses." FanHouse

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So this is NOT a rumor
roll.gif

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

According to @PDcavsinsider, LeBron may see time at PG, which is exactly where D'Antoni (and Calipari) would play him.

Unlike the New York media, the Scores gentlemen's club in New York (the website's surprisingly safe for work) and general manager Ed Norwick have stepped up and made an offer that might be hard for LeBron refuse. Because free lap dances for life is the gift you get the person who has everything. "I'm tired of going to Knicks games and ... well, going to Knicks games." Norwick told FanHouse over the phone. "This is serious. He'd have open access to Scores -- I'll even bring him in through a private entrance if he wants." FanHouse

Norwick confirmed that James would have unlimited access to the ladies of Scores for the rest of his life once a contract with the Knicks was signed, pointing out that the lifetime access " ... might push him over the top ... if it's just about the money he wouldn't come [to New York]." Norwick also told FanHouse that additionally, James would also get a lifetime of complimentary dinners at Robert's Restagurant, which would allow him to "come in and have a girl feed him topless ... or get a lap dance between courses." FanHouse

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So this is NOT a rumor
roll.gif

If Bron don't sign with the Knicks after this, new rumors bout to get started.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

New Yorkers are so funny. 

See the beauty of LeBron is that he's naturally unselfish he gets his rocks off on passing just as much if not more than he does scoring. Plus he's 6' 8" 260 and with the speed fo a mongoose not to mention he's the best player in the game. #kanyeshrug

He's the one person you can't say no to... UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. EVER.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 @ this being 14 pages already.

smh.gif
 @ having 800+ new e-mails in my inbox.

Yuku blows.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Who's the best player on the Cavs after Lebron?
Antawn Jamison.
Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Cp,

give me a list of teams that would be better than the Knicks with LeBron and Bosh..

LA and Orlando...who else?

OKC (they should just continue to get better)

Miami (should be as good if they get someone to pair with Wade-have more cap space to work with this and next year)

Chicago (depending on who they get as well)

Boston
Utah
Denver
Bulls? 
laugh.gif

Celtics?
laugh.gif

Jazz?
laugh.gif

Nuggets?
laugh.gif

Is this a joke? The Knicks will be the second best team in the Eastern Conference if they rake in Lebron James and Chris Bosh. The Boston Celtics proved in 07-08 that you can throw together a few superstars and be an elite team in year one. And considering that they did that under Doc Rivers... it's scary to think what James and Bosh could do under a quality coach like Mike D'Antoni (yes, he's a quality coach despite not winning much) especially since D'Antoni's system would maximize Lebron's productivity.

Everyone was saying when the Celtics traded for Allen and Garnett "how will they have enough money left to get some other quality role players?" Well, they went out and got Eddie House, James Posey, and then Sam Cassell for half a season. Reason? Those role players bit the bullet because they wanted to play with a team like Garnett-Pierce-Allen. And Garnett and Allen were both past their prime... you don't think some quality role players would want to go to New York to play with Chris Bosh (in his prime) and Lebron James (in his prime or maybe still has his prime ahead of him, scary to think). You'd be out of your damn mind if you don't think so. So basically, that whole "how can a team of 2 players win anything?" is complete BS.
Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I'm sorry, butBron+Bosh+Gallo+Chandler doesn't scare anyone.
Lies.

Back
Top Bottom