:: Official 2010 NBA Free Agency Thread ::

If Bron walks to the Knicks, then he's about money and not winning.  I'm saying it now. 

Allen thinks whatever team Bron goes too is a contender, well, I been sayin for how many years the Cavs aren't contenders.  And they at least have tried to fill out that roster 1-12 to help him and get close. 

The Knicks can't do that in one offseason.  They won't be able to get 11 other capable guys to put around Bron and since he already can't get to the finals with the team Cleveland has built for him, what makes everyone think he could pull it off in New York? 

I understand his marketing angles and the attention he certainly craves and will receive going to New York, but he will kill any arguments about his "desire" to win.  Because it won't happen. 

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

How tall you think Gallinari is homie? 

Eh, I wouldn't make the comparison my dude.

The Magic lineup is SLIGHTLY unconventional with Lewis starting. But it's able work effectively only due to the fact that the Magic have the best rebounder, and shot blocker in the world protecting him defensively. Who are the Knicks going to start at center? Exactly.

My point is...when you're 6'10 you can get away with playing the 4. Doesn't matter who you are and who's next to you. In fact Gallinari played the 4 at the end of the season and I didn't see anyone taking advantage of him. I didn't say they'd be like Orlando. As for who'd start next to him...possibly Bosh...or whoever else they felt like spending money on to get there. Bottom line is if you get Lebron in NY...guys are going to want to go there and play with him.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Not to disrespect the Knicks, because I do it enough as is, but if he was to go there no matter what Bron acomplished there he'd still be second fiddle. He'd be 2nd to the City itself, and this is what I mean by that: In NYC its always about the next thing.  He'd be 2nd to their history, they've had sooooooooo many great player come through that city in every single that he'd just be another notch on bed post.  As far as his own sport goes he'd be 2nd to his arena, when you think of the Knicks you think of the Garden, and then the players come a distant 2nd, point blank period.  You think of the things that happened in the Garden, then you think Willis Reed and the injury, Then Pat, Walt Clyde Frazier's sideburns, Bernard King etc.  Whereas Mike has made the United Center and he's made Gund Arena its the complete opposite The Garden made the Knicks.  And this is theeeeeee only place/team that's like that, where the Arena is more important than the team and players and it'll always be that way.  So for someone who you say wants to be the "Center" of it all, its impossible to acheive that in NYC its too much going against you.
you're kinda reaching here.  he isn't playing second fiddle to anything if he comes here.  are you trying to say the mystique of the garden would keep LeBron from playing in new york?

Yeah I can't see Lebron being "second fiddle" to anything in New York. He'd literally be the mayor in that city. God forbid he brought them a championship.

Originally Posted by CP1708

And they at least have tried to fill out that roster 1-12 to help him and get close. 

Difference is, they've tried to give him a good supporting cast over seven years and have failed miserably each time.  What they failed to do in seven years with LeBron, Walsh can muster up in two years max.  I have no doubt in that.  Maybe it's this offseason he puts him next to another superstar and next offseason he fills the roster out completey to his goal.  But they'll put something better around him in a shorter period of time.  And this is not to say that what the Knicks have now is better than what the Cavs have now sans LeBron.  It's more speaking to the fact of Donnie's plan to get people and the willingness of people to come play with LeBron in New York if the Knicks happen to get him.

Cake, I think you're reaching a little with that "second fiddle to the City" thing.  I can see where it's coming from but I don't think it'll be true.

To speak on the Clippers, an athletic 3 puts them in a great position next year IF Davis is healthy and shows some kind of desire to play and Griffin is healthy.

if lebron does come here i dont think him & noah would bump heads.......& flip might be gone so no need for a new # for him....... we will see what happenes

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Originally Posted by chicksNkicks

8 pages and nobody mentioned Lebron to the Clips?
nerd.gif

If anything Joe Johnson is going to the Clippers
First time I've agreed with Mateen Cleaves in a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile...
laugh.gif

Whoever MAXES out Joe Johnson is committing franchise suicide for 10+ years...
nerd.gif
IM NOT MATEEN CLEAVES!!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

anyways im 100% sure Joe Johnson is going to the Clippers. I JUST KNOW IT

I can definitely see this happening

I don't think anyone is saying that Bron and Noah will bump heads or that Bron will bump heads with anyone. If you're going to put Bron on a team with Rose and expect Rose to still flourish the way he has it's not going to happen and without an interior scoring presence, I don't see that team going any further than the Cavs team of today.

If the Bulls manage to get a Bosh/Amare and an outside shooter like Johnson or Allen, it'll do them a lot better than getting Wade or Bron. The team would be more complete IMO.

Im a New Yorker, and i agree with most of what seymore cake said.

Hes literally a GOD in Clevland, in NY he'll be a hired gun.

I mean if it all plays out perfectly, he comes here and wins back to back chips..Hell yeah he'll be immortalized forever.

But if he doesnt, he'll be torn to shreds.....which i would hate to see.

If he stays in Clevland he'll be a hometown hero, no matter what happens.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I don't think anyone is saying that Bron and Noah will bump heads or that Bron will bump heads with anyone. If you're going to put Bron on a team with Rose and expect Rose to still flourish the way he has it's not going to happen and without an interior scoring presence, I don't see that team going any further than the Cavs team of today.

If the Bulls manage to get a Bosh/Amare and an outside shooter like Johnson or Allen, it'll do them a lot better than getting Wade or Bron. The team would be more complete IMO.

& all that is doable getting amare/bosh/or even jj is all very doable.......drop deng pick up amara...give ray allen the mle & BAM Eastern Confrenece Champs

Originally Posted by raw120

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Not to disrespect the Knicks, because I do it enough as is, but if he was to go there no matter what Bron acomplished there he'd still be second fiddle. He'd be 2nd to the City itself, and this is what I mean by that: In NYC its always about the next thing.  He'd be 2nd to their history, they've had sooooooooo many great player come through that city in every single that he'd just be another notch on bed post.  As far as his own sport goes he'd be 2nd to his arena, when you think of the Knicks you think of the Garden, and then the players come a distant 2nd, point blank period.  You think of the things that happened in the Garden, then you think Willis Reed and the injury, Then Pat, Walt Clyde Frazier's sideburns, Bernard King etc.  Whereas Mike has made the United Center and he's made Gund Arena its the complete opposite The Garden made the Knicks.  And this is theeeeeee only place/team that's like that, where the Arena is more important than the team and players and it'll always be that way.  So for someone who you say wants to be the "Center" of it all, its impossible to acheive that in NYC its too much going against you.
you're kinda reaching here.  he isn't playing second fiddle to anything if he comes here.  are you trying to say the mystique of the garden would keep LeBron from playing in new york?

No I'm not saying that at all, if anything thats an added bonus towards bringing him there, y'all have just as good of a chance if not better than anyone else. What I was saying is that he's never going to be the center of attention he'll never be "The One".  NIKE tried to make it seem as if playing in Chicago wouldn't be an option because he would playing in MJ's shadow and him wanting to make his own legacy/brand, playing in Chicago would defeat that purpose.

When most sports fans think of the Knicks what do they think of? Madison Square Garden
When people think of NYC? Its too much going on to center it on any one thing and if is ever is sports that first come to mind if it is its the Yankee's. I can't see him being the face of that city, I mean Jeter's got 5 titles, mvp's, countless all star apperances... he's has been there his entire career and he isn't the face of the city.  My whole point with that is that he won't be the first major star/top athlete of his sport to come to the city, hell A Rod just did that what 3yrs ago and he's just part of the club now nothing stand out about him even though he's amazing. You just become another star amongst stars was my point. Which in itself is also defeating that very purpose.

As for who'd start next to him...possibly Bosh...or whoever else they felt like spending money on to get there.
  Here's a little tidbit on Chris Bosh that everyone needs to know going  forward:

Chris Bosh is NOT leaving Toronto without a SIGN & TRADE.

Toronto owns his "bird rights", as they can pay him 30 more million in guranteed money on a 'Max' contract. In no way shape or form is leaving that money on the table, to sign somewhere else outright thru free agency  Bosh isn't someone who can afford to do that. Not like a Bron who is pretty much set to gross 100+ million off the court, and can afford to leave that guranteed cake.

He's going to work with Toronto's GM (Colangelo), and they're going to make something work for both parties., should he decide to leave. The Knicks are EXTREMELY bare on assets in terms of trades.  As they already traded their 2011 unprotected pick to Houston to get rid of Jared Jeffries. So I could definitely see Toronto playing hardball there....

Forget being a king, he will be a GOD in New York..you people don't even understand what's about to happen in that city if he comes. if he wins just one chip in the next 6 years he won't be 2nd fiddle to anything. he will be a legend forever on that day. no matter what happens in the rest of his career. . he would be 10 times more popular than Jeter ever was.

don't forget that theres a basketball court every 10 blocks in each direction. this is NYC. the yankees have won all the championships over the years but it's still a basketball city. This is "our" sport. the people in NYC have said "I pick you" to lebron for 2 or 3 years now. the city would shut down if he came. Before he even played a game.

As for who'd start next to him...possibly Bosh...or whoever else they felt like spending money on to get there.
  Here's a little tidbit on Chris Bosh that everyone needs to know going  forward:

Toronto owns his "bird rights", as they can pay him 30 more million in guranteed money on a 'Max' contract. In no way shape or form is leaving that money on the table, to sign somewhere else outright thru free agency  Bosh isn't someone who can afford to do that. Not like a Bron who is pretty much set to gross 100+ million off the court, and can afford to leave that guranteed cake.

He's going to work with Toronto's GM (Colangelo), and they're going to make something work for both parties., should he decide to leave. The Knicks are EXTREMELY bare on assets in terms of trades.  As they already traded their 2011 unprotected pick to Houston to get rid of Jared Jeffries. So I could definitely see Toronto playing hardball there....

nerd.gif
 Hopefully the Raptors get suckered into taking Bynum this summer.

Yep, that's part of the intrigue this offseason.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

You can't use the MLE if you're already under the cap. . .
laugh.gif
 This thread is definitely going to be frusturating for someone like you and I, because some of these cats don't know a whole about how the NBA Salary Cap works. I'll do my best to help correct people hrough-out this thread....

While this is very true, I wouldn't expect whoever Bosh decides to sign to give up more than a trade exception and crappy picks. Ex: T-Mac and Raptors, Rashard and Sonics, K-Mart and the Nets, etc.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

You can't use the MLE if you're already under the cap. . .
laugh.gif
 This thread is definitely going to be frusturating for someone like you and I, because some of the cats don't know a whole about how the NBA Salary Cap works.
laugh.gif

Really curious to see what Joe Johnson & Amare do. Hope Jay-z & The Illuminati can persuade Lebron to sign with the Nets
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

nerd.gif
 Hopefully the Raptors get suckered into taking Bynum this summer.

Ain't gonna happen
laugh.gif
.  I could see Houston.  Hill/Scola would fit nicely next to Bargnani.  So would Lee.  Although, they'd probably have to swing Chandler and a 2nd rounder in the deal.  Houston has all our damn draft picks though
laugh.gif
{

Originally Posted by DubA169

Forget being a king, he will be a GOD in New York..you people don't even understand what's about to happen in that city if he comes. if he wins just one chip in the next 6 years he won't be 2nd fiddle to anything. he will be a legend forever on that day. no matter what happens in the rest of his career. . he would be 10 times more popular than Jeter ever was.

don't forget that theres a basketball court every 10 blocks in each direction. this is NYC. the yankees have won all the championships over the years but it's still a basketball city. This is "our" sport. the people in NYC have said "I pick you" to lebron for 2 or 3 years now. the city would shut down if he came. Before he even played a game.
Just curious...what if he does come and still doesn't end up winning anything?

Originally Posted by Twig1026

Really curious to see what Joe Johnson & Amare do. Hope Jay-z & The Illuminati can persuade Lebron to sign with the Nets
laugh.gif

10pgs deep & someone finally bring's up jayz/illumani/nets/brooklyn thing........cue joker gif... AND..... HERE>>>>>WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cp,

give me a list of teams that would be better than the Knicks with LeBron and Bosh..

LA and Orlando...who else?

DubA169 wrote:

If you say so...  Considering the fact that he's a GOD where he is already, he's the face of an entire state (granted its ohio but still he's from ohio) he's the states entire hope, they have 1 championship to their entire profession existence he's the hope for their first in 50 years and first in the Cav's franchise history.  Seeing as how everyone has been talking about how big his ego is, I would think that bringing a franchise its first ever title would trump bringing the Knicks their 2nd in terms of stroking one's ego to be known as the first in history... Then when you add on the pressure that comes from NYC and the way turns on people at the drop of a dime, how y'all %!++!@@ on Pat year in and year out that he didn't get it done whereas in CLE they're just happy to be in contention and have the chance so he has a much longer leash... It would appear to be much more headache than its worth.  I'm not saying, I'm Just Sayin...  

Originally Posted by Proshares

Is anyone else getting automatically subscribed to topics?  I keep getting emails every time someone posts in this thread
laugh.gif

I had 51 emails about this thread alone... Thank God for Gmail bundling everything from one sender into a single email
smh.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom