:: Official 2010 NBA Free Agency Thread ::

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Already reports of amare wanting to stay

No there isn't. Not from Amare's camp atleast.

As a matter fact, Amare was most recently quoted as saying "It's 50/50" that he stays with PHX. And that was after they went up 3-0 on the Spurs. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

And he along with his agent have vehemently put off all contract talks until the summer. He's been non-commital AT BEST.

He wants his paper moreso than anything. And Robert Sarver (Suns owner) is as FRUGAL as they come. Very unlikely he'd pay Amare 100 Million. He's as worse as Donald Sterling. Amare has also been very disrespected over the two years with the trade rumors as well. He wasn't too pleased at the trade deadline, and was ready to bounce then.

And it's not PHX is winning the title. They aren't beating the Lakers. So....

And Miami WORSE case scneario is Carlos Boozer. Who as most know, would give his left nut to be in Miami. Dude has tried to $!%%! himself to Miami via trade the past two years. And he's a 19/11 on 55% shooting player. So that's not too shabby.

The summer of 2010 is going to be a battle of Pitchmen. And at the end of the day? I'll take Pat Riley and his hall of fame credentials over what any other team has as a recruiter.

Not to mention South Beach. Black professional athletes kryptonite.
laugh.gif

Yea, been talking about Boozer and Miami for a couple years now it seems
laugh.gif

Any chance Boozer stays put in Utah or is that just dead now?

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif

I THINK BOOZER STAYING IS PRBLY 50/50 JUST LIKE AMARE

laugh.gif

With their luxury tax issues and Millsap prime for starter minutes, I think he's as good as gone.

laugh.gif

That boy is GONE. He's wanted out of Utah for the past 2 seasons, he's Miami's if they want him so they can afford to court both Amare and Bosh, and if they burn them they have Carlos in their back pocket. Must be nice.

Joe was just complaining about lack of fan support now all of a sudden he wouldn't mind playing in Mia with Dwyane even though they hardly ever sell out/drape black curtains up to hide the empty seats???
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Chicityk7

LEBRON TO CHI???????

rose
hinrich
lebron
deng
noah

pimp.gif

if i were the coach.. i would start gibson over deng.. deng would still get around 20 mins.. but my starters would be noah-gibson-bron-hinrich-rose.. assuming they didnt get someone else too (bosh or joe johnson)

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

laugh.gif

With their luxury tax issues and Millsap prime for starter minutes, I think he's as good as gone.

Agreed.

Millsap will do just fine in his position.

If Boozer doesn't end up in Miami, I could see him in Chicago, New Jersey or even Washington. 

i wonder if the thunder will do anything.. good to know we have dead weight coming off the books..

Oklahoma City Thunder
Restricted: None
Unrestricted: Ryan Bowen, Matt Harpring (retired), Nenad Krstic (P), Kevin Ollie, Etan Thomas

Who has the most cap space for this summer? Miami, Chicago or NYK?

Here's what I think will happen:

Bron (provided CLE gets eliminated tomorrow): Chicago
Wade: Miami
Bosh: Miami
Amare: NYK
Joe Johnson: NYK
Ray Allen: Chicago (although I would LOVE for him to come to the Lakers)
Dirk: Dallas although maybe Rashard and Gortat in sign and trade
Pierce: Boston

miami is the best place to go if you can't handle pressure but want a chance to win.

*Bookmarked*

This thread will be epic.
laugh.gif

The only big name free agents I can see leaving are Bosh, Amare, Boozer, Johnson and Gay.

I really hope some team isn't stupid enough to give Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay a max contract.

Originally Posted by toine2983

*Bookmarked*

This thread will be epic.
laugh.gif

The only big name free agents I can see leaving are Bosh, Amare, Boozer, Johnson and Gay.

I really hope some team isn't stupid enough to give Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay a max contract.

someone is always willing to throw a big contract @ someone who doesnt deserve it...see bulls & ben wallace

IF the Suns make it to the Finals, Amare has to be brought back.

Even now, a WCF appearance, don't they have to bring him back? Nash, Hill, etc ain't getting any younger, and Amare fits that system perfectly. I mean, they kept him this long already with chances of trading him but didn't.

Ray would be a good look on the Bulls for the MLE. Ray for the MLE period is a good look for a team, IMO. 7-8-9M and it's overpaying because of age.

I think NYK will overpay for JJ or Gay if they miss out on Lebron. I know NY fans like to think Walsh won't overpay this offseason if they can't get Lebron, but, can they tide over for another year in the dumps of HOPING to land Melo 2011? This after (assuming) they don't land Lebron. What would make Melo come on board, if Lebron won't.

Also, the picks they owe the Rockets hang over their head to not have a bottom dweller season. Especially since this lottery, the Jazz might strike it rich

Originally Posted by BangDak

My boy Milsap is going to straight up dominate once Boozer leaves. watch.

Don't know why they didn't just trade him when they could smh

Originally Posted by franchise3

What would make Melo come on board, if Lebron won't.

he wasn't born in Colorado. The entire economy isn't based on Carmelo Anthony. He wouldn't face backlash for leaving like bron. it's a totally differant circumstance.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by franchise3

What would make Melo come on board, if Lebron won't.

he wasn't born in Colorado. The entire economy isn't based on Carmelo Anthony. He wouldn't face backlash for leaving like bron. it's a totally differant circumstance.
Well he was born in Bk, then moved out :ohwell:(or so i heard)

Dont even talk about this years lotto pick
smh.gif
smh.gif

and, walsh is smarter then that to overpay Rudy or JJ.

Kiss my @#$ Mike, I want Ray Allen as a Laker. 
pimp.gif

Boozer is a damn bum, I wouldn't want nothin to do with that guy.  Same dude bolted on Clev with a young James there to take the money and run. 

Now he gonna bolt on D Will to get paid somewhere else again? 

He don't wanna win, he wants to be paid.  Whoever takes that guy, gets crossed off my list of contenders.  Jazz will be much better next season without him. 

LeBreezy ain't leaving Cleveland.

Why would he go to a team that isn't a playoff bound team at the moment?

I don't understand why dudes bring up Chicago out of ALL places as a realistic destination for Bron.  He will be in MJ's shadow there for ETERNITY no matter what he accomplishes.

I just think you can cross Chi-Town off Bron's list...he will be in NYC w/either Bosh/Amare/Wade or in Miami w/Wade. 

New Jersey/Brooklyn and staying in CLE being the dark horse(s)...

Back
Top Bottom