:: Official 2010 NBA Free Agency Thread ::

I just want us to sign Bosh and JJ (he doesn't have to worry about being the man and can still get his while playing with a *@!#!%@ crew)

Come On Reindorf you've %+%+$@ us for far too long not to give us this. YOU OWE US YOU GREEDY BASTARD!!!

I bet the Knicks get Bron. Miami will get Wade and Bosh. I'd like Dirk to opt out and sign elsewhere, but I just don't see it happening. He'll sign an extension I bet. Orlando fits because of Dwight, but no contracts/assets to get him in a s&t. Joe Johnson has that Brooklyn Nets feel to him. Boozer long gone from Utah.

We'll see how OKC will handle FA by what they do in the draft. They can't afford the draft pick cap holds if they want to sign a max guy.

A lot of this depends on how the season ends. Amare probably stays if they make the Finals or have a long series w/LAL and leaves if they get dismantled in 5 or less.

Rockets will get a big name with their s&t assets.

Realized Shaq will be a FA. I have no clue what his value would be.

its so exciting
happy.gif

One name that's rarely brought up as a potential free agent come July 1?

Paul Pierce.

But Pierce does have a $21.5 million player option for next season, and if he opts out, he would enter this summer's vaunted free-agency class.

He told the Boston Globe on Tuesday night he's yet to come to a decision: "Not at all. Everything's going to happen the way it's supposed to happen regardless of the direction the team has to go in. I'm fine with that. I told y'all I want to retire a Celtic. When the summer comes, we'll worry about that.

"I haven't really put no thought into it, truthfully. I haven't even taken one second to think about next month or next season. Right now the whole focus is the Cleveland Cavaliers, trying to advance, and win a championship."

Considering Pierce has played his whole career with the C's and $21.5 million is nothing to scoff at, it's possible Pierce would pick up the option -- especially if the Celtics keep playing well in the playoffs.

Yet, the new collective-bargaining agreement set for next summer -- one that could slash players' salaries -- could also be a factor in Pierce's decision.

If he opts out and re-signs with the team this summer, he could stand to make more per year than if he becomes a free agent in the summer of 2011 and looks for a new deal.

It's also possible the C's will extend Pierce's contract before the summer of 2011, ensuring him a solid payday.

With the Cavs' Game 5 loss to the Celtics last night, there's been some chatter about LeBron James' future.

If the Cavs end up losing this series -- after all, the team that wins Game 5 of a 2-2 series goes on to win the series 83 percent of the time -- questions will continue to arise as to whether LeBron will stay or go.

So as such, we'll reflect that, and touch on LeBron's future, one that appeared to be leaning towards Cleveland before last night's debacle.

Of course, there are the heavy hitters: The Knicks will likely make a strong push for the King, and the Bulls and Heat both have the cap space to make it work. The Clippers have the cap space and an opening at small forward, but their chances could be slim.

With a move to Brooklyn in a few seasons and new Russian owner Mikhail Prokhorov in tow, along with the possible selection of John Wall in the draft, the Nets will have some nice selling points.

And there's also a team like Dallas, who will have sign-and-trade options and the ability to play home games in the new Cowboys' stadium to sell to the King.

Of course, if the Cavs lose the series, LeBron could very well remain in Cleveland.

And if the Cavs go on to win this series, and perhaps even the title, then this could all be moot.

But for now, it will persist.
[h5]Johnson's options[/h5] 
The http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=miaMiami Heat are desperate to bring in a sidekick for http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1987Dwyane Wade and Hawks free agent-to-be Joe Johnson says he wouldn't mind filling that role.

"I played that role already," Johnson told The Miami Herald. "It doesn't matter. You can still make your stamp on the game. I could care less about being the one or two guy. I just want to win."

"That's a great situation -- you have to look at it," Johnson added. "I'm not saying I'll go play with him. But being a free agent, you pay attention to everybody's salary cap, what everybody can do."

With both players at shooting guard, this pairing seems to make little sense in Miami. It's more likely the team targets Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire or Carlos Boozer to play with Wade, but the paper reports there is "mutual interest."

Johnson is hoping to land a max contract, but some don't think he's worth it.

According to the Daily Herald, former NBA player Charles Barkley doesn't think Johnson is a max-salary player after watching him average 12.9 points and shoot 29.8 percent against Orlando.

"It hurt him badly," Barkley said Monday on TNT. "He already turned down $16 million a year and I clearly would take that off the table if I'm the Atlanta Hawks. A guy can't play like that and get $16 million a year. ... He clearly can't be your best player. If you give a guy $16 million he's got to be the best player on your team. I like Joe Johnson, he's a good player, but he's not a $16 million a year player on any team."
[h5]Johnson's options[/h5] 
With a disappointing playoff season in the recent past, it's only natural for speculation to begin regarding how the Spurs might be altered this offseason. Teams that have elite talent but no apparent shot at a title rarely sit still.

And while Spurs general manager R.C. Buford insists he wants point guard Tony Parker to be part of the club's future and he won't trade him, others aren't so sure. Bottom line: If Buford's stance changes, the GM won't have any trouble finding a team that wants the point guard. And already there are hints at suitors.

A source tells the New York Daily News that Gregg Popovich is so high on George Hill that Parker could be traded and that New York would be a good spot for Parker, who has a slashing style that would fit well in Mike D'Antoni's offensive system.

"Pop loves George and I could see a scenario where he would trade Tony," said a Spurs source. "Tony will be looking for a max deal and New York may pay him."

Parker's contract expires at the end of next season and he could come to New York through a trade or free agency if the Knicks don't spend all their cap room this summer.

Not something to bank on, but the fact that there's a lot more chatter on Parker's future outside of San Antonio is indicative of a situation most feel is pretty unsettled.

BTW CP your boy Hollinger has stated that LeBron's elbow is clearly to blame for him playing so poorly last night and the Cavs being down 3-2.  Figure I shouldn't post the excert
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Per my guy holdenmichael's request 
pimp.gif

grin.gif
 I mean....yeah Im glad we have this thread now.  But we have been requesting that a thread like this be made for the past 2 years, and all mods have done is ignore the request and lock the subsequent threads that the request was in.  
Could have eliminated all the stupid threads we have had for the past 24 months.....oh well.....better late then never I guess.  

Quantcast

Charlie Bell: If I'm Lebron, I would go to New York, if they can sign another big name free agent and can build a team around him. New York will spend it Twitter.com

& for the record if wade/lebron or rose/lebron wont work what make any of you think KD/Lebron will????????/ they both dominate the ball & its only ONE ball while a game is going on???????

Proshares wrote:

BTW CP your boy Hollinger has stated that LeBron's elbow is clearly to blame for him playing so poorly last night and the Cavs being down 3-2.  Figure I shouldn't post the excert
laugh.gif
You have got to be kidding me. 

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ KD doesn't dominate the ball at all. Most of his points are assisted.

& they both reqiure max money & i know lebron isnt taking a pay cut especially to got to a small market team like OKC...KD might take a cut but i seriously doubt Lebron will

Pierce is definitely an interesting case. It could be in the best interests of the Celtics if he were to opt out as it would free up some space but there is no way he would take anything less than the $22 he is owed. He aint getting any younger so you would have to think that a potential 3 year $55 mill type extension would be appealing. I think he opts out and resigns with the Celtics for 3-4 years.

More than likely Rudy isn't going anywhere. He needs to be used as the first option on the team instead of Zach and Memphis needs to be more perimeter oriented.

If he ends up being used as the main guy (with the improvements he makes from season to season), he will be very dangerous.

Also, the fact that Joe Johnson stunk it up and Lebron possibly leaving now, it gives us a better chance at re-signing Rudy for cheap. Most teams will probably look at those guys before looking at Rudy.

LEBRON JAMES = DAN MARINO.........................A great player playing with either bums or washed up players i feel sorry for lebron with that being said it kills me to say this because i HATE chicago teams and the fans but he wants to be on a good team for along time he should go to chicago IMO

Originally Posted by coryturner

LEBRON JAMES = DAN MARINO.........................A great player playing with either bums or washed up players i feel sorry for lebron
Take Lebron off the Cavs and they are = or worst than the Knicks.

Stoneface me

Pat Riley is going to baptize the NBA, come July 1st.

Expect that round table meeting with Wade, Riley, one of Bosh or Amare, and Joe Johnson at Prime 112. Right off Ocean Drive.

That is all.

damn, I was gonna post the summer of 2010 youtube video but it was taken down

Already reports of amare wanting to stay with the suns so if bosh goes else where what does miami do?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Already reports of amare wanting to stay with the suns so if bosh goes else where what does miami do?

i hope not my dream situation would be to get amare for my bulls & try to get lbj or wade to come over & win chips till im 31

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by coryturner

LEBRON JAMES = DAN MARINO.........................A great player playing with either bums or washed up players i feel sorry for lebron
Take Lebron off the Cavs and they are = or worst than the Knicks.

Stoneface me

what is there to stoneface it's the truth without lebron all the role players get all the attention from thier defenders & they fall back to just being another NBA teams with a decent squad aka the knicks/nets/philly/clippers

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

wade and bron are staying, amare will join 1 of them

.so what will happen with mr. bosh & his high bball IQ oh great one....i seriously doubt lbj & wade will be with the same team the end the season with.... it's too much money in the air especially for lbj wade maybe...but lbj is as good as gone.......i feel sorry for all the cavs fans with all those jerseys.....gotta be at least 7-10 different colorways

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Boozer is good friends with the Heat owner and lives in Miami, so at the very worst they should be able to sign him. He's been mentioned Miami as a possible place he'd like to play at since last season.

Back
Top Bottom