laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

And now Cuban is prepping a bid for the Rangers from what I read
smh.gif

Anaheim looks rather empty, tons of seats all alone

That pricing is *@!%!@% ******ed
thats a bad look for MLB, theres a ton of empty seats
smh.gif

i would like cuban to go for the dodgers, but i still dont see MLB letting him get a team

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Source: Dodgers put Sherrill on waivers[/h2]

By Tony Jackson
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive

ST. LOUIS -- Los Angeles Dodgers reliever George Sherrill, who was an All-Star closer for the Baltimore Orioles just a year ago, has been put on waivers by the club, a major league source confirmed Wednesday on the condition of anonymity.

[h4]George Sherrill[/h4][h5]#52 RP
Los Angeles Dodgers[/h5]
2010 STATS
  • GM34
  • W0
  • L1
  • BB16
  • K11
  • ERA7.32

Sherrill, a left-hander, entered the season asthe incumbent eighth-inning setup man, but he has never been able tofind his comfort level mechanically since the start of spring training,a major reason he has a 7.32 ERA in 34 appearances. He lost the setupjob early on, and it eventually fell to lefty Hong-Chih Kuo, who wound up making the National League All-Star team.

Sherrilleven went onto the disabled for a time in late May and early Junebecause of a fairly negligible back issue so he could go on a minorleague rehabilitation assignment in hopes of working out his issueswith his pitching delivery.

Sherrill's poor performance makes ithighly unlikely that another club will claim him, but outright waiversare irrevocable, meaning that if Sherrill is claimed, the Dodgers willlose him to that club. If Sherrill clears, meaning three full businessdays pass from the time he was waived without another team claiminghim, he will have the option of accepting an outright assignment,presumably to Triple-A Albuquerque, or becoming a free agent.

[h4]IT'S L.A., AND IT'S LIVE[/h4]
For more coverage of the Dodgers and the complete Los Angeles sports scene, visit ESPNLosAngeles.com. »

Sherrill, 33, was arbitration-eligible lastwinter and agreed to terms with the Dodgers on a one-year, $4.5 millioncontract, with bonuses of $75,000 each for reaching the 60- and70-appearance plateaus. If he rejects the assignment, it will be arather expensive parting of the ways for the Dodgers. But givenSherrill's struggles this season, it isn't necessarily a given that hewould be able to find work elsewhere this late in the season.

Sherrillwas the Dodgers' primary trading-deadline acquisition last summer whenthey got him from the Orioles for longtime third-base prospect Josh Bell and minor league pitcher Steven Johnson. Because the Dodgers already had an All-Star closer of their own in Jonathan Broxton, Sherrill immediately fell back into an eighth-inning role, something he accepted willingly and without complaint.

Sherrillalso never has hidden from his issues this season, freely discussingthem with the media whenever he has been asked to do so and pointingthe finger of blame only at himself.

Tony Jackson covers the Dodgers for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

[table][tr][td]Pitching[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Last 3 years[/td] [td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]W[/td][td]L[/td][td]SV[/td][td]BS[/td][td]HLD[/td][td]CG[/td][td]SHO[/td][td]IP[/td][td]H[/td][td]R[/td][td]ER[/td][td]HR[/td][td]BB[/td][td]K[/td][td]ERA[/td][td]WHIP[/td][td]BAA[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] 2010[/td][td]LAD[/td][td]34[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]19.2[/td][td]28[/td][td]17[/td][td]16[/td][td]2[/td][td]16[/td][td]11[/td][td]7.32[/td][td]2.24[/td][td].337[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
Last updated through games completed on Jul 11, 2010
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
roll.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

[h2][/h2]
[h2]7/15/2010[/h2] http://[h3]What Jonathan Broxton Needs To Do To Earn Redemption[/h3]

After the All-Star game yesterday, I noticed there were a bunch ofarticles on Jonathan Broxton getting the save, and almost all of themwere complimentary, but those same articles were also almost allimplying that it was a type of redemption in the clutch for him as well.

Tony Jackson wrote one, but he did mention Broxton's reputation for choking was somewhat undeserved. Steve Dilbeckwrote one, but he used the angle that Charlie Manuel might simplyregret giving him further confidence. There were many others which saidand implied similar, but they were nowhere near as hilariously over thetop as Bill Plaschke's gem,which basically said Broxton could be a winner now. I think most of thearticles written were quality, if not predictable, but I did wonder whythey had to be written in the first place.

Personally, Broxton had nothing to redeem to me in the first place.Yeah, he lost games for the Dodgers in the last two postseasons, butstuff like that will happen, he didn't lose the games alone, he's stillan elite closer, and he's the last of the Dodgers problems. He needs todo nothing to earn my trust but continue being great.

Other fans though? It's not going to be quite so simple for Broxton towin them over. Those articles I mentioned were likely written becausethe majority of the fanbase still thinks Broxton is an overratedworthless choking fat pile of crap. Trust me, it's not real hard tofind people who believe that.

Anyway, I wrote this post because I wanted to show what I thoughtBroxton had to accomplish in order to win his haters over, and to getthem to finally accept him as an elite closer.

1) He must have an elite regular season.

To his haters, an elite regular season would mean a sub-2.00 ERA, morethan 10 K/9, no more than two or three blown saves, equal home/roadsplits, and most importantly, zero cases of blowing a huge lead.

-The ERA and K/9 are completely secondary to the haters, as most ofthem don't care one iota that Broxton already ranks near the top inthese categories year after year.

-I realize that blown saves, saves, and holds are meaninglessstatistics, but they don't think so. If Broxton blows enough saves, thehaters will use that to refute his status as an elite closer. Itdoesn't matter if the only reason he blows ten saves is because heenters with a one run lead, a routine fly ball is hit to left, itbounces off Manny Ramirez's dreds, knocks him out, and the batter getsan inside the park home run. That would still be Broxton's faultbecause he didn't use his immense body mass to will the sun out ofManny's sight line or something.

Seriously, I once tried to explain to a hater that one of Broxton'sblown saves was because Russell Martin tried to throw the ball into thelights in center field, but the hater said it was just typical excusemaking. It's as if he considered the error to be Broxton's faultbecause Broxton didn't leap thirty feet into the air, catch Martin'serrant throw, and then karate kick him in the catcher's mask for havingthe audacity to attempt to commit an error while he was on the mound.Ridiculous.

-The equal home/road split thing is important, because an imbalance ineither direction will mean he's a choker. If he's good at home, but nogood on the road, then he can't handle the pressures of pitching in anopponent's park. If he's good on the road, but no good at home, then hecan't handle the pressure of pitching in front of the loud cheeringhome fans.

-Broxton cannot have any large blown leads, period. Again, it doesn'tmatter if Joe Torre literally beat him with a stick and rode him threemiles to the ballpark for a week straight, he must be sharp at alltimes, and cannot have an epicly poor game where he surrenders three orfour run lead. There is a zero tolerance policy on this one. Do it oncein a season and it's game over for the haters, as Broxton will thensuck no matter what. A hitter could pee his pants in the batter's boxand the haters would still say he can't intimidate a hitter inside orsomething like that.

2) He must be flawless and dominant in the playoffs.

-The same standard from the regular season applies to the playoffs,except he has to be even better. You could even say he has to beperfect.

Perhaps it would be acceptable to the haters if Broxton allows a singlerun to score in a blowout game, but if he is anything less than perfectin games that are within four runs, it will be a reason for them tobust out their "Broxton is still a heart attack" excuse.

By the way, that has to be the dumbest reason to say a closer sucks inhistory. You are nervous about the Dodgers chances of winning when thecloser enters with the game on the line? Really? I'm blown away!Actually, no, i'm not, because i'm not a moron. Of course you'renervous, so is everybody else. You know why? Because it's a goddamnclose game, that's why. I'm always agitated in close games, as is everyother fan of every other team in the history of the world. I don't careif prime years Walter Johnson is resurrected by a witch doctor and isput into a game with a one run lead in the ninth inning, i'm stillcrapping bricks until the last out is recorded.

3) The Dodgers must win the World Series, and he must have a significant moment.

-Broxton will never be accepted as elite by the haters until the Dodgers win. Period.

Why this burden falls on him is beyond me, but until that point, hewill never shake the loser aura to these people. It's as if theybelieve that once the Dodgers win the World series, all of a sudden,Broxton will magically transform from timid boy to robo closer orsomething. The sooner these people realize that winning a championshipis not like leveling up in an RPG or eating the giant mushroom in SuperMario Brothers, the better off we all are.

-Further complicating the problem is the fact that Broxton has to faceadversity, and come through that adversity unscathed. Broxton can'tsimply be flawless in the postseason and have the Dodgers win the WorldSeries and then everything is forgiven. No, no, it's not that easy. Hehas to be flawless, the Dodgers have to win, and he has to have amoment, preferably in an away game against a major market team.

Broxton must enter Game 7 at Yankee Stadium in the bottom of the eighthinning with one out, runners on second and third, Alex Rodriguez andRobinson Cano due up, and the Dodgers clinging to a one run lead. Hethen has to strike out the next five batters in a row, and uponretiring the last batter with a 121 mph fastball, which wouldpreferably be Derek Jeter, Broxton must rip out a Mountain Dew on themound, scream "EXTREEEEEEEEEEEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE", grab a bat, and runinto the stands to assault a minimum of fifty Yankee fans. Then Broxtonhas to avoid getting arrested, get tanked off locker room champagne,and do a stupid jig like dance in the middle of the infield with asnorkel on.

Not only will this prove he is a winner, not only will this prove he istough on the field, and not only will this show fire, but it will givethe haters the psycho they seem to want as a closer.

Then, and only then, will Broxton be accepted as an elite closer by Dodgers fans. Until then, he's just another choker.

It would be funnier if this was a joke, but it's not.

roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
Link to that article PMAC?

on some less amusing, but severely more infuriating reading . . .

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5374371

[h1][/h1]
[h1]'Til debt do us part[/h1][h3]The Dodgers' pennant run will not be half as entertaining as the owners' divorce trial[/h3]

By Molly Knight
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

0713mccourt_576x324.jpg

Jamie and Frank McCourt's divorce is taking its toll on the Dodgers franchise.

and the behind the scenes, Jon Weisman interviewing the writer from the first link

[h3]http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles..._/id/6728/behind-the-scenes-with-the-mccourts[/h3]
[h3]Behind the scenes with the McCourts[/h3]
July, 14, 2010
Jul 14

3:17

PM PT

ls_a_jmccourt_fmccourt_576.jpg

Jamie and Frank McCourt, Sept. 25, 2008

here's a small clip from the second link i'm sure will get some attention
laugh.gif

What was her biggest impact on the organization?

I still have no idea. Oh, maybe the hiring of Ned Colletti. I'veheard stories that she became close friends with Jeff Kent after hevolunteered to help domestic violence victims as part of her WINInitiative. Both she and Frank respected Kent's willingness to servethe community. Jeff mentioned Ned Colletti to Jamie because he knewthey were looking for a GM. Jamie suggested it to Frank. Ned killed inhis interview because he didn't ask how much money he'd have to playwith. A few former execs told me all this, so take it with a grain ofsalt. But it starts to make sense that Kent was responsible forColletti when you see the contract extension he was rewarded with afterColletti got there.

Clear your schedules before you take on the links haha

Discuss.

I was going to post the whole articles just to spite Ironman, but i'd probably kill his iPhone

I was going to post the whole articles just to spite Ironman, but i'd probably kill his iPhone
laugh.gif

They are personal eyesores, mainly because I read all those blogs (Dodger Thoughts, True Blue LA, Memories of Kevin Malone, Mike Scioscioa's TI) daily (Through Twitter
wink.gif
).

So when it's posted here I have to scroll through a ton of text that I've already read
mad.gif
.  Just a peeve
laugh.gif

Thanks for posting that PMAC, I would've but then someone
nerd.gif
would've just said that I'm just spreading Broxton propaganda to defend him.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Thanks for posting that PMAC, I would've but then someone
nerd.gif
would've just said that I'm just spreading Broxton propaganda to defend him.

Speaking of that guy, he hasn't been around for a while.  I hope those inmates are being nice to him. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hai gaiz!

Been a while, congrats to Ethier, Furcal & Kuo
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
for a guy done defending Broxton, you're doing a good job doing the opposite. No worries though.

& FB23 nahh I'm not at Twin Towers or MCJ yet (hoping by next year) I'm still at the Psych Hospital in P-Town. Got me on those 7p-7a shifts
sick.gif

Hai gaiz!

Been a while, congrats to Ethier, Furcal & Kuo
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
for a guy done defending Broxton, you're doing a good job doing the opposite. No worries though.

& FB23 nahh I'm not at Twin Towers or MCJ yet (hoping by next year) I'm still at the Psych Hospital in P-Town. Got me on those 7p-7a shifts
sick.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The fact that Jamie McCourt got Ned hired is just comedy to me. And the fact that Jeff Kent is at the center of it is even more hilarious.

I thought I had my fill of McCourts for the rest of the season with the ESPN articles
smh.gif
smh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Judge in McCourts' divorce case talks of Dodgers sale[/h1][h2]AsFrank and Jamie McCourt both claim to be low on cash, L.A. SuperiorCourt Commissioner Scott Gordon says one resolution would be to sell'the asset which is being fought over.'[/h2]
July 14, 2010|By Bill Shaikin

TheDodgers could be ordered sold if Frank and Jamie McCourt do not resolvetheir bickering over payments such as property taxes and attorney fees,the judge presiding over their divorce warned Wednesday.

Witheach of the McCourts claiming to be low on cash, and with bills pilingup, Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon threatened toresolve both issues at once by putting the Dodgers on the block.

pixel.gif

Advertisement

pixel.gif

"The parties are unintentionally pushing the court toward aninteresting position — selling the asset which is being fought over,"Gordon said in a court hearing.

The Dodgers are valued at $727million by Forbes magazine. Each of the McCourts has hired an all-starroster of lawyers to battle for ownership of the team — the trial isset for Aug. 30 — and Gordon said those lawyers should not have to footthe bill.

"If people want to fight and incur those fees, assetscould have to be sold to pay those fees," said Lynn Soodik, a SantaMonica family law attorney.

Soodik said Gordon would be morelikely to order the couple to sell real estate than to sell theDodgers, and the sides agreed Wednesday to cut the asking price for aCabo San Lucas property from $8 million to $6 million.

CharlotteGoldberg, professor of family law at Loyola Law School, said sheinterpreted Gordon's comment as an admonition to both sides to "stoparguing and get together" to ensure creditors are paid.

In hislatest court filing, Frank McCourt reported his available cash at$680,000. He said could not meet the conditions for a bank loanintended to cover his legal costs and had in recent weeks "borrowed$650,000 from my brother, $650,000 from a business associate and$150,000 from another business associate" to cover court-orderedsupport.

According to court filings, those unpaid bills rangefrom $875 for carpet cleaning of a Malibu home and $1,540 forair-conditioning service at a Holmby Hills home to $497,698 indelinquent property taxes, $833,808 for his lawyers and $962,394 forJamie McCourt's lawyers.

Back
Top Bottom