OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

There is speculation within the sport that if the McCourts are forcedto sell the Dodgers as they go through their divorce proceedings, theperson who is most perfectly positioned to buy the team is DennisGilbert, the longtime agent and team executive. Gilbert lives in theL.A. area, is a known quantity to commissioner Bud Selig, and Gilbertessentially finished second in the bidding for the Texas Rangers lastyear — largely because Nolan Ryan chose to align himself with ChuckGreenberg. Gilbert knows a whole lot of people, big hitters in themoney world, and if the Dodgers’ franchise needs rescuing — and in thesport right now, the team’s ownership troubles are regarded as acover-your-eyes embarrassment — Gilbert will have the financialwherewithal to restore the club to its past greatness.

It's from Buster Olney, though
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

There is speculation within the sport that if the McCourts are forcedto sell the Dodgers as they go through their divorce proceedings, theperson who is most perfectly positioned to buy the team is DennisGilbert, the longtime agent and team executive. Gilbert lives in theL.A. area, is a known quantity to commissioner Bud Selig, and Gilbertessentially finished second in the bidding for the Texas Rangers lastyear — largely because Nolan Ryan chose to align himself with ChuckGreenberg. Gilbert knows a whole lot of people, big hitters in themoney world, and if the Dodgers’ franchise needs rescuing — and in thesport right now, the team’s ownership troubles are regarded as acover-your-eyes embarrassment — Gilbert will have the financialwherewithal to restore the club to its past greatness.

It's from Buster Olney, though
eyes.gif

I honestly wouldn't mind Dennis Gilbert as the owner, this guy loves baseball.  You have to have a love of the game.  I'm not saying the McCourt's don't love the game, but they had other motives for buying the Dodgers.  They have huge ego's, they want to be a part of the in crowd so bad that it makes them look foolish, and they care more about the almighty dollar.

Gilbert truly loves baseball.  That is what made Steinbrenner so great, and what makes Jerry Buss so great as well.  As much as they like money, they have pride and they always want a winner, no matter what it takes.

I don't want an owner that is just happy to make the NLCS two years in a row.  We're better than that.  Someone said it best about Steinbrenner: "If you're not first, you lost".  That was his mentality, heard the same thing said about Buss several times.

Frankly at this point, I want anyone but a McCourt running the team.

i really dont see how anyone could have ever liked mccourt as an owner. his intentions were obvious from the moment he wanted to buy this team. he would be happy with the mediocrity of the 90s all over again as long as it meant the usual 3 million+ in the seats. those 2 nlcs we stumbled into gave him some cover i suppose.

why is it whenever negative press comes out about the mccourts, it seems the team plays like crap..

heres to hoping we dont get swept...

come on bilz.

How long have we been getting killed in Stl?

I can't remember much past 2003, and have trouble finding a site with team stats

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I can't remember much past 2003, and have trouble finding a site with team stats

since around 1893 it seems
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

2003 was the last time we beat the Cards in the season series (4-2).  They've been handing it to us since 1997.  3-10 at New Busch Stadium
sick.gif

2-0 in the playoffs
smokin.gif

Coincidentally, it started happening a couple of years after Tony La Russa became their manager, I'm sure he has a little extra motivations for beating us.  Considering we were David to his Goliath, and he fell to one of the most epic/iconic moments in sports history that is constantly replayed over and over due to it's greatness (Kirk Gibson's walk off HR
smokin.gif
).

Hopefully we can salvage 1 game
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

smh.gif
, Furcal coming through and the heart of the order can't come up with an insurance run.  (Ethier IBB).

you would think a 4 run lead going into the 8th would be enough especially with an all star closer.
roll.gif

BN posting angry in 5.4.3.2.......................................

PM trying to defend this bum again in 5...4...3...2.........................  

laugh.gif

So what the #%#% did I miss?

Im here waiting for Inception to begin, and I see there was a 3 run lead top 9th

I refresh and we lost? %%%????

someone explain, and from my timeline it's not Broxtons fault.

Enlighten me

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

BN posting angry in 5.4.3.2.......................................

PM trying to defend this bum again in 5...4...3...2.........................  

laugh.gif

Bwahahahahahaha.broxton is a @#$#!, from day one till now.

Back
Top Bottom