OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

Kemper's Bobblehead
laugh.gif

2qnwrgl.jpg

I swear, the Dodgers promo's have to be one of the most detailed and the best in the league. 

laugh.gif

Some info on Belisario:

It's just some personal problems, and he's got some things he's got to work through," Kinzer said. "It's just a lot of anxiety, and that is about all I want to say right now."

Pressed on what he meant by the word "anxiety," Kinzer declined to offer details. ...

Players placed on the restricted list are removed from a team's 40-man roster, but they can be kept there for a maximum of 30 days. Kinzer said it was too early to tell whether Belisario's absense would be short term or long term.

"We aren't sure at this point," he said. "We'll just have to see how things go."

Kinzer also said that Belisario was still in Los Angeles, but indicated the pitcher might be heading home to Venezuela at some point.

"Right now, he is [still in town], but we will have to see how things work out later," Kinzer said. "Obviously, his family is in Venezuela. But we haven't set up [any travel]."

Damn, these dudes can't beat anyone outside the NL West. 
smh.gif

[h2]Dodgers Talking Trades With Numerous Teams[/h2]
Jul 07, 2010 5:13 PM EST

lad_40.gif
The Dodgers have had trade discussions with a number of teams, including the Mariners, Astros, Blue Jays, Indians and Diamondbacks, according to a baseball source.

Those teams have starting pitchers, which is something Los Angeles is targeting as the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline approaches.

"Unless something knocks your socks off or something makes sense, I think pitching is the area probably -- starting and relieving," manager Joe Torre said Tuesday. "Whatever will tighten up what we have now."

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Does anybody know how the On-Field Photo Day works?

When I went 2 years ago, they set up barriers on the field around the fans, in separate locations and the players come out to greet the fans in each section.

You'd be lucky if a players stops to take a pic with you.  They mostly target the young girls, and the babies. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

But as long as you have tickets can you go on the field?

To be honest, I don't remember them even checking my tickets or anyone's for that matter.
nerd.gif

They open the gates at the Pavilions and everyone just goes through.

get in line, take a picture

That's about it

If you're in line for some of the stars, that will more than likely be your only picture

I swear, the Dodgers promo's have to be one of the most detailed and the best in the league. 
grin.gif

Maybe it's because the guy that places the orders now is a douche and no one can stand him.

I give him credit, he does push for details.  However, he got the idea from the Adam Jones bobblehead that the Orioles gave out last year.

The company that makes them is
smokin.gif
, very well made.

Furcal
eek.gif

Kershaw
eek.gif

Another W
smokin.gif
, Padres win
ohwell.gif
, Rockies win
ohwell.gif

The source also said the Dodgers counter-proposed several scenarios,one or the other of which included every valued prospect in theDodgers' minor league system save one, which the source declined toidentify. Common sense suggests that lone untouchable prospect probablywas Double-A Chattanooga shortstop Dee Gordon, widely considered to bethe Dodgers' top prospect.

eek.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]QB Chris Garrett departs LSU - 2:00 p.m.[/h1]
By Michael Lambert

Contributing Writer

Published: Friday, July 9, 2010

Updated: Friday, July 9, 2010

LSU redshirt freshman quarterback Chris Garrett will leave the LSU football program, according to an LSU news release.

Garrett, the third-string quarterback on LSU’s roster, will transfer from the Tigers after the summer.

“We wish Chris the best,

laugh.gif
 the whole farm?

PMac woulda shot Ned of he traded his baby
laugh.gif

how good/bad did the mariners come out in the trade?

I think they did well considering they wanted a young MLB ready 1st baseman (Loney) and some arms (Bills).

They have a young first baseman they can build their team around. Lee wasn't going to stick around. Seattle will put it together eventually.

Furcal got named to the All Star team, replacing Jose Reyes.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Damn. Now I got to get two authentic All Star jerseys.

Back
Top Bottom