OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

laugh.gif
smh.gif
i wish we were still playing the giants

Congratulations to Kirk Gibson on his first managerial win
smokin.gif

Wish it would've came against someone else.

Manny to the DL, Paul back on the big club.  Hopefully, he will get some playing and finally ending the storied career of Garrett Anderson as a Dodger
eyes.gif

DFAGA.png

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

The obvious move here would be to fire Ned after the season
i dont really care for ned. but what are you supposed to do when your dad says, go get the whole family dinner, but im only gonna give you $3

so what do you do? get as much/whatever you can with $3

stupid analogy, but you get my point

I get your point, I agree 100%

But to lose staff members who KNOW our system, hell - who CREATED it, who without them we would more than likely STILL have *%@% drafts amounting to NOTHING, it's not something that's worth risking at this point.

We have to think like we're the A's at this point, no money, the farm being our bread and butter.

White being the captain of that, with Kim being the one keeping arbitration decisions at the minimum.

This shouldn't even be a discussion in my opinion.

Frank doesnt care right now. According to the reports, he was trying to devalue the franchise so Jamie doesnt take even more cash/assets from him. So I'm sure he's fine with sucking and have the franchise go down for a couple years if in the long run it'll get back up to what it was and he gets all his money back

If you hav $3 and you spend 2 of them on Jamey Carroll then who's fault is that?

Ned is worse than Frank, but they're both awful.

I was about to say how great the Pierre trade has turned out, then I realized that we're paying $8 Mil for it
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

The obvious move here would be to fire Ned after the season
i dont really care for ned. but what are you supposed to do when your dad says, go get the whole family dinner, but im only gonna give you $3

so what do you do? get as much/whatever you can with $3

stupid analogy, but you get my point

100% RIGHT

which i dont understand why these fools bash ned for everything

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

which i dont understand why these fools bash ned for everything

It's really not that difficult to understand, Ned consistently makes bad decisions.

The kind of bad decisions he makes are ones you would expect out of a GM with unlimited payroll (trading away our best prospects and signing crappy veterans to huge contracts) so you can't even give him credit for that at all.

And even as it is, Frank's really only tightened the strings in the past two years after Ned went on his Andruw Jones, Juan Pierre, Jason Schmidt shopping spree. If you look at the divorce issue separately, Frank hasn't done a bad job providing resources for Ned. Now, if you wanna blame Frank because he's the one who hired the idiot, then go ahead, but as far as I can tell McCourt is not Jerry Jones or Al Davis making all of the decisions and Ned is the one who's allocating the resources.

Right on the nose PMAC

It does NOT matter whos signing the checks. what matters is what you do with the money be it a dollar or a penny, while not blowing the whole wad on one or two pieces just to say "I tried", thats just stupid.

I still can't get over the fact we let Santana go just to save a cool mil. Yeah, Im a total Casey Blake mark, but you find other ways to make it happen, or if not you DO NOT make that trade

And I really dont feel like getting into the "prospects arent sure things" debate because it's just so lopsided youre already losing as soon as you start typing it up from the jump.

Charlie Manuel's All-Star selections these past two seasons have made me hate the Phillies even more.

Omar Infante?

[h2]http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/20750/20100706/paul_could_push_anderson_out_in_la/[/h2]
[h2]Paul Could Push Anderson Out In L.A.[/h2]
Jul 06, 2010 4:31 PM EST

lad_40.gif
There is a chance that Xavier Paul could remain with the Dodgers for the remainder of the season.

There is talk that when Manny Ramirez returns from the disabled list, Garret Anderson could be sent packing instead of Paul.

Paul is hitting .273 with eight RBIs in 23 games this season.

laugh.gif

I sure $+$%%! hope so.

Looks like Torre's decision to put Kemp back in his place has gotten his mind right. I ain't gonna credit Rhianna just cause she's just all drama.

Padillas 3rd quality start
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom