OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

Ox doing work
pimp.gif

I guess we know who's not getting a hefty extension.
laugh.gif

Ah Brox. 

I hear Manny will be placed on waivers as early as this week? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

Ah Brox. 

nerd.gif
I know most of you guys are happy about that. But I enjoyed having him as a Dodger. I'll be sad to see him go.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

Ah Brox. 

nerd.gif
I know most of you guys are happy about that. But I enjoyed having him as a Dodger. I'll be sad to see him go.
frown.gif

Not happy to see him go, as I thank him for his numbers.

But i'd rather see him offered arbitration and get draft picks, if not then a decent minor leaguer would suffice

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Not happy to see him go, as I thank him for his numbers.

But i'd rather see him offered arbitration and get draft picks, if not then a decent minor leaguer would suffice
If we offer arbitration, his salary would be high and the chance of him taking it is high as well.

That being said, I doubt we would get anything, might as well hold on to him.

It will signal the end of the season to the common fan (It's been over for those that actually follow the team), and the Dodgers don't want to lose the revenue that the common fan brings to the Ravine.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

If we offer arbitration, his salary would be high and the chance of him taking it is high as well.

That being said, I doubt we would get anything, might as well hold on to him.

It will signal the end of the season to the common fan (It's been over for those that actually follow the team), and the Dodgers don't want to lose the revenue that the common fan brings to the Ravine.
Word. 

I doubt other teams are willing to give up something decent, or significant cash in return.

Anyway, how about Kuo finally being healthy all season.  *knocks on wood*

pimp.gif

White Sox expected to pick up manny if/when he goes on waivers. If I'm the twins I pick em up on purpose just to block the trade

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

White Sox expected to pick up manny if/when he goes on waivers. If I'm the twins I pick em up on purpose just to block the trade
White Sox have a higher waiver priority though, since they have a worse record than the Twins.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Who's tryna hit up the courtroom next Monday
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you're not down

Goodluck!!  
Jamie McCourt VS Frank McCourt

Case BD514309

Monday August 30th @ 8:30 am. Department CE88 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[h2]http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/21453/20100825/yankees_may_want_kuroda_off_waivers/[/h2]
[h2]Yankees May Want Kuroda Off Waivers[/h2]
Aug 25, 2010 8:19 AM EST

lad_40.gif
The Dodgers have placed right-hander Hiroki Kuroda on waivers and the Yankees are believed to have interest.

"#Dodgers put Kuroda on waivers. Rival exec: "I guarantee #Yankees are all over it." Kuroda owed about $2.7M. Lilly not yet on waivers," Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports wrote on his Twitter page.

Figures the best consistent pitcher we've had all year, will probably be on waivers with Kuroda. 

I was at Manny's first game as a Dodger, cheering my $!% off like everyone else. I had my son with me and it was cool to have him be able to witness arguably the greatest right handed hitter of our generation. The Dodgers FINALLY had a true superstar and we rode that sumbitch through to the NLCS. I was at the game where Manny SPRINTED in from left field trying to mix it up with Victorino after him and Kuroda got into it. He gave me and my family and friends a lot of great Dodgers memories in the short time he was here.
The steroids thing was the beginning of the end for me. Sad day in my household.
I will fully admit that with Manny, more so than any other Dodger that I can remember, I am a total "what have you done for me lately" fan. 8 home runs and 2 trips to the DL doesn't cut it with me.
I say good riddance to Manny. Thanks. Now pack your +$# and have fun playing in Chicago.
This is the most frustrated I've been with the organization since May 14th, 1998. We'll be handcuffed this off season trying to sign any free agents.

-J-

Hmm so after the media lottery is completed, then they do a limited ticket lottery for the public

I just called, the chick was a $++!%
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom