OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

eek.gif
eek.gif
Lilly went on for what seems to be eons in that postgame interview
laugh.gif

I guess i'm just used to the typical guys say a couple words and head off

[h2]http://mollyknight.tumblr.com/post/983326439/some-quick-thoughts-on-the-mccourt-divorce[/h2]
[h2]Some quick thoughts on the McCourt divorce[/h2]
I’vebeen traveling and I haven’t had much time for blogging or updatingthis site. As a lot of you know I spent much of May and June in LAreporting this story. Some friends were very supportive and I even did a follow-up interview here.

And now we’re ten days away from the date Frank and Jamie are set tosquare off in court and I am writing this, strangely enough, fromKleinfeld Bridal in New York while my friend Natalie tries on weddingdresses. I honestly didn’t think it would get to this point. My moneywas on the McCourts settling when July turned into August, but here wesit. Yesterday was the deadline to reserve a seat in the court room andI would have forgotten to do so had the ineffable Bill Shaikin not emailed to remind me. 

The lawyers on both sides have been busy deposing everyone who evercame into contact with their clients. This, we can be sure, is costinga lot of money. From my conversations with those lawyers and otherreporters, it seems that both sides would like to settle. But as theold saying goes, you can lead a horse to water…

I like Steve Susman (Frank’s head counsel) and David Boies (Jamie’s)a lot. I am selfishly hoping this will go to trial so I can watch themgo nose to nose. It’s probably better for Dodger fans that these twosettle and this whole mess is resolved, but I guess at this point thedamage is already done. If Frank McCourt doesn’t want to lose controlof the Dodgers he must settle with his wife—give her the homes plus achunk of the team and be done with it. It’s always been his way tolitigate and fight to the finish—it’s how he’s built an incredibleempire—but here it seems he’s only fighting himself. The ball isdefinitely in his court. Is he ready to play? 

228 hours until we know. Tick tock.

Did anyone go to the Broxton signing?

The Kemp signing?

The Valenzuela signing?

Want to know if BN went to the Broxton signing in Pasadena?
laugh.gif
  Walking around with a full blown poster of his avy.

Originally Posted by TJ Simers

No idea what Stewart has against L.A. because he was known in his time here to just pick someone off the street and immediately befriend them.
eek.gif
eek.gif

dude had me rolling over here 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Only good news of 2010.

Also, heard on twitter that there were scouts at Manny's 1st rehag game in San Bernardino, and at last night's game.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/08/mets-may-trade-feliciano-to-pittsburgh.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Claim Barajas On Waivers[/h1]
By Zach Links [August 22 at 10:26am CST]

10:37am: The Dodgers have claimed Rod Barajas on waivers, according to Andy Martino of the New York Daily News.  The Mets will receive cash considerations in return, according to the Dodgers (via Twitter).

Barajas, who turns 35-years-old in September, has hit .225/.263/.414 with 12 homers in 267 plate appearances this season.  In late July it was reported that the Red Sox offered reliever Ramon Ramirez in exchange for the veteran.  The Mets have summoned Jesus Feliciano to take his place on the roster.

Starting catcher Russell Martin has not played since August 3rd due to a hip injury and will likely be out for the remainder of the year.  Brad Ausmus and A.J. Ellis have been splitting time behind the plate but have struggled offensively.

10:26am: The Mets may trade outfielder Jesus Feliciano to the Pirates, according to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com.

Feliciano, 31, has a .688 OPS for the Mets in 27 big league games this season.  He began the year with the Mets' Triple-A affiliate where he posted a .342/.389/.418 slash line with one homer in 322 plate appearances.  This season marked his fourth straight in Triple-A and was his strongest at that level.

Mets skipper Jerry Manuel has summoned catcher Rod Barajas and Rubin wonders (via Twitter) if he could be involved in the deal.

Doesn't really matter, but it's better than watching career minor leaguer/bullpen catcher AJ Ellis behind the dish.  Ausmus can't handle everyday catching duties.

Back
Top Bottom