OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

i kept sayng we shoulda traded manny at the deadline 2 get sumthing back for him.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by AllRedJs

i kept sayng we shoulda traded manny at the deadline 2 get sumthing back for him.
tired.gif
They can still get something for him, and I don't think his value has changed much since the deadline.

But yeah, we never should have been buyers.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

562, pretty sure you cant heckle in the courtroom. its probably going to be quite boring
laugh.gif

I'm expecting a WDYW post from 562 before he hits the courtroom.  
*Dodgers fitted* 

*Supreme T* 

*Slacks* 

*SB's*  

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Current value of the Dodgers is relevant, Jamie McCourt argues
Frank McCourt had asked the court to forbid discussion of the current worth of the team or the couple's homes.
Dodgers

In paperwork filed Wednesday, Jamie McCourt argues the current value of the Dodgers is relevant to her receiving a fair decision at her upcoming divorce trial. (Alex Gallardo / Los Angeles Times / September 25, 2008)

3Share
digg
* Related
Dodgers put Manny Ramirez on waivers Dodgers put Manny Ramirez on waivers
Frank McCourt denies estranged wife's allegation over disputed agreement Frank McCourt denies estranged wife's allegation over disputed agreement
Frank McCourt watches Dodgers' 5-3 win at Milwaukee, but no questions, please Frank McCourt watches Dodgers' 5-3 win at Milwaukee, but no questions, please
* Multimedia
Chart: Dodgers, Angels fell off playoff pace some time ago Chart: Dodgers, Angels fell off playoff pace some time ago
* Stories
If the Dodgers go up for sale, he wants to buy If the Dodgers go up for sale, he wants to buy
Chicago White Sox interested in Manny Ramirez Chicago White Sox interested in Manny Ramirez

By Bill Shaikin

August 25, 2010|7:22 p.m.

* EmailE-mail
* printPrint
* increase text size decrease text size Text Size

la-sp-0826-mccourt-divorce-20100826

The current value of the Dodgers is relevant to the merits of an agreement signed six years ago, Jamie McCourt argued in court papers filed Wednesday.

Three of the six versions of the agreement, which is at the heart of a divorce trial set to start Monday, specify that Frank McCourt is the sole owner of the Dodgers and Jamie McCourt is the sole owner of the couple's residential properties.

Frank had previously asked the court to forbid discussion of the current worth of the team or the homes. Jamie said such evidence is necessary for the court to grasp what she says would be the "extraordinary injustice" that would result from enforcing the agreement.

Introducing the LA Times Star Walk app for iPhone. Tour the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame with the Los Angeles Times archives, history and information. Available in the App Store.

"If that agreement is upheld, after a 30-year marriage, Frank would end up with assets worth in excess of $1 billion, whereas Jamie would be left with assets worth approximately $70 million, which are saddled with debt that she cannot maintain," Jamie's lawyers wrote in Wednesday's filing.

Frank had argued that any such discrepancy is not relevant in determining the validity of the agreement.

"The [agreement] would not have been invalid if Frank had failed miserably and lost his entire fortune," his lawyers wrote. "Likewise, Frank's success in turning around the Dodgers has no effect on the validity of the [agreement]."

There are no active settlement discussions, sources on both sides said Wednesday, and the expectation on both sides is that the case will go to trial.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Not happy to see him go, as I thank him for his numbers.

But i'd rather see him offered arbitration and get draft picks, if not then a decent minor leaguer would suffice
If we offer arbitration, his salary would be high and the chance of him taking it is high as well.

That being said, I doubt we would get anything, might as well hold on to him.

It will signal the end of the season to the common fan (It's been over for those that actually follow the team), and the Dodgers don't want to lose the revenue that the common fan brings to the Ravine.

Whoa, did you just post that just now, or did Yuku do you the favor 2 days later? 
laugh.gif

2110zdd.jpg

laugh.gif

I use different computers.  This one was on my work desktop that I didn't use for 2 days.  I guess after I hit post reply, it gave the dreaded blank page.  So when I saw that page I just refreshed, so it posted the same info again.  I went out and about, saw that page again, hit refresh and it reposted.

laugh.gif
, Yuku is +%*$@% up, I'm just rolling with it at this point.  I hit refresh,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

%$@

I responded to this thread and it doesn't get bumped?

!@@! YOUKU!

Happens to me all the time.    

Ned will find a way, I just feel it.  (In a bad way)

Oh and IYN, NOW I can see how you don't go in Laker threads.  I am officially taking the same path as you.  I'm done with some of the morons in there.

I see the nickle and dime mentality has already trickled down to the fan base
smh.gif

I really don't see the point in trading Manny at this point.

They will not get any prospects that will make a significant impact, however they will save money.  (Am I the only one that doesn't give a ++*+ if Frank saves a couple of bucks by trading Manny).  Seems like every blog wants Manny gone simply to get rid of his salary, what the hell are we the Pirates of the NL West. 
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I see the nickle and dime mentality has already trickled down to the fan base
smh.gif

I really don't see the point in trading Manny at this point.

They will not get any prospects that will make a significant impact, however they will save money.  (Am I the only one that doesn't give a ++*+ if Frank saves a couple of bucks by trading Manny).  Seems like every blog wants Manny gone simply to get rid of his salary, what the hell are we the Pirates of the NL West. 
smh.gif
Quite simply, the answer is YES.

Nevermind the revenue and XYZ, if the owner doesn't put in, then that money doesn't exist for us.

Well to be fair, Manny isn't coming back next year correct? Manny gets that extension, then maybe something valuable gets sent our way?

I mean, the best case scenario would be the WhiteSox take over all of Manny's salary and the deferred portion. 

But then again, it's Ned Colletti.

A lot of this is at stake this weekend, so this weekend will be the deciding factor.

Manny isn't getting an extension from the Dodgers or the White Sox.  It will kill any deal.  The Dodgers will not offer arbitration either.  The White Sox know that, and I doubt they will pick up the deferred portion either. 

The White Sox want him for cheap, they will pick up his remaining salary which I believe is a little south of $1.5 million.  The deferred portion will still be on our books (Andruw Jones and Juan Pierre are currently rocking White Sox uni's while getting paid by the Dodgers *facepalm*).  Imagine a picture of  Jones, Pierre and Manny in the OF in White Sox uniforms... "Colletti's Follie's"..."Colletti's Island"... "Colletti: The Real L Word".

Just keep him, not as if they will trade Manny, save money and lower concession, beer, parking and ticket prices.  There is no benefit for the fans or the team.  Just Frank's empty bank account. 

dont give 2****s if mccourt saves a couple mil. its not like parking and beer is going to go down for the remainder of the season because they saved some cash.

Back
Top Bottom