Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

4 games
smokin.gif

Hey now. 
pimp.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3]LA exec likely candidate for D-backs GM[/h3]By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

08/28/10 9:27 PM ET

DENVER -- Dodgers assistant general manager Logan White is expected tobe a candidate for the Arizona Diamondbacks general manager position,but the Dodgers have not yet been asked permission to interview him.

Diamondbacks CEO Derrick Hall, a former Dodgers executive, has said hehopes to hire a GM before the regular season ends. Jerry DiPoto hasbeen acting GM since the July 1 dismissal of Josh Byrnes. DiPoto alsois expected to be interviewed. Also rumored on Arizona's radar areDamon Oppenheimer of the Yankees and former Padres GM Kevin Towers.

White has been in charge of the Dodgers' Drafts for nine years and hasreceived industry acclaim recently for drafting and signing first-roundpick Zach Lee, who was considered unsignable by many clubs because hewas committed to play quarterback for Louisiana State.

NO!

Fire Ned after Tuesday, give the job to White.

I don't think White would leave the Dodgers personally, but don't take that chance.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I just looked at Josh Bell's numbers, damn he's tearing it up.
pimp.gif

So is Sherrill, while making around $4.5 Million more.

pimp.gif

Oh well, at least George got it done in the playoffs
smokin.gif

smh.gif

How the $$!! did a team with an OF of Manny, Kemp and Ethier turn into an OF of Johnson, Podsednik/Kemp and Ethier?

Hope this team tanks.
Manny Ramirez did not ask for compensation from the White Sox when he waived his no-trade clause to come to Chicago. GM Kenny Williams said Ramirez and agent Scott Boras did not ask for an extension or anything but the chance to play. It’s not surprising, since Ramirez was no longer contributing in L.A. and now has the chance to build his free agent value down the stretch.

The White Sox could have sent the Dodgers a prospect in exchange for some salary relief, but Williams says he’d prefer to keep the talent and spend the money nine times out of ten.

“Talent is hard to come by and when you get higher-end talent, you try to do your best to hold onto it,

laugh.gif
so pissed he pasted almost a complete article
eek.gif

Ehh, this team has been done since mid July

Oh well, I only hope that more heads leave

laugh.gif
so pissed he pasted almost a complete article
eek.gif

Ehh, this team has been done since mid July

Oh well, I only hope that more heads leave

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I really don't see the point in trading Manny at this point.

They will not get any prospects that will make a significant impact, however they will save money.  (Am I the only one that doesn't give a ++*+ if Frank saves a couple of bucks by trading Manny).  Seems like every blog wants Manny gone simply to get rid of his salary, what the hell are we the Pirates of the NL West. 
smh.gif
i said that about them being the westcoast pirates a few weeks ago

the only reason i wanted to see manny get traded was to see him do work in the playoffs (if they get there)
but if frank wants to save some money have him sell one or two of his 17 @%%%$@ houses he has
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom