OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

saw this on a Phillies fan's twitter... it's been edited out of Wikipedia by now

took out part of one word... yall should know what it says though

2q39k7l.jpg

Frank owes $525 mil on a team worth somewhere in the ballpark of $650 mil.

That's gotta be something like the American dream. Leverage the *$#$ out of yourself and live off debt.

You don't really need to withhold judgment.

Torre and his staff are a bunch of idiots this year. It's beyond clear that for whatever reason they don't like Kemp. They either think he's too arrogant, too into Rihanna or something, but for Ned, Schaefer and Bowa to all start %$%+ at different parts of the year and Kemp to really not say anything about it at all shows you who's the mature party in the situation.

Originally Posted by RocDaMike11

saw this on a Phillies fan's twitter... it's been edited out of Wikipedia by now

took out part of one word... yall should know what it says though

2q39k7l.jpg

Might as well wear the jersey, he's been getting #!+*+# in the a-hole by them all his career.

40517_117470424971505_108932472491967_108311_2998403_n.jpg

I don't like the situation with the coaching staff all ganging up on Matt. It seems like they have more rage and anger in them, than etiquette.

If it's worth it, (and I think it is) to start fresh at the end of the season with new coaching staff, and manager, I think they should do it. That's just me.

We don't want to go through dejavu all over again, trading away a rising star who is capable of being a GREAT player.

I dont think he will get traded...

for the last two years, teams have been after our "young guns", our "core players", and the most they have been able to take from us was blake dewitt.

there are a few more players in front of him that have a chance to get traded before he does.  Martin and Loney come to mind...   I think the team would re-adjust for matt.  I really dont see matt and andre going anywhere.. 

I aint gonna lie, I REALLY like the current offensive roster.  Podsednik and Theriot have so far, been fun to watch.  They get on base, and the big guys have gotten them home. 

I dont think the coaching staff will be back next season, and I am ok with that.  Im sick of their pitching decisions.  Taking good guys out too quickly, and leaving problem guys in too long.  Joe earlier this week said "its all about winning now", as to why he took matt out... well why not take broxton out? why did you have beli in there for that long?  where was dotel?  why isnt kenley our setup dude, and kuo the closer? 

Joe has no sense of urgency.  He is too old to deal with the young guys.  Its time for a coach that gets fired up. 

10 bucks says manny's calf isnt going to get any better for the rest of the year... after last nights game.. 20 mill a year for a dude who played around 100 games each season..

I hate that our season is over now. Ever since the last two years with the dodgers going deep into the playoffs, Ive lost interest in football, especially without a team in LA... now i have to hear about everyones stupid  fantasy teams.. bleh..

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

I dont think the coaching staff will be back next season, and I am ok with that.  Im sick of their pitching decisions.  Taking good guys out too quickly, and leaving problem guys in too long.  Joe earlier this week said "its all about winning now", as to why he took matt out... well why not take broxton out? why did you have beli in there for that long?  where was dotel?  why isnt kenley our setup dude, and kuo the closer? 

Joe has no sense of urgency.  He is too old to deal with the young guys.  Its time for a coach that gets fired up. 

10 bucks says manny's calf isnt going to get any better for the rest of the year... after last nights game.. 20 mill a year for a dude who played around 100 games each season..

I hate that our season is over now. Ever since the last two years with the dodgers going deep into the playoffs, Ive lost interest in football, especially without a team in LA... now i have to hear about everyones stupid  fantasy teams.. bleh..

I agree, the coaching staff has no patience for this team.   That bullpen has not or will not be Joe Torre's bread and butter anytime soon.
laugh.gif

This team was supposed to get over the hump, but it seems they have gotten deflated by the Phillies and Frank McCourt.  

I like the roster, but I don't like the gaps in the rotation, and in the bullpen. 
grin.gif

i heard on AM radio last night after the game, that since the all star break, brox has thrown for 12 innings, and has 14 earn runs..

lol wut

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

You don't really need to withhold judgment.

Torre and his staff are a bunch of idiots this year. It's beyond clear that for whatever reason they don't like Kemp. They either think he's too arrogant, too into Rihanna or something, but for Ned, Schaefer and Bowa to all start %$%+ at different parts of the year and Kemp to really not say anything about it at all shows you who's the mature party in the situation.

I agree 100%

I guess it's just me still holding a glimmer of hope that some of this nonsense isn't all for naught and some of it HAS to have some sort of legitimate powderkeg
smh.gif
smh.gif

who hires dave stewart as their agent anyway?
laugh.gif

matt kemp is like the lamar odom of baseball, thats why people ride him so much. its hard to understand how someone can have so much talent but seemingly not give a !$@#.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Feels like these clowns get shut out every other game.

To call it Jekyll & Hyde would be an injustice to the literature piece which bears the name, these dudes plain don't have it this season. No other way to spin it.

Yet no matter how the Dodgers spend their money, it's clear they're notinvesting nearly as much in either the draft or internationalfree-agent signings as they did in the past. The Dodgers'player-development system was once the envy of baseball, and asrecently as 2005 Baseball America ranked the team's minor league talentas the best in the game.

But that spring, the team's second under owner Frank McCourt, the Dodgers did not have a first-round selection and spent $2.2 million in the draft. Only the Giants spent less.

And in the last two seasons no team has been cheaper in the draft.Partly as a result, the Dodgers' farm talent was ranked among the worstin baseball at the start of this season.

So who's to blame? Under White the Dodgers had two of the best drafts of the last decade, signing James Loney, Jonathan Broxton, Delwyn Young, James McDonald, Russell Martin, Chad Billingsley, Matt Kemp and Andy LaRoche in 2002-03. A year later they took Blake DeWitt in the first round and signed catcher Carlos Santana as an international free agent.

More than half those players are now with other organizations, four ofthem traded because the Dodgers didn't want to take on salary in thedeals that brought them Manny Ramirez, Casey Blake, Ted Lilly and Octavio Dotel.

"They've overpaid. They've given up higher costs in prospects in orderto not take on payroll," says Callis, who rates the Dodgers farm systemnow as "average."

"I don't think it's falling apart," he says. "I just don't think it's as productive as it used to be."
Seems like the exact opposite way to run a successful franchise when you're saddled with debt, but who am I to say
indifferent.gif

http://www.latimes.com/sp...815,0,5069163,full.story

Back
Top Bottom