OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

Manny will come back by the time this post shows up

nerd.gif

good luck with Jose. i think he will be great, as long as you all are winning. if not, he will not put fourth any effort at all.

good luck with Jose. i think he will be great, as long as you all are winning. if not, he will not put fourth any effort at all.

i know. ive had that gif for a couple days and ive been itching you use it. i expect that being a royals/chiefs fan my whole life.

hope Ari brings you all a football team in the future.

beltre might be avail next year...

is that bridge burned? thoughts?

This year, Beltre's hitting again; he has 20 homers to go along with a .333/.369/.565 line. Boras client tho..

Will he take the league minimum?
.....Then nope, can't afford him.
But casey blake is back for one more year, so I don't think it would make sense

They couldn't tough it out at least more year with Dewitt though?
grin.gif

Watch, when Casey's contract runs up, they're gonna be scrapping for a replacement, probably will sign an age old veteran. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

They couldn't tough it out at least more year with Dewitt though?
grin.gif

Watch, when Casey's contract runs up, they're gonna be scrapping for a replacement, probably will sign an age old veteran. 

That's the Dodgers mantra under this regime.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Los Angeles Dodgers draft pick, LSU QB Zach Lee likely to stick with football[/h1][h5]Published: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 10:45 AM     Updated: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 10:47 AM[/h5]
Katherine Terrell, The Times-Picayune
Follow

Share this story

Story tools

BATON ROUGE -- A popular topic has been incoming freshman quarterback Zach Lee, whom the Los Angeles Dodgers selected with the 28th pick of the Major League Baseball draft in June.

http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?...kely to stick with football | NOLA.com&src=sp

Almost everyone has sounded off about Lee's decision, to sign with the Dodgers or play football and baseball at LSU, except Lee himself, who spoke to reporters Tuesday at LSU Media Day.

Lee said he hasn't spoken to anyone from the Dodgers' organization since they drafted him.

"I haven't talked with them or anything," Lee said. "They contacted me to let me know they drafted me. I haven't heard from them since."

Lee has until Aug. 16 to make his decision, but for now, he is all LSU.

"Right now, I'm going to continue to practice and try to improve my game as much as possible," Lee said. "I know I'm going to have to make a decision sooner or later if they put up an offer or an option. As far as I know, I'm here to stay."

Lee said he hasn't considered playing both professional baseball and college football.

"I really don't think that's an option I would look into," Lee said. "I don't think as a professional team you would want a prospect going out and risking injury. Same thing vice versa: I don't think a (NCAA Division I) school would want their athlete to go out and compete in a different sport and possibly have a severe injury in that sport."

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Dodgers' top pick preparing for football[/h3]LA would get additional 2011 first-rounder if Lee goes unsigned
By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

08/11/10 11:37 AM ET

PHILADELPHIA -- Pitcher Zach Lee, the Dodgers' first-round pick in the 2010 First-Year Player Draft, said he hasn't heard from the club and continues to prepare for his freshman season as a quarterback at Louisiana State.

The deadline to sign picks is Monday at 9 p.m. PT. If the Dodgers don't sign Lee, they would receive the 29th pick in next year's Draft as compensation. As a two-sport star committed to play football and baseball at LSU, Lee dropped in the Draft because of signability concerns.

The Dodgers picked the Texas high schooler anyway with the 28th overall selection and skeptics immediately surmised that the pick was a throwaway by a club that had no intention of satisfying Lee's rumored asking price of more than $5 million.

Logan White, Dodgers assistant general manager of scouting, said at the time that the club would make every effort to sign Lee. Contacted by e-mail Wednesday, White had no comment.

"I haven't really heard anything from them [Dodgers]," Lee told TheNewsStar.com at LSU's media day Tuesday. "As far as I'm concerned, I'm here to stay until something else happens. And I don't really see it happening."

Lee has been getting rave reviews from LSU coaches impressed with his work ethic and adjustment to a college offense. He didn't say what it would take to convince him to leave school.

"No, I really don't know what number it is or if I even have a number," he said. "So as far as I know, I'm here right now, and I'm going to continue to try to improve my game.

"I really don't know what they're going to try to do. I could see it working either way, where they could not have an offer or they could try to produce an offer late. So right now, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing. I'm just going to try and focus here as much as possible until something else changes."

Idiot #%$$ rags running this ship

Back
Top Bottom