OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

Ah, I gotcha. I hardly ever check stubhub or craigslist nowadays.

Hoping to get an abundance of free tix offers from companies that work with our firm, now that the team is, well mediocre at best.

Here's to another 2 months of Dodger baseball  
pimp.gif
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]No Dodgers off yet to Zach Lee[/h1]

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
By RANDY ROSETTA

• Advocate sportswriter
  • Published: Aug 5, 2010
Comments (0)

For now, LSU freshman quarterback Zach Lee is unequivocally and officially a member of the LSU football program.

He’llhave to endure the searing heat of two-a-days with his fellow freshmenas the Tigers begin the grinding road toward the season opener.

Thedifference between Lee and his teammates, of course, is that during thenext two weeks he could walk away from the football field as a richyoung man.

Lee opens practice with hisfreshmen teammates and the rest of the 105-man LSU roster today, but he— and a bunch of Tigers fans holding their breath — is awaiting afinancial offer from the Los Angeles Dodgers, the team that drafted himwith the 29th pick in June.

Right now, Leeis the No. 3 quarterback on the depth chart and the only recruitedsignal-caller from the classes of 2009 or 2010 on campus.

Ifhe leaves, the options after veteran juniors Jordan Jefferson andJarrett Lee would be junior T.C. McCartney and freshman Barrett Bailey,both walk-ons.

Whether or not Lee staysaround after Aug. 16 — the deadline for drafted players to sign procontracts — he’s made a favorable impression on his current footballcoach.

“He’s come in and had a great summerand has provided leadership and gotten the young guys into the indoor(facility) and thrown balls,

so is the judge going to determine if they have to sell?
or if they have an agreement beforehand, they wont have to sell?

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

so is the judge going to determine if they have to sell?
or if they have an agreement beforehand, they wont have to sell?

Well the agreement they had when they purchased the Dodgers was, if things go south, Frank would keep the team, and she would take all the real-estate they own. 

So who knows if what decision the Judge will make, being that she wants the team as well.  

What a mess.

they'll probably settle before it gets that far. he'll probably have to sell the team in order to pay her. or hes going to have to find investors if he wants to keep the team

someone saw the future:

MCCOURT: Also in L.A., Rich Hammond cited a source as saying of McCourt, "I'd give him three years before he has to sell the team. He will either realize he can't do it, or he just won't be able to make payroll." Sports Business Group Principal David Carter, on McCourt: "It's like a high school kid who convinces his dad to buy him a car. He gets the car, but then he realizes he can't afford to buy the gas. I think Dodger fans should be concerned that, in this case, they're going to be the ones buying the gas." Hammond cited sources as saying that McCourt "has been rejected by several potential partners because of concerns about his finances and because investing in the Dodgers is considered risky business" (L.A. DAILY NEWS, 1/18).
that was pre mccourt purchase

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/82106

pretty spot on.

So will he have to still pay her even if she gets the properties? Or would the properties be the "payment?"
I hope he's forced to sell soon. I'm sure if he doesn't, ticket prices will continue to go up and payroll will keep going down

Russ out for the year with "Bo Jackson type" injury..

hip fracture and tear.

last nights game was rough.. we had guys on base every inning.. couldnt get them home..  terrible.

that gave was so pivotal.  everyone else in the west lost.  and we had a chance to be within a handfull of games. first time i saw an inside the park homerun tho.  and dotel seems as good as the ortiz bros.

I hate inside the park home runs.  Most of the time they are not.

Can you honestly look at the way Podsednik played that ball and called it a "Home Run".  It was a double, that Podsednik misplayed.  Should have been an error on Podsednik, !%+% was embarrassing.

The last "Inside the park HR" against the Dodgers:  When James Loney almost killed himself going head first into the OF wall
smh.gif
.  Loney was laid out on the field, ball next to him, and Gary Mathews Jr. came around and scored.  Inside the park HR, my %#+.

i agree, i kept staring at the scoreboard waiting for the error to be put up. a true inside the park homerun only happens to dudes with crazy speed when the ball takes a ridiculous bounce off an outfield corner wall.

[h2]http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/21176/20100805/dunn_claimed_by_unknown_team/[/h2]
[h2]Dunn Claimed By Unknown Team[/h2]
Aug 05, 2010 7:33 PM EST

was_40.gif
Adam Dunn was claimed on trade waivers on Thursday, one major league source told FOXSports.com.

If the Nationals wish to trade Dunn, they will have to do so while negotiating with only one club, between now and Monday afternoon.

Trade waivers are procedural, so this in no way indicates that the Nationals are eager to move Dunn. He is still on the active roster.

Can you guys guess who that "unknown" team is?  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Great outting Kershaw. Dunn says thank you.

Btw, Dodgers are the "unknown team"

Do the Nats pull Dunn off now?

I would shocked if the Nationals did not pull him. They would be wise to offer him arbitration and take the two draft picks, unless Dunn really likes it in D.C and will sign an extension.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Great outting Kershaw. Dunn says thank you.

Btw, Dodgers are the "unknown team"

Do the Nats pull Dunn off now?

Yup, that's what I tried to hint when I posted that article 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom