OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Only reason the Dodgers would have claimed him would be to block him from going to SF or SD.

Hey, have you forgotten who our GM is?
laugh.gif

We're still in it dammit!

We don't have the cash to take on salary though.

In Frank's best case scenario he'll win on the MPA and have to pay Jamie a lot of money, money that he doesn't have. He'll have to find investors who are willing to invest without having controlling interest which could be tough but he probably could do it because the Dodgers have a ton of untapped revenue sources coming up in the forms of TV free agency and all the space surrounding the stadium. The thing is that he would probably have to run the team on a somewhat limited budget until at least 2014, like I said before it can be difficult but it's far from impossible to field a great team with a moderate payroll especially when you scout and develop like the Dodgers have since Logan White was hired. The problem is that in the past three years they have spent next to nothing in the draft and in the international market. It just doesn't make sense, to cut back on draft spending which really is only a couple of million when you're gonna waste those millions on crappy bench players and relievers. I could see it if we had signed CC or Tex, but are Jamey Caroll and George Sherill (even if he was as good as last year) worth the currency we could get by drafting very well. But I really just want to know who's decision it was to more or less eliminate spending in the draft. They've found a lot of success in lower rounds without spending a lot of money, but if they spent even close to as much as they used to they would have an incredible farm system and be in a position to make a real impact move for an actual good player.

Agreed, but i'm anticipating White's exodus from this organization very shortly unfortunately.

This guy isn't being able to do what he does best, and is working below somebody who he runs circles around.

Good to see Jason Repko have a solid week with the Twins.

We trade for the type of players we give away.

Repko = Podsednik
DeWitt = Theriot

This week will put a nail in the optimist coffin.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Good to see Jason Repko have a solid week with the Twins.

We trade for the type of players we give away.

Repko = Podsednik
DeWitt = Theriot

This week will put a nail in the optimist coffin.

316_stan_prayer.gif

One can only hope, my facial muscles are tired from all the laughing when I get called a "hater" and "fake fan" on my facebook page after venting about these shlubs

i dug repko...

but dont you think he had enough chances? its the whole "change of scenery" deal...i guess.

i see podsednik as more of a j. pierre, that we arent paying an absurd about of money for.  dude got on base today in the 1st, and got home quickly.

dont stop.. beelieeevin'

THE DUECE IS LOOSE!

i see podsednik as more of a j. pierre, that we arent paying an absurd about of money for.  dude got on base today in the 1st, and got home quickly.
The sad thing about this statement is that we are still paying a ton of money for Juan Pierre... to play for the White Sox.

*facepalm*

Juan Pierre would look nice right now.

If he's still getting paid, might as well have left him on the roster, dude had no problem with his role at all.
He was still getting paid for his services.

That's why I respected Juan.

I wish we can just start over.

*Sad face*

Jay Gibbons will lead us into the playoffs.

I'm happy for Repko too, I mean its not like he was in the Dodgers organization for 10 years or anything ...

While he didn't go the O Hudson route of *****ing about it to the press, he did express his discontent with the move as it happened on a few occasions that I can remember.

Dodgers' draft pick making a point

The Dodgers say they're making no progress in attempts to sign right-hander Zach Lee, their top pick in last June's draft. But they may have landed a nugget much further down the list in 30th-round selection Shawn Tolleson, the 922nd player taken.

After going 2-7 with a 5.17 ERA last spring at Baylor, where he was used primarily as a starter, the right-hander has blossomed in the bullpen at Ogden, the Dodgers' affiliate in the rookie-level Pioneer League, entering the weekend 1-0 with a 0.47 ERA and a league-best 13 saves in 18 games.

"I was drafted in the 30th round, but maybe I'm not a 30th-rounder," says Tolleson, who is averaging nearly two strikeouts an inning. "So yeah, I came in here not even just trying to prove that but just to prove that I'm good enough to make it."

[email protected]

I wonder what type of contract offers they're "making" to not be getting anywhere
smh.gif
Probably a preferred parking pass, a pallet of Manny dreds and broxton bobbleheads, and a couple grand
smh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Interested to look up some more on this Tolleson kid though

Did yuku just to the unthinkable, I could have sworn I saw those link to the articles you posted 562???

And I even read them.
laugh.gif

Dude, I saw them yesterday when I posted them, and they disappeared for the WHOLE DAY
eek.gif
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I miss the official dodgers.com forums when it was regulated by Benny P, when he left then came in all of the non baseball talk it ran me out of there

One note I wanted to point out about the possible new tv channels in 2014, the Dodgers rank 26th out of 30 teams in terms of TV viewers, how the hell are you gonna convince people who are not watching in the first place, to pay to watch the Dodgers.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i read the bottom link when you posted them yesterday. i came back to read the rest and it was gone, had me thinking i was going crazy

Back
Top Bottom